It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President of Palestine Has Dropped a Bomb at United Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The President of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, has announced at the United Nations, that Palestine is no longer bound by any of the agreements previously made with Israel. The Oslo Agreement of 1993 is now moot. This speech was made about one hour ago, in New York.

I saw his speech on AJAM, and will be looking for something in writing to post here.

This sounds very, very ominous.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
From the NYT 30 minutes ago.

Demonstrating a new level of tension with Israel, President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority declared Wednesday that it was no longer bound by the Oslo Accords that formed the basis for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

In his annual General Assembly speech, Mr. Abbas accused Israel of having violated the accords and subsequent agreements. He asserted that there was no reason the Palestinians should remain faithful to them as long as the Israelis were not.

“We cannot continue to be bound by these signed agreements with Israel and Israel must assume fully all its responsibility as an occupying power,” Mr. Abbas said.

There had been speculation fed by Mr. Abbas’s aides that he would drop a “bombshell” announcement during his speech. While the announcement sounded serious, the practical effects were not immediately clear.

www.nytimes.com...

Still looking.....

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I find Israel's undeclared nukes more omininous! About time they be given an ultimatum by those under their siege.

I mean, hello NATO members including US, what's with the DOUBLE STANDARD?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The Israeli government has long contended that it willing to re-engage in peace talks with the Palestinians and has argued that Mr. Abbas has poisoned the atmosphere by inciting Palestinian attacks against Israel.

Source NYT

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Thank you for posting the speech.

The Palestine flag has now been raised in the Rose Garden at the UN. Ceremony just now taking place. The United States voted against this.

In 24 hours, Netanyahu will be delivering his speech. Oh God.

edit on 9/30/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why should Palestine honour the agreements for a 2 state solution, Israel never did. Once again though, it will be the people of Palestine who will suffer most. You can make the world aware of the crimes Israel has been and is committing (it seems the country doesn't care about its global reputation) but at the end of the day, only those who have influence with Israel will have any effect.

+11 more 
link   
Who can blame the people in the West Bank and Gaza for tiring of the decades old "Peace Process"?

link   
US & Israel both opposed even recognizing Palestine's sovereignty..

so imagine - no WITNESS - how they treat natal Palestinian people..

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No one else has said it so il get there first.....this is the blood moons fault.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The United Nations is about Peace. How Mr. Abbas could possibly entertain that this announcement is in keeping with anything the United Nations stands for, boggles a rational mind. What he has announced is the antithesis of peace.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Considering that Netanyahu has done everything within his power to urinate all over the Olso Agrement (which was set up to fail in the first place) this news is not surprising.

I fear what may come of this due to Israeli aggression but this might be a step in the right direction. My only fear is that Israel will use this as another reason to "mow the lawn" as they like to do in Gaza and the West Bank from time to time.

Expect an announcement in regards to new settlements in the West Bank and also expect some rockets ALLEGEDLY being thrown into empty fields on the Israeli side from Gaza...

This is becoming all too predictable...

edit on 30-9-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

He asserted that there was no reason the Palestinians should remain faithful to them as long as the Israelis were not

I agree with Abbas , the two-state solution was an agreement used to tie the hands of the Palestinians while Israel carried on building settlements , any hope that may have existed for it died years ago.

edit on 30-9-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I mean Israel has done NOTHING to help the peace process. Absolutely nothing. They threaten, bomb, kill, attack, terrorize, sanction, stop aid, water, electricity, money, food and medicine. Then they build settlements on Palestinian property, they don't abide by any of these peace processes or treaties or accords.

...and then they wonder why there are SOME terrorists in the Palestinian territories who fight back.

I'm not condoning violence at all. But you must understand. If our government did this to us, we would fight back as well. You know you would.

What's the answer? If Israel was really serious about peace and not taking over the palestinian territories for it's own needs, then they would have peace. If they needed help all they would have to do is ask American and we would provide logistics to help Israel in any way possible.

Conclusion? Israel does not want peace and they want to take over the Palestinian territories for a greater Israel. That's really all there is to it.

Keep in mind that it's really childish. At any time Israel could say, hey lets have a peace meeting. We'll meet in Egypt or US or France or anywhere and just have a discussion, with proposed solutions. It could happen in a day if they wanted it to.

In Business, if I have a problem, I don't let it drag on for years, I handle it then with a phone call or a meeting. and then a follow up meeting. This is really no different.
edit on 30-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

link   

Blimey
What a time to say such a thing. With Russia on Israel's border maybe the Arabs are getting a little bit confident of kicking out the Zionist regime. It's all going Pete Tong today in the Middle East.

+16 more 
link   
Now someone over in Palestine will throw a rock & Israel will bomb them for a week straight.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He's had enough of his people being terrorized in their OWN homeland.

Heck, sounds alot like Syria- what's LEFT of it!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Blimey
What a time to say such a thing. With Russia on Israel's border maybe the Arabs are getting a little bit confident of kicking out the Zionist regime. It's all going Pete Tong today in the Middle East.

Arabs are getting a little bit confident of kicking out the Zionist regime? More like the Palestinians as a whole. Other Arabs could care less about the Palestinians. SA, Egypt, UA Emirates, etc. don't help the Palestinians at all but only like to play them against Israel. SA has a better relationship with Israel than the Palestinians.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I've heard a lot worse, I seem to remember the previous Iranian President used his UN speech to accuse the U.S. Government for 9/11. Lots of heads of states left the room during his speech.

I agree with guy, what has happened to Palestine is a travesty and the whole world should be ashamed for allowing it to continue. We should be treating Isreal in exactly the same way the world did to South Africa during apartheid.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Oh yes, I forgot. And wasn't it the UN where Chavez called Bush Satan, and said he could still smell sulfur in the air after Bush left. lol. Although I wasn't a Bush supporter, I still found that offensive and inappropriate.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am not a fan of the Palestinians, but I think this might be necessary for us to move forward. I don't think this will hurt Israel and it will be an opportunity to find a peaceful solution.

My gut tells me that these people have been fighting for so long that neither of them really want peace anymore. Fighting and hating each other has become their 'identity'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join