It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians tell US to remove warplanes from Syria, senior official says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Why not leave Russia to deal with the mess in the Syria half?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Top NATO general: Russians starting to build air defense bubble over Syria

............Breedlove went on to suggest that Russia’s presence in Syria had little to do with fighting the Islamic State and a lot to do with propping up Syrian President Bashir al-Assad, adding that the sophisticated air defense systems and other pieces of equipment—including aircraft designed for an air-to-air role—was a clear indicator of Russia’s intentions.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

What I am trying to say is we are at an important point in our Human History we are meant to come together and fight for the greater good let us have the future of Star-trek Abundance and exploring the Inner and Outer Universe in Peace and Harmony forever

Not one of Nuclear Armaggeddon... We just dodged some Near Earth Asteroids.... We must band together to Continue the Human Experience.. Everyone Must look to History for Wisdom.. Spread Love! Not War..

edit on 30-9-2015 by Gestas because: !!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: crazyewok

Top NATO general: Russians starting to build air defense bubble over Syria

............Breedlove went on to suggest that Russia’s presence in Syria had little to do with fighting the Islamic State and a lot to do with propping up Syrian President Bashir al-Assad, adding that the sophisticated air defense systems and other pieces of equipment—including aircraft designed for an air-to-air role—was a clear indicator of Russia’s intentions.

Don't really care.

Assad not my enemy and done nothing against me.

Only ISIS are my enemy.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think Assad finally had to requested Russians and others help, after some years! Now Russia is there and are preparing/prepared to AID Syrian government and by that Syrian ppl to get rid of the terrorist and now US is saying it will keep helping terrorist, so what we have here? It seems this is the beginning of real world war, no more fighting just by arming and financing etc but direct combat between world powers, the real enemy whom are still hiding behind the scenes have waited for this moment. I think world leaders knew all along how this is going and after the fight sparks off they will very likely same time charge at Iran.

Btw peace have never been an option... Even if all ME would pend over, they would seek a way to spark world war, you know they keep humanity in obey by doing this time after time, its all connected to our societies and ways of living, true freedom, peace, natural path of evolution is real danger to the world, at least in their eyes.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

One wants Assad gone, the other wants him to stay. We(the global population of taxpayers) are at the mercy of war-pigs using proxy tactics to further agendas.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Peace can be Obtained.

But we have to understand some things....

1. There is PLENTY OF LAND ON THIS PLANET

2. LETS GOTO SPACE THERES MORE LAND THERE!!

3. Paradigm shift towards Abundance where EVERYONE PROFITS.

4. Time to Start Diplomacy with aliens if we really have a world war do you think the Aliens are going to speak to us?

Lets goto space instead of War.. If we goto war do we all really wanna get destroyed? Instead of Going to Space?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

At least someone is finally doing something. Boots on the ground is the only thing that will end the disastrous war.

Let America stick to ruining Iraq I say.

Huh? Boots on the gorund is wha lead to this conflict .

The USA unwanted invasion and intrusion and attempt at regime change in Syria by proxy fighters like IS led to this point where Russia has to put 'boots-on-the-ground' so some semblance of Order can be brought back to the Syria-Iraq areas...

the world wants ISIS destroyed and the WH/USA's policy is to build up, arm, resupply, & keep the IS training camps churning out hundreds of new recruits from foreign countries into the vast battlefield as long as it can
Russia wants to end the engineered madness by this Administration & the Muslim Brotherhood policy makers operating within in the WH circle by staunching the USA & Coalition air-support of IS/al Nusra/AQ/ and other anti-Assad forces in Syria only---
Iraq will be a separate matter dealt with by diplomacy by a cool headed Putin & company
edit on th30144361573530222015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Because the west believes then Assad will regain control and it's going to be harder to overthrow him. Because you know, civil rights and stuff. Chemical weapons as well. Just the usual.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
And Russia has told the West "get your planes out of Syria or they will be treated as hostile combatants" lol

NOW the Bear speaks

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

It's so hypocrite that France is starting an investigation ... in order to know if they should investigate.
A French investigation will only be considered by a French court if, among the casualities, there are French citizens (dual french-citizenship is OK too). They are not sure atm if there were any such individuals in order to justify the legal action.

I wonder what would have been the outcome for the ME if the picture of the Gaza kids shelled on the beach by the Israeli navy got the same echo in the press as the drowned kid.

a reply to: Gestas

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: anticitizen
If aircraft are not effective then why is Russia sending only aircraft?

russia isn't only sending planes. this is just the beginning: creating an airfield, defend it with artillery and sams. then the ground forces can be delivered.

note: coalition bombs killed about 8000 IS freaks. that's not even close to the number of fighters that came from other countries over the last year.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

USA planes have no business being in Syria. Assad wants Russian planes there, it's Russia's right to dominate that airspace. USA should clear off where it isn't wanted. Russians don't want them, Syria's government doesn't want them, even the Isis doesn't want them. It's time to back off and let Russia do what is requested of it. I'm all for most USA interventions but Syria is a sovereign nation fighting terror just like USA was following 9/11 and should be allowed to defend itself against Islamic terror.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ok, the rights and wrongs are open for debate on who should be in Syria and for what purpose, however, if a US aircraft did get shot down whilst on operations over syrain airspace by either Russian forces directly, or indirectly, how would the USA respond?

Edit:
Not meaning to go off topic but it's relevant to the op

edit on 30-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

At least now, they can't say that they haven’t been warned.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK
Ok, the rights and wrongs are open for debate on who should be in Syria and for what purpose, however, if a US aircraft did get shot down whilst on operations over syrain airspace by either Russian forces directly, or indirectly, how would the USA respond?

Edit:
Not meaning to go off topic but it's relevant to the op

No doubt there would be some harsh words exchanged and that would be the end of it. I don't know why people think we are on the brink of a nuclear apocalypse. This is just another proxy war. And I think Putin is right. We should prop up Assad. The hypocrites in our governments call him a war criminal when our armed forces just spent over a decade committing war crimes. Any kind of functioning government is a step closer to order. Which is just what the region needs. Some kind of order and stability. And right now Putin looks like he's the most likely candidate to do it. He's got the balls. I'm not saying he doesn't have any hidden motivation but if it brings this madness to an end, stops the west causing chaos and stops the endless killing then why the # not?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Harsh words and the usa with its tail between its legs. In terms of seeing a potential number of its aircraft being targeted by anti aicraft missiles supplied by Russia and public opinion in the US, they would have to give way to Russian demands not to fly in syrain airspace. Putin 1, obama 0.

edit on 30-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK
a reply to: sg1642

Harsh words and the usa with its tail between its legs. In terms of seeing a potential number of its aircraft being targeted by anti aicraft missiles supplied by Russia and public opinion in the US, they would have to give way to Russian demands not to fly in syrain airspace. Putin 1, obama 0.

I don't see them giving way and losing face like that. They know as well as the Russians that any air to air action is completely deliberate as would anti air action be deliberate too. There isn't much chance of a us or Russian fighter being brought down by the other side. Isis isn't in the air. Those weapons are there to make a statement and as a precaution. (Wouldn't surprise me if stingers show up in the ISIS arsenal next)

Who says branches of the Syrian armed forces won't go rogue? They may use air assets.That's the kind if thing Russian planners would be thinking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: anticitizen

That is the one million question, since the US is been getting their noses in Syria under Obama administration ISIS is doing quite well in that region and on top of that look at the massive exodus of people.

So why are the tax payer paying for the war planes in the area?

I guess is to make sure that ISIS get another country than can call home.

edit on 30-9-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

will read and follow..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join