It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove the Earth is not flat.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well people it is because the earth is spinning at 1,000+ mph that it appears to be round.

It's not a perfect sphere now is it?

Spin a rectangle fast enough and it would appear round.

Da earth is roundish.

That doesn't work... We've witness the earth from a geostationary orbit, both from low earth orbit and from the moon.. We've also witnessed the other planets in a similar way.. the earth is very spherical ... like I said in a recent reply, but in the inverse, if you were to shrink the earth down to the size of a cue ball it would be smoother and more perfectly round than that.

Is it 100% perfect? no ...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Holograms can't have shadows cast on them. Do you even science bro.

The shadow could be a hologram
do you even imagine bro?

Notice the question mark? Do you even punctuate bro?

Sorry, that was in jest

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Any fairly strenuous hike up on a clear day that gives a view of the horizon is all it takes here.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

There! That sounds about right lol.
Lets just hope we dont propel ourselves towards the sun.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
Or to anything else for that matter. Quit fracking!! Start a campaign. Spread awareness!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Fixed it for you

Cant believe in all the spherical earthers on this site.

It's like the hologram theory didn't happen.

I know my plane never goes over antarctica when I go to Australia.
You'd fall off.

People on here science much?
edit on 29-9-2015 by NowWhat because: science brah

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

Terry Pratchett would agree with you...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

HArd to deny what you have been taught your whole life. Shoved down your throat.

Yet NOT one of YOU can actually prove it as NO ONE actually has....ever.

Oh and yes we spin at the equator at a 1000 mph traveling round the Sun at 65,000 mph and we all including the sun hurtle round the galaxy at 500,000 mph....HMMMMMMMM f***ing lies.

We are stationary.

Here is something even your simple mind can comprehend.

You get a blimp get in it and rise above your house 200 ft. Sit there for 50 hrs. When you look down after 50hrs your house should not be there because the earth is spinning at 1000mph so your house will of moved along with the land it is on.....HOWEVER do it and when you look down after 50 hrs guess what!!! YOUR HOUSE WILL STILL BE THERE

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane
Wouldn't that be because not only is the physical Earth moving, but also the atmosphere and anything in the atmosphere? I'm not very knowledgeable in this region of um..knowledge.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I recon those videos are cgi, you can tell because all the shadows are wrong and the colors are washed in.

Also could be a simple effect of mass perradolia when viewed on a computer
Me, I won't travel more than ten miles from my home town in case I drive off the edge

Look at the photos, the earth is flat, you can't question the evidence
You think everything is uniform, everyone knows the earth is unique to any other celestial body so that argument that everythingelse proves the eart is round is just silly
I understand special relativity, do you. It's a must learn
No eclipses don't prove anything, eclipses are evidence the sun goes behind the moon, assumption that everything is the same isn't evidence
Global believers say we can't see other land masses over the oceans, it's believed electro magnetic acceleration causes refraction that tricks the eye

Some people see what they are taught to see and accept it, others see another view and challenge the establishment. The flat earth theory can't be denied

Funny the op wants to stir up the flat eart hers with his evidence, his evidence

Go to the flat earthers site and read some opposing evidence and see who the real fools are

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here is a much easier way to prove the Earth is not flat..

1. Find a calendar
2. Open eyes and look at that calendar
3. See that the year is 2015.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 29-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The ultimate test would be to cross right above the middle of the Antarctic and see if you end up on the other side. Another good way would be to circle Antarctica and calculate how many km it takes.

I'm more into believing the Earth is a sphere but I do have my doubt as I never really researched with my own eyes, my own experience. I've been in commercial flights and the Earth seems super flat, not even a tiny ounce of curving even though from calculations, a slight bent should be at least noticeable.

The best proof of a spherical Earth is by looking at other planets, why would we be any different? As for the rest, pretty much every "proof" of the spherical model, is transposable to a flat earth model, objectively speaking.

Although, just the name PLANEt does make me curious to say the least.
edit on 29-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have no way to prove either theory. Do I believe the Earth is roundish, yes of course but I have to admit that some of these theories about a flat Earth to intrigue my mind. Too much though to where I have no way of scientifically explaining it or really comprehending it. I'm going off of what my basic common sense says however and concluding that the Earth is indeed round. In no way is it perfectly round though.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Those who think the Earth is flat are well.......special.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
NM
edit on 9/30/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
But the premise of the thread is to prove Earth is not flat.
There are so many ways, but pick a biggie you cannot argue with.
Gravity would be so much different, every where you went on it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
walk outside.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

And another little FACT.... not so much on flat earth theory but along the same lines...if you will,

So Isaac Newton (that moron) claimed that gravity pulled things towards the earth and that larger objects exerted gravitational pull on smaller objects.

So the moon is quite a lot smaller than the earth......CORRECT and we are led to believe that the gravitational force of the moon (smaller than the earth) can supersede earths gravitational pull and causes tides on our oceans. hahaha YET it can not effect the other bodies of water that are smaller like lakes and ponds and swimming pools out doors....dont see any f***ing tides on them bad boys.

So the gravitational pull that keep the water on the oceans on the earth is effected by the moon with a smaller gravitational pull. But not on lakes.......or big lakes.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

OK if you got in a plane and were flying to china....the earth spins east i think they say....then spinning at close to 1000mph the average plane flies at 500 mph would never get there.

So flying the opposite way then so that china is coming your way so to speak...what would happen if you go in a plane and let China come to you? IS that reasonable that would happen?

The plane could be stationary (if that was possible) and china would come to you. Why would we ever need to fly.

No the atmosphere has no baring so to speak on equality with the earth spinning. The atmosphere is not traveling like the land and oceans below. Plus our plane would be stationary in all this LIKE the blimp i mentioned. Atmosphere would not effect us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join