It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Palestine Has Dropped a Bomb at United Nations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure... according to Israel the Palestinians are always the aggressors. Pardon me while I gag on the fact that people still buy this kind of propaganda.

And according to the Palestinians, Israel is always at fault. Pardon me while I gag on the fact that people still buy this kind of propaganda.

See how that works?

No side in any conflict is ever pure as the wind-driven snow.
edit on 30-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: UnBreakable

They don't need the Wests help.

Or permission.

I know. Obama's gonna be pissed when Nuttyahoo bombs Iran before giving the US nuclear deal a chance to fail.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am not a fan of the Palestinians,

Not a fan either.

Also not a fan of Israeli critics either.

Everyone crying foul about it when they sure didn't give a rats behind about the Palenstinians when they were occupied by the Ottoman Empire.

Only now.

Guess some people just love to take up where Hitler left off.

Some people all too happy to do it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The "president" of some place used to be called Palestine that no longer exists-- they should call him the governor of Gaza and West Bank, is not "dropping a bomb" in the UN. He is standing his ground against the bombs raining on whats left of his peoples little sliver of land, getting more slivered every day.

More power to them, their cause is just, nothing like a man in the right that keeps on a commin…

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Metallicus

I am not a fan of the Palestinians,

Not a fan either.

Also not a fan of Israeli critics either.

Everyone crying foul about it when they sure didn't give a rats behind about the Palenstinians when they were occupied by the Ottoman Empire.

Only now.

Guess some people just love to take up where Hitler left off.

Some people all too happy to do it.

LOL I'm probably guilty of that...not being as alarmed or not caring as much back then. When the Ottoman Empire was doing it's thing, I just wasn't paying as much attention to current events. Uh...yeah...Oh wait, I wasn't alive then! You were? Wow. You must be really, really old!
edit on 30-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They did, in '67, remember? The six day war fought from Syria, Egypt, Jordan, supported by the whole arab world. The US helped Israel win that, even though they didn't really win, the Arabs stopped on the Golan heights without realizing they had won.

No the US didn't, in fact they thought it best that Israel go it alone.

Though Johnson continued to caution Israel against preemption, a number of the President’s advisors had concluded that U.S. interests would be best served by Israel “going it alone” by the time the Israelis actually did so.

From the beginning, the United States sought a ceasefire in order to prevent an Arab defeat bad enough to force the Soviet Union to intervene. U.S. officials were also concerned about alienating pro-Western Arab regimes, especially after Egypt and several other Arab states accused the United States of helping Israel and broke diplomatic relations. Yet after June 5, the administration did not also demand an immediate Israeli pullback from the territories it had occupied. U.S. officials believed that in light of the tenuous nature of the prewar armistice regime, they should not force Israel to withdraw unless peace settlements were put into place.

history.state.gov...

You like to just make things up don't you?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The "president" of some place used to be called Palestine that no longer exists-- they should call him the governor of Gaza and West Bank, is not "dropping a bomb" in the UN. He is standing his ground against the bombs raining on whats left of his peoples little sliver of land, getting more slivered every day.

More power to them, their cause is just, nothing like a man in the right that keeps on a commin…

Agreed. More power to him. Support the boycotts, divestment and sanctions (BDS) against Israel until it complies with international law and Palestinian rights.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Of course no side is pure. But it seems pretty clear that occupation and theft are wrong, right?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Let Israel deal with their problems. We're all about no intervention, no imperialism, remember? Let Palestine deal with Israel itself.

Convenient. Palestine has Iranian backing, and now we're backing Iran.

So if we're backing Iran, and they are backing Palestine, then Israel is our enemy? (It sure looks like it from here)
Where does it stop? We allow Afghanistan to rape young boys, we turn a blind eye to millions of human rights abuses in the Middle East. And everyone gets upset about Palestine. I'm not buying it. I'm no hater of Israel, so I try to avoid these topics, but it seems pretty clear to me that most people and nations pick and choose human rights abuses to rally against.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wonder what do you guys support on them, ancient bible stories of actual Israelis and Jews or how their actions as nation in land of Palestine/Israel today? Is it like yous feel one have to give all the support to em who says they are ancient Israelis and Jews? Is it based on bible saying that bless Israelis/Jews and be blessed in return? It does look like allot like that, they cannot do wrong in that case, ppl are after blessings like its money. What if its all created because of this knowledge, that westerns will give blind support even if they massacred Palestinians years after years, corner them behind one city and walls, "grenades as missiles vs most recent military tech and enormous financial support and blind eye by the world towards their crimes.

I throw alternative to think about it, if Rhoma gypsies were given land of Rajasthan (where them are said to come from) after ww2 and all the support by military tech and financial etc and they would have pushed already living natives out of their homes and cities to one city, build wall around em and keep em there for years and years etc, same situation than we have in Israel/Palestine today, how would u and world react to that?

Also to think more about it, Rhomanies were slaughtered as Jews by nazies, because their race, yet after war ended it took long time to world "realize" that fact, they did not get even closely similar support after war, actually USA president Bush even banned em from holocaust memorial court in 2002. There are allot of things that point to real answers of today`s situations, in Israel/Palestine as well of Rhomanies situations today, one just has to have awakened eyes to see the double standards etc.
edit on 30-9-2015 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Both countries react out of fear. Fear makes people mean. It's simple, but true. And it works both ways.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No side in any conflict is ever pure as the wind-driven snow.

