It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cecile Richards admits that 86% of Planned Parenthood’s (non-government revenue) is from abortions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ya and one serves the entire county, like the one here in San Diego with a pop of 3 million.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

well, you are lying about your tax dollars being spent on abortion or harvesting parts. the Hyde amendment of 1976 must be off limits for you to read, or too difficult for you to understand.......here's what happened to a catholic nun that was trying to show compassion to a fellow woman......www.npr.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Cool, didn't address jack just went for an appeal to emotion.
No one is butchering babies, relax with the hyperbole, doesn't make it a fact if you exaggerate.

How does defunding PP stop abortions?

Answer that question please.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Our tax dollars do not fund the "harvesting of baby parts." Where do you people come up with this stuff?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Cool, didn't address jack just went for an appeal to emotion.
No one is butchering babies, relax with the hyperbole, doesn't make it a fact if you exaggerate.

How does defunding PP stop abortions?

Answer that question please.

I did address it, cant help it if you dont like the answer.........no one is delusional enough to think that Abortions will stop, but shutting down the Butcher Shop that is PP should be done......

And its not an emotional response, its exactly what PP has turned in to
edit on 9/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Does that mean we just get to twist facts?

You really think abortions are just going to go away if PP gets defunded?

You think those other clinics won't just start doing them as well and do the same fetal research?

What is the benefit of getting rid of PP?

You have brought-up the most important aspect of this issue. The GOP cannot ban abortion outright because it has been upheld by the Supreme Court. Federal money cannot be used to pay for an abortion, so they have no argument there.

That being the case, the only thing they can do is demonize PP itself and try to de-fund/shut them down. Since abortion is legal and there is a demand for that service, other organizations will take PP's place.

So with that reality being recognized, there is absolutely no reason for the Christian Right to continue down this path unless their goal is specifically directed at PP for mere political purposes.

This isn't about abortion. The GOP leaders don't care about abortion. They are playing the political game because the brainwashed minions that support them are very vocal on this issue and more likely to vote for someone that is anti-PP.

The Christian Right is being played by their Republican leadership.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Khaleesi
No, I do not mean a low cost clinic. Here is a link:

www.healthguideusa.org...

with a listing of every health department in the US. They provide services based on income. Many services are free for low income people.

I was curious why I had never heard of one of these before, then I went to the link. Only 46 counties in Ohio have them, considering there's 88 counties that explains things. Then I checked Nevada, only 4 of 13 counties have access. Then I looked at New York and 42 out of 62 counties had access. In Mississippi only 2 out of 82 counties were listed.

These health clinics don't sound very accessible.

Check out the map posted above by another member here. Health Department is only one option. There are numerous low cost clinics that outnumber PP by a wide margin. They accept health insurance, medicare and Medicaid. The number of PP clinics is a drop in the ocean compared to the other low cost/free clinics out there.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Correct. It is just about politics. If there are over 1 million abortions performed every year, then PP handles about one third of them. Some one else is performing the other two thirds. Why are the politicians not going after them? I'm sure many of them are also facilitating the donation of fetal tissue.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

well, you are lying about your tax dollars being spent on abortion or harvesting parts. the Hyde amendment of 1976 must be off limits for you to read, or too difficult for you to understand.......here's what happened to a catholic nun that was trying to show compassion to a fellow woman......www.npr.org...

Our tax dollars are funding an unnecessary health clinic option that IS harvesting baby parts, that is not a lie! There are lots of alternatives that are not butchering babies and selling their parts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Oh, calling it a butcher shop is not an emotional response?

No one is butchering babies

Period, those videos don't show that, unless you just stick your head in the ground.
Fetal research will continue even if you shut them down, SO AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU PREVENTING?
That is not a yell, that is an emphasis.

All you are doing is causing MORE unplanned pregnancies.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

How would we feel in PP was shut down and these other clinics pick-up the slack? Will we then move to de-fund/shut down those clinics as well?

When do we stop? What will satisfy those that dislike PP?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Except those places will continue the same practice that PP is doing

That is the part that confuses me, you guys don't get that PP is just a specialized version of those clinics so that people can go to them for things when it comes to sexual reproduction and woman's health.

Get your head out of the emotion of the BS videos.
edit on thTue, 29 Sep 2015 16:57:03 -0500America/Chicago920150380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

No, I do not mean a low cost clinic. Here is a link:

www.healthguideusa.org...

with a listing of every health department in the US. They provide services based on income. Many services are free for low income people.

I was curious why I had never heard of one of these before, then I went to the link. Only 46 counties in Ohio have them, considering there's 88 counties that explains things. Then I checked Nevada, only 4 of 13 counties have access. Then I looked at New York and 42 out of 62 counties had access. In Mississippi only 2 out of 82 counties were listed.

These health clinics don't sound very accessible.

Check out the map posted above by another member here. Health Department is only one option. There are numerous low cost clinics that outnumber PP by a wide margin. They accept health insurance, medicare and Medicaid. The number of PP clinics is a drop in the ocean compared to the other low cost/free clinics out there.

Those low cost clinics tend to be very small, and can only handle a small patient load. Considering the hundreds of thousands of individual services PP provides every year, I'd say they are very much needed. If they weren't, they'd be empty with a lot of bored medical staff sitting around.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If there are over 1 million abortions performed every year,

Then that means 1 million people who will never see the light of day, take a breath of air, or see what this world has to offer, and are victims of blood thristy,vicious political cutthroats.

Hell all Hitler had to was create abortion instead of gas chambers, and concentration camps.

Same effect.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
Our tax dollars are funding an unnecessary health clinic option that IS harvesting baby parts, that is not a lie! There are lots of alternatives that are not butchering babies and selling their parts.

Incorrect, they are selling the parts. Just about everyone who does abortions in the US does. It's where a lot of tissue for medical research comes from, and frankly is outright wasteful if we weren't doing so.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

How would we feel in PP was shut down and these other clinics pick-up the slack? Will we then move to de-fund/shut down those clinics as well?

I have already said I can not give an informed opinion on PP funding because I do not have a working knowledge of their services. What more do you want from me?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why do you care, Neo? That's a serious question.

You don't seem to care that people live in poverty, go hungry, lack proper medical care and many other things. As long as you don't have to pay for it or hear about it, you don't care.

So why do you suddenly care about people when it comes to the choice a woman makes with her constitutionally-protected right?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It means 1 million unwanted children who won't be neglected, abused, starved, beaten, or stuck in the foster care system. There are many, many, many more fertilized eggs that never make it to the zygote stage. All potential people who didn't make it.

Gas chambers killed people who were born and knew what it was to be alive. You cannot compare the two.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I have already said I can not give an informed opinion on PP funding because I do not have a working knowledge of their services. What more do you want from me?

Fair enough. Thanks for the honesty.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: kaylaluv

If there are over 1 million abortions performed every year,

Then that means 1 million people who will never see the light of day, take a breath of air, or see what this world has to offer, and are victims of blood thristy,vicious political cutthroats.

Hell all Hitler had to was create abortion instead of gas chambers, and concentration camps.

Same effect.

you do know that "god" himself preforms spontaneous abortions all the time, right? my wife had one, and I have a 32 year old female cousin that has had 2 in the first year of marriage, they are now divorced......so what about that light of day, breathe of air, etc....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join