It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does This Ancient Personality Test Say About You?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What Does This Ancient Personality Test Say About You?

Across traditions both mystical and philosophical, we're told that any amount of existential clarity begins with a journey into the depths of the self. Since before the Ancient Greeks first probed their citizens to "know thyself," people have been on a perpetual quest to understand the human condition. Most wisdom traditions teach that self-knowledge begins with an investigation of ourselves in relationship to others. For example, the Ten Commandments, which are seen as paramount guidelines for Judeo-Christian believers, explore man's relationship to God and to other humans as a precursor for all else. The essential goal of this type of self-realization is a non-selfish one; the aim is universal transformation toward peace, enlightenment, even Nirvana.

The Enneagram, like all spiritual and psychological systems, has the potential to help us transform, grow, and improve our relationships with others. For example, if our boss is a six we may act more systematically, but if we see they're an eight -- we might be incentivized to find freedom within their dynamic structure. If we know our partner is a two, we'll try to help them ask more, rather than fall into a mode of constant giving. We can use this system to not only dig into who we are and learn how we can channel our unique qualities best, but also in order to work better with others. Once there is understanding of how levels of consciousness affect actions, there is room to reach toward balance.

1. The Moralist=They have an intuitive sense of right from wrong, are innately wholesome, and reach towards an embodiment of the sacred.
  2. The Helper=They are nurturing, tender, sweet, warm, and full of empathy.
  3. The Achiever=They are hyper efficient, confident, slick, radiant, and powerful.
  4. The Individualist=They want to be close to God; too, they want to be close to themselves.
  5. The Investigator=They can be hyper-aware and there can be a simultaneous sense of alienation and difference.
  6. The Loyalist=They can follow directions, and feel comfortable with hierarchical if not entirely bureaucratic logistical frameworks.
  7. The Enthusiast=They are joyful, a prime element of their character, flows freely and abundantly out of their core.
  8. The Challenger=They are indomitable beings, known for their fortitude, vivacity, and majesty.
  9. The Peace-Seeker=They have the essential qualities of wholeness, unity, and flow.

THE BODY CENTER
The first center, the body center, is what Das calls, the "grossest and most accessible" of the three centers. "For body-centered people," he says, "Sensation is the major characteristic of presence, as opposed to action."

THE HEART CENTER
Because the heart centered personalities are the most inherently sensitive and emotive of the nine types, they are constantly engaged in a struggle of seeing themselves clearly as they are versus seeing themselves vis-à-vis the rest of the world.

THE HEAD CENTER
While the thinking and feeling centered types struggled, in a certain sense, with coming to terms with the self vis-à-vis the external world, the head-centered types must come to terms with their own internal, and often imagined anxieties.

As I was putting this information together, I noticed some inconsistencies and sent this email to try and get clarification. When they respond I will post that too.

Perhaps someone could clear this up for me. There is an inconsistency in your presentation of the enneagram. In one instance you refer to the: enneagraminstitute.global.ssl.fastly.net...

The Nine Personality Types of the Enneagram

1. The Reformer. The principled, idealistic type. Ones are conscientious and ethical, with a strong sense of right and wrong. They are teachers, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake. Well-organized, orderly, and fastidious, they try to maintain high standards, but can slip into being critical and perfectionistic. They typically have problems with resentment and impatience. At their Best: wise, discerning, realistic, and noble. Can be morally heroic.

In another instance this is what is posted:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Moralist (1)

Gandhi was a one. Ones have an intuitive sense of right from wrong, are innately wholesome, and reach towards an embodiment of the sacred.......

Also, there is a conflict with the numbers here. The three body-centered Enneagram types are The Challenger (8), The Peace-Seeker (9), and The Moralist (10).

As you can see the moralist is listed as 10 not 1.

You can see where some of this might be confusing, right? Not sure who is responsible for the content on Huffington or where they got the information.

I think I fall into the 9 category which interestingly enough also happens to be my life number in numerology. Funny thing is though, I could be a combination of all. I seem to have many of the attributes or behavioral tendencies as listed here, but if I had to pick one it would mostly be "The Peace Maker", because that is the one I wish I could snap my fingers and have happen instantly, PEACE for ALL MANKIND!

This is another version of a similar test...
enneagraminstitute.global.ssl.fastly.net... ploads/2013/09/QuestTest1.pdf?ddfbe5

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Got equal in 5 and 9

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hard 1 here

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So, is there an actual test or do we just pick one?

If we just pick one, then how is it an assessment in any real sense? After all, how I might assess myself might be very different than how others might assess me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

enneagraminstitute.global.ssl.fastly.net...

Though to be honest all personality tests rely on the test takers giving a (honest) personal assessment of themselves.

Not like people are taking these tests and imagining giving answers for someone else.
edit on 29-9-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I got #9, but only by 1 point. All the others were flat across the board. I guess it's pretty accurate:

9. The Peacemaker. The easy-going, self-effacing type.
Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually
creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too
willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They
want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict,
but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying
problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They
typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At
their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to
bring people together and heal conflicts.

Where my other 9's at?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

Thanks. It didn't load the first few times from above.

I'm not sure I really agree with it's outcomes though. I guess 5 is close and describes some aspects of my personality, but it feels shallow.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I got #9, but only by 1 point. All the others were flat across the board. I guess it's pretty accurate:

9. The Peacemaker. The easy-going, self-effacing type.
Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually
creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too
willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They
want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict,
but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying
problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They
typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At
their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to
bring people together and heal conflicts.

Where my other 9's at?

scored 5 points in 5 and 9 everything else was 4 or lower

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My highest was 5.

5. The Investigator.
The perceptive, cerebral type.Fives
are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to
concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and
skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can
also become preoccupied with their thoughts and
imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-
strung and intense. They typically have problems with
eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation.
At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to
see the world in an entirely new way.

9 was a close second.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
scored 5 points in 5 and 9 everything else was 4 or lower

You had to score 6 in SOMETHING. if you "weigh" them 3 to 1, with 3 being the most like you, you're going to have two 3s that make 6.

Or did I do it wrong?
edit on 9/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No, that's seems about right.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Man I'm a lonely lonely 1, with all you 5's and 9's.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I got 6 in #3.
5 in # 8 and # 1...
seems kind of strange...maybe I did something wrong...
LOL in a hurry...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I guess 5 is close and describes some aspects of my personality, but it feels shallow.

LOL! I'm not surprised you and I scored closely. What came in second place? The ones that scored 5? Mine were 1 and 9. Just curious.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

enneagraminstitute.global.ssl.fastly.net...

Sorry I think the link at the bottom was broken, try this one!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Gave me an 8

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was 2 and 3 for ALL of them except for #9.

Really, none of those paragraphs pegged me.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So, is there an actual test or do we just pick one?

If we just pick one, then how is it an assessment in any real sense? After all, how I might assess myself might be very different than how others might assess me.

How you assess yourself is the only valid opinion, how others assess you will only be based on what you choose to show them, which is usually vastly different from the real you, which only you can evaluate.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

No surprises here for me. Heart Centered Helper.

Have been this way from early childhood.

Just born that way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join