True - but you can't say that there aren't plenty of Jews that are Pro-Palestinian. Certain groups here in the USA would have you believe that Israel is of a single mind on this issue. That they are the ones under attack - not the other way around. That all Jews in Israel and around the world are working to protect Israel, rather than the obvious fact that Israel is more interested in destroying the very idea of a Palestine and trying to silence anyone that sees things differently

Shadowy Web Site Creates Blacklist of Pro-Palestinian Activists Read more: forward.com...

A new website is publicizing the identities of pro-Palestinian student activists to prevent them from getting jobs after they graduate from college. But the website is keeping its own backers’ identity a secret. Read more: forward.com...

Israel Backers Accused of 'Stifling Dissent' in US Universities

Jews For Justice For Palestinians

Minds of Peace

edit on 9/30/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: link...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Mr. Netanyahu may well make the Palestinian issue the primary focus of his speech, and will probably repeat his recent statements that he is ready to restart negotiations with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority anywhere, anytime. Mr. Netanyahu insists that these talks have no preconditions — but that itself is a condition he knows the Palestinian leader will not accept. (Mr. Abbas has insisted that he will resume negotiations only if Israel releases long-serving Palestinian prisoners, halts construction of West Bank settlements and bases the talks on the pre-1967 lines that divided Israel from the West Bank and Gaza Strip.)

source: NYT's

This comment was made before Mr. Abbas comments today.

Lip service.

If Israel, or, more specifically, Netanyahu and his warmongering, party Likud (their version of/counterpart to our warmongering GOP), wanted peace, there would be peace.
edit on 9/30/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I expect tomorrow in his speech, Netanyahu will be giving more than lip service. I dread it.

What Abbas has done is very dangerous.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I expect tomorrow in his speech, Netanyahu will be giving more than lip service. I dread it.

Dangerous or not, I'd call it brave. And about damn time. How much longer can we go on with one set of rules for everyone except Israel?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

If you want to call what amounts to an invitation for more war "brave', fine. I personally call it fool hearty.

Two-thirds of the people in Gaza and the West Bank are calling for Abbas to step down.

edit on 9/30/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Silly thing is they had their chance under Arafat to get a good deal when Barak was in power. They turned it down. That will probably be the last chance for a reasonably sized 'Palestine.' Netanyahu will play the game and serve and dither...................... But the chance of of reasonable Palestinian state is gone forever. Now its Bantustan time, if the Palestinians are lucky.

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Mr. Netanyahu may well make the Palestinian issue the primary focus of his speech, and will probably repeat his recent statements that he is ready to restart negotiations with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority anywhere, anytime. Mr. Netanyahu insists that these talks have no preconditions — but that itself is a condition he knows the Palestinian leader will not accept. (Mr. Abbas has insisted that he will resume negotiations only if Israel releases long-serving Palestinian prisoners, halts construction of West Bank settlements and bases the talks on the pre-1967 lines that divided Israel from the West Bank and Gaza Strip.)

source: NYT's

This comment was made before Mr. Abbas comments today.

Lip service.

If Israel, or, more specifically, Netanyahu and his warmongering, party Likud (their version of/counterpart to our warmongering GOP), wanted peace, there would be peace.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

I find Israel's undeclared nukes more omininous! About time they be given an ultimatum by those under their siege.

I mean, hello NATO members including US, what's with the DOUBLE STANDARD?

I ask you to consider the history of the question of Palestine and the relevant United Nations resolutions to realize the obvious truth: that a historic injustice has been inflicted upon a people and a homeland, a people that had lived peacefully in their land and made genuine intellectual, cultural and humanitarian contributions to mankind. This people do not deserve to be deprived of their homeland, to die in exile or be swallowed by the sea, or to spend their lives fleeing from one refugee camp to another. Yet regrettably, their just cause remains at a standstill after the passage of all these years
[..]

The persistence of this matter prompts us to ask: do the votes by democratic countries against Palestine-related resolutions and the legitimate rights of our people serve peace and those who believe in the two-State solution? Or do they serve and encourage extremists and increase their hatred and racism, making them believe that they are above the law, to the point where they commit the burning of a Palestinian family in the town of Duma in the West Bank, claiming the lives of an infant, Ali Dawabsheh, and his father and mother? What is left of this family is an orphan child, Ahmed, 4-year old, who lies between life and death in the hospital as a result of his bums, while the killers remain free and have not yet been arrested

[..]

Is it not time to end this injustice? Is it not time to stop this suffering? Is it not time for the racist annexation wall to be dismantled? Is it not time for the humiliating and degrading checkpoints and barriers set up by the Israeli occupying forces in our land to be removed, for the Israeli blockade imposed on the Gaza Strip to be lifted, and for our people to move in freedom and dignity in their own homeland and outside? Is it not time to end the racist, terrorist, colonial settlement of our land, which is destroying the two-State solution? Is it not the time for the six thousand Palestinian prisoners and detainees in Israeli jails to see the light of freedom and to live among their families and communities? Is it not the time for the longest occupation in history suffocating our people to come to an end?

written speech here:
gadebate.un.org...

Later I will trasncript more, I hope, didn't had time to listen to the speech and read it .

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Dangerous or not, I'd call it brave. And about damn time. How much longer can we go on with one set of rules for everyone except Israel?

Theres a fine line between brave and stupid if i recall. This gives carte blanche to israel if he i sshown he cannot control his fiefdom in'wrongfully renamed palestine,"thanks Ceasear" Its actually Judea historically and should be called as such but wont because it would make the PLA look like idiots.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Kali74

If one side keeps trying to invade the other and loses every time, they lose real estate too. Not every country can afford to be like the US and back out.

Heck, Russia would sympathize with Israel. How much land has Russia grabbed? Georgia ... Crimea ... working on Ukraine.

Invade are you insane? Israel has done nothing but invade Palestine since it's creation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join