It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove the Earth is not flat.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
How to prove the Earth is not flat.

Am I understanding you correctly in that you are asking for some method of forcing another to think as you do? To manipulate/convince him to accept 'your' notions/program?

... here are some videos that will help those who believe the Earth is flat...
Hard to deny actual facts in the end.

Problem with whatever videos you care to offer, you are attempting to dislodge a 'belief infection' using 'logical argument'.
That is always an error.
A 'belief' is an infection of the imagination, the 'ego'! Who you imagine yourself to be!
When that is attacked, results are not a stinging bout of 'logical argument', but a stinging slap in the face because you just threatened and possibly assaulted (on a mental/emotional level) who they are, THEM!
And the response is 'self-defense'!
Not discussion, but symptomatic reactions, manifestations of the infection.
If someone truly 'believes' in a flat earth, just like a 'true believer' in an... oblate spheroidal Earth, logic is subsumed in service to the 'belief'.
Logic is twisted, chopped, bashed and well 'tenderized' to feed a 'belief'.

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

Besides, what with the need to 'prove' anything to anyone?
Feeling a bit... insecure in your 'beliefs'? *__-
'Beliefs' require constant 'defending' and 'validation/feeding' and 'spreading'.
I do not see the 'flat Earther' here 'defending' and 'validation/feeding' and 'spreading' his 'beliefs'.

Science does not 'prove', it 'disproves'!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

So the gravitational pull that keep the water on the oceans on the earth is effected by the moon with a smaller gravitational pull. But not on lakes.......or big lakes.

Large lakes indeed have tides. They are so minuscule, they are measured in inches.

Land has tides as well, which sometimes cause earthquakes.
edit on 30-9-2015 by charlyv because: content

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Did you really write that post yourself...No offence but have you left school yet....
I am just amazed by your logic here....this must be a joke..
cheers

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jon1

The funny thing is he said all that actually meaning it lol.
Calling Newton a Moron lol.
Classic lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Classic lol.

Well actually yes I called him a moron and his theory of gravity is the dumbest thing ever. HEre is a quote on his scientific opinion when asked how far the Sun was from the earth.

Issac Newton once said, “It matters not whether we reckon it 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!” How scientific!?

As most of you on here are obviously dim and only spout what government schools have forced down your necks maybe you should look at using plane trigonometry and sextants and find a more accurate distance for the sun from the earth. And size too!!!
edit on 30-9-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Wow first you call Newton a moron then call the ATS membership dim...
All while not showing us anything and just spouting off your own opinion.
No facts nothing great job dude keep it up with your obviously higher intellect then all before you.

Pfft.

Do you actually believe the world is flat?.
edit on 30-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I have no real proof of Ball shaped or flat.

BUT I do know and you can look it up anywhere you wish, that NO experiment or proof that the earth spins has ever been scientifically performed.

No scientific experiment that has been proven and I mean PROVEN by either the scientific or the layman community has ever proved that the earth is moving at all!!

To have the earth spin at 1000mph would mean the atmosphere would have to uniformly spin perfectly with the earth forever...other wise we would feel the 1000mph...however once again NO scientific proof has been shown and merited by any peer reviewed scientific body that is recognized since Galileo attempted.

Astronomers say the magical magnetism of gravity is what keeps all the oceans of the world stuck to the ball-Earth. They claim that because the Earth is so massive, by virtue of this mass it creates a magic force able to hold people, oceans and atmosphere tightly clung to the underside of the spinning ball. Unfortunately, however, they cannot provide any practical example of this on a scale smaller than the planetary. A spinning wet tennis ball, for instance, has the exact opposite effect of the supposed ball-Earth! Any water poured over it simply falls off the sides, and giving it a spin results in water flying off 360 degrees like a dog shaking after a bath. Astronomers concede the wet tennis ball example displays the opposite effect of their supposed ball-Earth, but claim that at some unknown mass, the magic adhesive properties of gravity suddenly kick in allowing the spinning wet tennis ball-Earth to keep every drop of “gravitized” water stuck to the surface. When such an unproven theory goes against all experiments, experience and common sense, it is high time to drop the theory

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Classic lol.

Well actually yes I called him a moron and his theory of gravity is the dumbest thing ever. HEre is a quote on his scientific opinion when asked how far the Sun was from the earth.

Issac Newton once said, “It matters not whether we reckon it 28 or 54 million miles distant for either would do just as well!” How scientific!?

As most of you on here are obviously dim and only spout what government schools have forced down your necks maybe you should look at using plane trigonometry and sextants and find a more accurate distance for the sun from the earth. And size too!!!

Could you please tell me where you get all of your scientific knowledge from...
I would love to know then i can look things up, or are these just your opinions??

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

lol.

So no experiment can show the rotation of the earth can it?.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or simply looking up at the stars.

scienceblogs.com...

Why we can not feel it explained here.

earthsky.org...

And you have the gall to call us dim?.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

When so little says so much.

The definition, in a picture, of succinct.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Why can't I see Polaris?

And how come, when someone jumps inside of the bullet train travelling at 300km/hr that they're not flung into the back of the carriage?

(post by projectbane removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

BUT I do know and you can look it up anywhere you wish, that NO experiment or proof that the earth spins has ever been scientifically performed.

Foucault's pendulum.

That write up about gravity demonstrates gravity. Water doesn't fall off the Earth and gravity is more pronounced at greater mass.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Care to actually link your sources?.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Being a Navy Captain, I am trained in the use of a sextant. I have also conducted many calculations using spherical trigonometry to conduct great-circle sailing so as to navigate between continents and have circumnavigated this planet many times in the past 20+ years - funnily enough, arriving where and when determined. Plane trig would have me being an astronaut as I would leave the surface of this sphere called earth in order to follow a straight line.

The use of a sextant requires only 3 things, a chronometer, a magnetic compass and an understanding of the rising and setting of heavenly bodies - including identification of those bodies. Using logarithms I can then triangulate my position to a latitude and longitude (whether planet or star).

In order for everything I have just mentioned to occur and be correct is the proven fact that the earth in a sphere.

Q: Based on your blimp flat non-moving earth hypothesis, where do the planets go when not in the observable sky? Why are the constellations on time-lapse photography moving? (Hint, they are not - the earth is).

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

lol.

So no experiment can show the rotation of the earth can it?.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or simply looking up at the stars.

scienceblogs.com...

Why we can not feel it explained here.

earthsky.org...

And you have the gall to call us dim?.

I dont think you read your articles that you used.

Why we can not feel the earth spinning at 1000mph.....the article you found and did not read states its because we are all spinning at a 1000mph with the earth.....sure we are!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I see some of the flat earth supporter comments got plenty stars...is this a twilight zone ?

It's stuff like this that gives bad rep to conspiracy theorists.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Why can't I see Polaris?

And how come, when someone jumps inside of the bullet train travelling at 300km/hr that they're not flung into the back of the carriage?

Have you been watching the Matrix or something???
If you jumped off a bridge into the bullet train, you would end up a red blob at the back of the carriage..
Great entertainment this thread

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Why we can not feel the earth spinning at 1000mph

if you ride by train and close the windows...do you feel that you're traveling at 100 mp/h ? is wind messing up your hair ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join