It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more taxes to pay for the poor .How much it Really cost you .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The object of this post is to inform all those who complain how it cost them so much money for welfare taxes for the poor .
So lets start with the latest American census . there are apx www.census.gov... 321 million people in the US.
Out of which "2010 census 74.2 million are children 18 and younger "" www.aecf.org... . Also Retired 65 and older money.usnews.com...
40.3 million . A total of 114.5 None working people.
Now lets subtract the latest government census of ALL people ether on welfare of eligible for it
"""82,679,000 of the welfare-takers lived in households where people were on Medicaid, said the Census Bureau. 51,471,000 were in households on food stamps. 22,526,000 were in the Women, Infants and Children program. 20,355,000 were in household on Supplemental Security Income. 13,267,000 lived in public housing or got housing subsidies. 5,442,000 got Temporary Assistance to Needy Families. 4,517,000 received other forms of federal cash assistance."""http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/354-percent-109631000-welfare . now the 82 million number is including children and people over 65 .
So subtracting that say 1/3 children 1/3 over 65 out of the 1/3 left 90% are woman . but anyway that levees 27.3 million.
Our total of none working people comes to 141.8 million .
Now subtract that from the total population . leaves you with 179.2 million people working .keeping in mind none of these people are even eligible for welfare of any kind its safe assuming they all work full time . And to keep it simple lets assume they all get minim wage of 8 $ a hour .
Now total welfare payed out by the US per year is www.washingtonpost.com... read the whole article the section 4 is the true number spent per year . This post is about what people acutely RECEIVE not what the government wast . Heck really want to complain about what your taxes are spent on the wast is trillions a year . But on ward . 212 billion a year that's 1.7 billion a month . The other welfare spent number was 150 billion but im going with the higher 212 number.
179 million working. How much dose each person have to put in the pot per month, week, hour ?Well if each person put in 50 cents a day at 22 working days a month the total comes to just over 1.8 billion a month .
Yes you read that is right it cost you 50 CENTS a DAY to help feed and house someone. do the math your self the links are there.
That is a grand total cost TO YOU of 12 dollars a month and assuming your only making minim wage as i assume for all 179 million people t 1.2 hours of work a MONTH . 7.8 mints a day or less then 1 mint a hour .
The next time you complane how much it cost you be sure you tell the person your complaining to it cost you 50 cents a day.
ps to make math easier numbers have been rounded UP which means the cost is INFLATED which means it is costing you slightly less then stated . And most people get more then minim wage. And people on welfare STILL PAY taxes . I took them all out completely!
You want to complane www.nationalpriorities.org... 598 billion a year in military . More then twice as much as welfare and it feeds NO one . 37 billion on ONE battle ship and it dosent even work ! lol
www.popsci.com...
Guess you would rather pay taxes to have someone killed then to help someone live .
Using all the same numbers its costing you 1.2$ a day to kill people around the worlds twice as much as to help them

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnightstar1365

Thanks for sharing this information OP.

Would you be able to space out some of the text and make paragraphs? It would be a lot easier to read. Thank you in advance!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
tahts what the site did when i clicked done i had all that .

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

oooh you've done it now! those trolls are gonna be all over this trying to defend the fraud.

Good post op

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The numbers for defense and welfare are not properly factored to measure both against eachother.

In short all that for a fraudulent point.

You only lay out actual benefits to recipients for the welfare number, ignoring completely the gov cost to distribute.

While taking the entire defensive budget fully intact, instead if only naming the salaries of military personnel, that would have been more fare.

But defense includes a lot for R and D, and welfare just wasted it on bs.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have no problem contributing money to those in need.

I don't like contributing any amount of money to those that can work but refuse.

How many people fraud the system? That I don't know.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Regardless of what anyone says, I'd rather feed another hungry child than blow one up in a country I've never been.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
I have no problem contributing money to those in need.

I don't like contributing any amount of money to those that can work but refuse.

How many people fraud the system? That I don't know.

If you look at it in relative terms, very few!
Most people do want a decent standard of living and that cannot be got from benefits.
Havent you noticed how just about everything is being blamed on the unemployed!!!
Governments all over the world have created a massive pool of labour by flooding countries with foreigners, anytime a company needs employees they can choose from the vast pool, however, neither the companies nor the governments want to pay for the privilege of having that vast pool of labour available to them, so they use the media to demonise those who dont have a job, you know, those people that make up that vast pool.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You're taking one small piece of overall welfare.
cnsnews.com...

The top 40 percent of households by before-tax income actually paid 106.2 percent of the nation’s net income taxes in 2010, according to a new study by the Congressional Budget Office.

At the same time, households in the bottom 40 percent took in an average of $18,950 in what the CBO called “government transfers” in 2010.

If you're in the top quintile, you shouldered 84% of all taxes taken in. Those in the bottom 2 quintiles TOOK $18,950/per tax payer...

