It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Joins Twitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If Snowden is a bfl, then he's a plant. There's always a plant and there's always a fall man, thus giving the appearance that it's all real. The plant is given his mission, the fall guy is oblivious.

This is a recent article i came across purely by accident, does anyone actually believe this stuff?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Edward Snowden: Aliens Are Trying To Contact Planet Earth

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
If Snowden is a bfl, then he's a plant. There's always a plant and there's always a fall man, thus giving the appearance that it's all real. The plant is given his mission, the fall guy is oblivious.

This is a recent article i came across purely by accident, does anyone actually believe this stuff?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Bingo! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Snowden Never said or leaked anything about Aliens being real. The question was hypothetical in regards how an alien civilizations could be communicating but we might not be able to pick it up.

That was a horrible designed click bait article or trying to discredit Snowden. However Even in the article if you make it passed the ridiculous title they quote him as saying

"if there are indeed aliens out there), all of their communications are encrypted by default."
edit on 25930America/ChicagoWed, 30 Sep 2015 00:25:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26930America/ChicagoWed, 30 Sep 2015 00:26:23 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes thus the 'does anyone actually believe this stuff?' quote.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

That portion of it, I had no real issues with...mostly.

Releasing information concerning diplomatic and foreign intelligence? That he should not have done, as has been said, he crossed a line. How many intelligence assets died because of it?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Snowden Never said or leaked anything about Aliens being real. The question was hypothetical in regards how an alien civilizations could be communicating but we might not be able to pick it up.

That was a horrible designed click bait article or trying to discredit Snowden. However Even in the article if you make it passed the ridiculous title they quote him as saying

"if there are indeed aliens out there), all of their communications are encrypted by default."

And that is a fact, and the reason that people just pick a title up like that without looking under the covers, thus spawning off a completely false version.

Journalists that misconstrue content and title it with the bias of their own agenda are a huge problem in media.
Question everything.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Luckily I don't use Twitter.

Note Russia have censored Twitter to silence internal voices, so this is just politics. Snowdon does not work for himself, he's supported and kept close by Russia - a nation that is highly corrupt and politically and socially repressive.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Luckily I don't use Twitter.

Yeah me neither but you don't have to have an account to see the posts.

Note Russia have censored Twitter to silence internal voices, so this is just politics. Snowdon does not work for himself, he's supported and kept close by Russia - a nation that is highly corrupt and politically and socially repressive.

Have they blocked twitter?

Russia’s media watchdog has written to Google, Twitter and Facebook warning them against violating Russian internet laws and a spokesman said they risked being blockedif they did not comply.
www.theguardian.com...

Snowdon does not work for himself, he's supported and kept close by Russia - a nation that is highly corrupt and politically and socially repressive.

Thats the part that I find interesting. I think we are heading into uncharted territory where officially declared traitor/enemy of the state has the capability to bi-directly talk to the masses via a MSM social media account?

We have a unique opportunity to sit back and watch two intelligence agencies bicker back and forth and fight for likes or retweats , lol .

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yes thus the 'does anyone actually believe this stuff?' quote.

Unfortunately the majority do .

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Journalists that misconstrue content and title it with the bias of their own agenda are a huge problem in media.

Without a doubt they hold a large portion of the blame on what is wrong with the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
I thought his initial 'revelations' were astonishing and making public the internet spying situation was very important to us that use the Internet for research and email, the fact that there are "triggers" and keyword monitoring helped keep a lot of people from getting caught doing something they regret later, makes us think twice before posting something controversial or confidential 'electronically' it can and does get monitored
his thoughts about "aliens" were also interesting but I doubt he'll tweet about them

if you can't handle what you say, being put up on a highway billboard, don't express it anywhere online.....to this day, I find it astonishing people still do this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: charlyv

Without a doubt they hold a large portion of the blame on what is wrong with the world.

then, they are not true journalists, they are commentators, news readers, or opinion makers.....however, in todays media, the latter has a higher truth factor, that the former......
when a majority of the populace is too busy trying to take care of it's own need's (hold on to a job, pay the rent, food, etc.) they do not care about the minutiae of politics, propaganda, influence, etc.....is this a deliberate way of silencing opposition?....it has worked well in the past, would be my answer.... the wealthy, regardless of country or affiliation, has the time, the resources, and the desire to not only keep and grow their own wealth, but to stymie any of those that would try and change that dynamic....this is not profound, it has been written about and documented, many times in the past.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

"if you cant say anything nice about someone don't say anything at all" that is also true in the workplace, in emails. when people are at work they are being paid by employer to 'work' that does not include backstabbing others, saying hateful things in email, discussing 'company" business outside the office etc. I learned that 20 years ago, maybe younger generation still hasnt gotten the "unwanted advice" yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

if you can't handle what you say, being put up on a highway billboard, don't express it anywhere online.....to this day, I find it astonishing people still do this.

Because it gives you the freedom to think and speak out loud with out having to suffer the consequences or being labelled as ___ .

Nothing wrong with trying to question things or maybe taking a different angle on a point of view to see both sides of the coin. Unfortunately in the Politically Correct world we live on today that is not acceptable and can ruin your career or falsely label you as ___ . Hence many have to have a personal identity and a professional identity, right or wrong that is the reality.

Also hiding behind virtual anonymity lets you see what others think of your opinion without any pre bias on who you are. Many make up there stance before you even state the argument based on who you are or what you do for living.

To me what is more important is the statements, comments, and opinions rather than the person behind it.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

then, they are not true journalists, they are commentators,

In today’s society that is where the majority get their so called news.

Sadly comedians have taken a larger role in providing truthful reporting than these commentators who question nothing and go with the agendas given them.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
a reply to: seagull

Hell no. He put people in danger, and he should answer for it. 

Hell no! The NSA put us in danger by allowing its analysts unrestricted access to practically tne entire globes digital communications.

Well said. The NSA, Hillary, for example, but hey no one wants to hold them accountable. But Snowden, he surely should be droned.

After all people now have to accept that they are in their grid, must be hard with FB addicts and all for those who didn't know about past indications. Many probably still won't care("Why should I care I'm not doing anything wrong?") but believe there was an article or two on people being more careful with online activity since the revealing.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

He didn't claim that, seems more like it was MSM articles to add dis info to his overall info releasing campaign.
Thread on it here for more: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Wasn't there a recent ATS thread about that? Last week maybe?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah
Two words..

MATRIX OPERATION!

Would be dead now if were an actual NSA whistleblower.

I tend to agree with this. I've always had my doubts about the story on this guy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join