It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for Hurricane Joaquin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Joaquin is an hurricane now and he promise to make a mess right in my area this weekend, not like Sandy but lots of water and wind too. There is another storm that Joaquin will find on his way, if both storms join forces it will get worse. It's expected to be upgraded to category 2.

The period from Saturday into next Tuesday will bring onshore winds strong enough to cause coastal flooding, beach erosion and rough surf. How severe this becomes will depend on whether a non-tropical storm acts alone or joins forces with Joaquin or its moisture.

Those along the immediate East Coast from North Carolina into southern New England should make preparations for coastal flooding regardless of Joaquin.

Calling all ATS members in the affected area, since it's happening on the weekend, we got time to put together a nice coverage. I'm in Newark, NJ.

www.accuweather.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Stay safe and hunker down!
Live play by play coverage would be nice instead of the weather channel...(yawn)

Will look for your updates!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Here the sky is gray already and it's been a bit rainy since yesterday afternoon. Buy the groceries before the weekend will be wise.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'm in Newark on my way to Dallas, have fun!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I feel sorry for all the people that have expensive coastal real estate in the areas that the hurricane will be impacting if heading that way.

But hurricanes while are not something that impact the eastern northern part of the US all the time, it does happen once in a while.

I am from the Caribbean and been impacted from hurricane is a yearly thing and quite used to it.

Make sure to take the necessary precautions and stay away from the coast, after all it seems that the area is already getting a lot of water so any water from the hurricane will make things worst.

Then the tax payers will have to take the cost of fixing the coast as usual.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm still mildly traumatized by my Hurricane Sandy experience. Good luck to you and I hope and pray it doesn't make it up the East coast.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have always wondered what the damages might amount to if a Cat 2 or greater Hurricane went up the Chesapeake Bay.
It could reach Trillions of dollars, if it were to happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It would be a net plus if it inundated Washington and drowned everyone in the Capitol District.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wishful thinking, wishful thinking but I think that the rats will float away, they are quite crafty vermin.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Good luck. I'm sure you are prepared so I've only got one bit of advice: Storms bring out the worst in some people.

Price gouging, profiteering...if you, your colleagues or anyone you knows sees people 'procuring' or 'selling' goods out of the back of a truck, don't hesitate to alert the authorities. Anyone who seeks to capitalize from peoples misfortunes should be called out and punished.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The path of the hurricane as shown on other news sites has the possibility of hitting DC directly.

One can only hope that Congress will be in session,
and all politicians in town.
They deserve a good soaking for the way they
have run the country into the ground!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm posting from my phone now, can't paste the link but according to nj.com last update, it's going for New Jersey. They suggest it's going to be the worse since Sandy.

My personal DEFCON level upgraded to level 3.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Here's hoping he goes directly for The DONALDS big fat mouth, lord knows it is big enough to swallow Joaquin whole!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Here's hoping he goes directly for The DONALDS big fat mouth, lord knows it is big enough to swallow Joaquin whole!

He's too smart to caught be in the path of the storm. The rest of the politicians are the ones in deep trouble.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I was thinking a similar thing about Chris Christie.
He is so big, he could probably block the wind from hitting his state.
Or he could fart in the storm's general direction and change its course.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In PA here. A few miles from both Maryland and Delaware.
We have a birthday party planned for my gf's son on Saturday. He wanted to launch model rockets...don't think that part is going to happen, luckily we have backup plans.

Looking at the storm, it looks like its creeping. Down to 5 mph. I've seen slow moving hurricanes before but never that slow.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I'm posting from my phone now, can't paste the link but according to nj.com last update, it's going for New Jersey. They suggest it's going to be the worse since Sandy.

My personal DEFCON level upgraded to level 3.

There are still a lot of variables. NJ is most likely going to be affected, but how bad is prognostication at best. It could turn drastically at the Carolinas, head up the Chesapeake, skim the coast until Jersey, or head out and just graze New England.

I think tomorrow will give a better idea. Still, I'm stocking up on water, food, and batteries. A lot of trees around these parts tend to fall in storms like these.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Looking at the storm, it looks like its creeping. Down to 5 mph. I've seen slow moving hurricanes before but never that slow.

Yup.
Moving slow, building up steam.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I live in East Tx, and have been through the last hurricane to hit this area. Since then I invested in this spiffy thing: PowerPot - powerpractical. Not being able to charge anything for over 2 weeks was a real pain. I hope you guys on the East Coast fair well through this trying time. Stock up on things that you can, and plan better for the future. These storms are one of the reasons why I prep. Not because the "end of the world is nye", but because natural disasters are more common; and it will take the gov a few days or more to respond and get supplies to that area.

Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's amazing that the northeast seems to get the major hurricanes late in hurricane season when things should be cooling down up this way.. Maybe it's a global warming induced trend?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join