Using your figure of 179 million working Americans, 40% of that is 71.6 Million multiplied by $18,950 = $1.3568 TRILLION per year... The top 40% fund this amount, at a cost which varies depending on their income, but could be said to average the same $18,950 per year. A far, far cry from your $12/month claim.

Brother, can you spare a dime?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Regardless of what anyone says, I'd rather feed another hungry child than blow one up in a country I've never been.

I never want to see a child have to go without. All the pictures and videos bring me pain to see any child in an unsafe situation. Having to look into the eyes of our children at home hurts a lot more.

Do a video search of the Pine Ridge Reservation. Check out the videos of the Navajo Reservations. It is truly heart wrenching.

I believe that we have the ability to love, feed, and care for every child on the planet. Love, peace, caring and working together just is not part of the plan.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To me the issue is rather simple. Be fair regardless of the income . If I earn 50 $ a month I (theoretically) pay 10% income tax, if I earn 500 $ a month, I pay 10% income tax, if I earn 50000 $ a month I pay 10% income tax ... I don't care what life problems/benefits I had, that lead me to this point in my financial situation, I pay the same as everybody else. That's the definition of fair. Or would fair be consider only when one group is favored above another ? This is by default the literal definition of unfair

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If it is only American poor we might be able to handle it. This would require booting out all the illegals and 'refugees'.
With that dead weight gone we may just see that promise fulfilled.

There is poor and there is dead lazy and social services should note which is which and correct the handouts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thill

I like the cut of your jib, friend. Not screwing one swath of people come tax day should never be considered "favoring that group over the others." That's a ridiculous concept that seems to have stemmed from politicians trying to woo votes by maintaining a kept voter platoon that they know ill never vote against their free Meal Ticket.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
LOL $12 a month.

The American republic has endured for well over two centuries, but over the past 50 years, the apparatus of American governance has undergone a radical transformation. In some basic respects—its scale, its preoccupations, even many of its purposes—the U.S. government today would be scarcely recognizable to Franklin D. Roosevelt, much less to Abraham Lincoln or Thomas Jefferson.

In 2010 alone, government at all levels oversaw a transfer of over $2.2 trillion in money, goods and services. The burden of these entitlements came to slightly more than $7,200 for every person in America. Scaled against a notional family of four, the average entitlements burden for that year alone approached $29,000.

www.wsj.com...

Over two thirds of current federal spending goes to the welfare industrial complex.

The remaining third goes to the military industrial complex.

With the difference being made up by printing more money, and treasuries, and borrowing from China, and Japan.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well yeah....the WSJ article compared 1960 to now.....in 1960, tax rates on the wealthiest were very high, and there was much more union membership that paid good wages...my father was able to support the whole family in 1963 on 1 paycheck of 800 dollars a month. most of the corporations provided on the job training, raises commensurate with productivity. there were retirement packages where people didn't have to rely on food stamps, federal and state medical benefits, and federal housing allowances when they got old.
edit on 29-9-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The 60s were definitely a different time.

Hell, the poor in most places didn't even know they were poor. At least us country folk didn't. It was about hard work, saving, and looking out for your neighbors.

I believe I didn't start seeing the handwriting on the wall until around the mid to late 80s. It has been a full down hill slide after that, with me burning out the brakes the whole way.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
well yeah....the WSJ article compared 1960 to now.....in 1960, tax rates on the wealthiest were very high, and there was much more union membership that paid good wages...my father was able to support the whole family in 1963 on 1 paycheck of 800 dollars a month. most of the corporations provided on the job training, raises commensurate with productivity. there were retirement packages where people didn't have to rely on food stamps, federal and state medical benefits, and federal housing allowances when they got old.

And can not even be comparable to today.

The value of the dollar was more.

There was an actually industrial base in this country.

During the 60s the rest of the world was living in real poverty. Second, and Third world classifications.

There were less people using government programs than today.

The 1960s is when it ALL began to change with Johnsons creation of medicare, and medicaid.

A TOTALLY DIFFERENT time period.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: jimmyx

The 60s were definitely a different time.

Hell, the poor in most places didn't even know they were poor. At least us country folk didn't. It was about hard work, saving, and looking out for your neighbors.

I believe I didn't start seeing the handwriting on the wall until around the mid to late 80s. It has been a full down hill slide after that, with me burning out the brakes the whole way.

That's because in the 80's we had an idiot for president who thought it was a great idea to give all his wealthy buddies a tax break and start trickle down economics. And we are still paying for that morons voodoo economics.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnightstar165

Thanks for sharing OP. You might have included the amont of money paid to corporate welfare but I guess thats not possible because the media make sure no one knows about corporate welfare or how much it cost wage and salarly earners who pay most of the nations tax these days.

I reckon govt should be made publish just how much the average wage and salarly earners pay in taxes and taxes by other names as a percentage of average weekly earnings.

The rich are quick to say the working people have no initive etc but they also know that when you pay 70-80% of your income in tax and taxes by other names, they know dammn well you aint ever going to get ahead.

new topics

top topics

join