It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Aircraft Scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Yes. Because they're testing them against things more easily and readily available in other locations.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws

Some areas near Scotland allow systems to experience certain environments and conditions that would be useful in testing a capability.

Cheers
Robbie

Is there a new system that needs to experience Tennents Super and Tramadol I am not aware of?
edit on 1-10-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gfad
a reply to: stratsys-sws

You've peaked my curiosity... Conditions nonexistent in continental USA?

Long metal Russian wet tubes?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

The green lady is fueled with Buckfast

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
My guess would be Obama is going to pay you a visit soon and they were just looking at what golf courses he might like

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The Russian Air Force and Navy do seem to like Scotland, must be the whisky - keeping our QRA boys busy.

(Sorry offtopic) - Jukiodone.....I nearly spat my tea out when I read your comment about Tennents, very funny!

edit on 2-10-2015 by stratsys-sws because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Aha..The plot thickens...or maybe we have an answer at last. Dont head for the mountains relying on your GPS to get you back home again from the 5th-15 of this month.
GPS Jamming Exercises

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Considering the sightings there, do you blame them?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
up to no good. why?

"The mystery deepend when a spokesman for air traffic control service NATS said the plane was definitely not a commercial aircraft and suggested it was probably a military jet, while the Ministry of Defence said it did not belong to the British military.
The US air force, which has servicing and re-fuelling contracts with Prestwick Airport, also use the Canadian-made planes, but Prestwick Airport said the jet had not been in touch on Tuesday."

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

The flight path for one of the ASTOR aircraft was tracked from takeoff, to the area where it orbited, and returned to its base.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
up to no good. why?

"The mystery deepend when a spokesman for air traffic control service NATS said the plane was definitely not a commercial aircraft and suggested it was probably a military jet, while the Ministry of Defence said it did not belong to the British military.
The US air force, which has servicing and re-fuelling contracts with Prestwick Airport, also use the Canadian-made planes, but Prestwick Airport said the jet had not been in touch on Tuesday."

'Mystery plane' over Scotland was RAF training flight

Dont know why it was denied in the first instance. Maybe just lazy journalism. ?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Talking to the wrong person probably.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Considering the sightings there, do you blame them?

No I guess not, nice of them to oblige though! Typhoons and Dragons, bring it on

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
There was a bit of furor earlier this year when a Russian "spy plane" overflew the UK....luckily it was all OK though as there was an RAF guy on board as per the Open Skies Treaty...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Few thousand. WE do not hate the English. we cannot stand the politicians who have no idea how to run a country.
Why dont you leave ya clown.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Unrelated to the mystery flight in the OP, but I thought I would share one of my own "Mystery Aircraft Scotland" experiences:

I originally come from a few miles outside of a village called Muir of Ord, about 20 miles north-northwest of Inverness. This would have been round about 2000/2001, in late Sept or early Oct, witnessed by myself and 3 others, over the course of around 40 minutes. My folk's house is amongst farmland, no streetlights and only a handful of houses dotted amongst fields.

Myself and a friend had taken some rifles out to try and thin the rabbit population around the area one evening. We'd gone a couple of fields over from my house, bagging a few as we go when we catch a glimpse of two lights, one red, one green, dancing in the sky to the south-east. By my memory's estimate, this would've been around 20:30 on a clear night, so no sodium glow on low cloud from the village to the west or Inverness to the south-southeast.

The motion was most analogous to having two mouse cursors on a screen, not moving wildly, but certainly with high pace. The appearance of each of the lights, asides from colour, was the same. Solid, not blinking nor wavering in intensity and both displayed the same degree of freedom of movement. We couldn't discern any planform housing the lights, so it was pretty difficult to judge how distant they were from us. There was no sound, and as best I could perceive it, they seemed quite distant, possibly out past Inverness but that is speculation on my part.

We continued on over another field while keeping an eye on these lights, still doing as they had been doing for the past 15 minutes, until we arrived at a friends house. We called in and two of them came up to the top of their field with us (south-east view). We then witnessed a third, blue light blink into existence in the same area of the sky and join the dance with the other two. This carried on for about 25 minutes or so, after which the lights blinked out together.

The two closest RAF bases at the time were Kinloss (Army since 2012) and Lossiemouth, both of which are down the Moray coastline in roughly that direction. We have no idea what we saw, maybe this belongs more in the UFO forum than here, but I love the insight you sometimes get in this one

edit on 18-2-2016 by Revolvacron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolvacron

The red and green lights were wingtip navigation lights. Red is the left wing, green is the right. Not sure about the third.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sorry, I should have clarified, the lights moved independently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join