It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS Three killed as Guangxi’s Liucheng county rocked by series of suspected parcel bombs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Blasts were reported in as many as 15 locations across Liucheng county including a shopping mall, prison, county government office, supermarket, vegetable market and a centre for disease control

BREAKING NEWS Three killed as Guangxi’s Liucheng county rocked by series of suspected parcel bombs

Found this also:

www.rt.com...

Wonder who is behind this? Could it be connected to gas explosions in China this year?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Your link says 6 killed, dozens injured, up to 15 locations.. Parcel bombs..

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The locations included a shopping mall, a prison, a county government office, a supermarket, a transport station, a hospital, a staff dormitory of animal husbandry, a vegetable market, and a disease control center.

Think they got the message?

Insane acts in an insane world.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I was thinking it could be related to the blasts in Thailand recently.. 15 locations? this was highly coordinated and had to have a decent number of conspirators. I hope they're brought to justice and will keep the affected in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing OP

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

One explosion is bad enough, but 15 is alarming! It seems like China may have a terrorist organization operating inside their borders.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

One explosion is bad enough, but 15 is alarming! It seems like China may have a terrorist organization operating inside their borders.

Or maybe it's part of someone's agenda to make them pick a side. Remember 9/11.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Most likely. We will have to see who, if anyone, takes the responsibility for this. But damn, so many explosions recently for it to be just some isolated attacks.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Or maybe it's part of someone's agenda to make them pick a side. Remember 9/11.

Yes I was thinking the same, tighter controls over the public would be ideal to stamp out any anti government groups.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As other have pointed out 15 seems like a lot to pull off in one day all at pretty much the same time.

I don't see how this could be the work of one lone person, unless the bombs where very near each other.

With China's stock market being what it is right now. There is no shortage of people that might try this. I have yet to hear of any group even trying a fails claim on the bombing.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The weird thing is that, the MSM has absolutely no coverage of this news.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The Center of Disease Control was bombed. That's terrifying.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Its called the US.
the only real loosers of chinas recent devaluation.

Funny how the big blast happened just days after this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville

Youtube is blocked in China, wonder how they get it up there so fast.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow...those seem like some rather large parcel bombs to be taking a building down like that. From the pics these must have been fairly big and, if parcels, had to be delivered by truck or something. That is a lot of destruction happening at the same time. Odd thing is, from the video posted above, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to the locals walking around....if it was done to create panic it appears it failed.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Ddrneville

Youtube is blocked in China, wonder how they get it up there so fast.

Interesting.....the poster has 3 videos of the same incident on their page, all with different time stamps.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Probably an "insider" if you know what I mean, someone not from China or that area.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The Chinese must be in a complete state of confusion now. I hope the perps are found quickly. Terrorists on the loose is not something any country will put up with for long.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
From a NYT story:

The Ministry of Public Security said it was treating the case as a criminal act, and not terrorism. It said a 33-year-old local man, identified only by his family name of Wei, was considered a suspect, but provided no further details, including a possible motive or whether the man had been detained.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
From a NYT story:

The Ministry of Public Security said it was treating the case as a criminal act, and not terrorism. It said a 33-year-old local man, identified only by his family name of Wei, was considered a suspect, but provided no further details, including a possible motive or whether the man had been detained.

That would be a very hard pill to swallow, this being the act of one person. Placing 15 explosive devices all over the city then detonating them...I can't think that is possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join