It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Joins Twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Edward Snowden has just joined Twitter.

@Snowden’s first tweet? “Can you hear me now?”

That tweet might be a jab at the only account @Snowden is following: @NSAGov, the official account for the National Security Agency, his former employer and the organization from which Snowden leaked classified documents in 2013.

thest

Edward Snowden Joins Twitter

This should get interesting seeing how the gov't handles this bidirectional communication by a so called traitor and the masses?

Interesting tweet from Neil deGrasse Tyson

Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏@neiltyson 27m27 minutes ago Ed @Snowden, after discussing everything from Chemistry to the Constitution on #StarTalk, you're a patriot to me. Stay safe.

edit on 57930America/ChicagoTue, 29 Sep 2015 12:57:46 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
He is a patriot. If anyone should be in jail, it should be Hillary.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
He had over 150k followers in 30 minutes.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Two words..

MATRIX OPERATION!

Would be dead now if were an actual NSA whistleblower.

Remember Alex Jones!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

I would agree with you once. Once I would even have sheltered him from the authorities.

The information on domestic spying needed outing as what our governments had done was appalling!

That is until he started releasing data that had nothing to do with domestic spying and civil liberties. In that regard he crossed the line.

He is a criminal for me in the UK for releasing Data on UK Argie/ Falkland spying as MI5, MII6 and GCHQ were doing exactly what they were bloody meant to do!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed.

He is a criminal. Technically, he was from the get-go, but I could allow for some benefit of the doubt, so far as domestic spying was concerned...but the rest of it, no.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
his past interviews have been very explosive (nsa spying etc), I wonder what he wants to tweet about, something new or more of the same

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was one of snowdens greatest supporters on here.

But I was just out right appalled when he started spilling details on international spying and diplomatic spying ect

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I wasn't, truth to tell, but I also didn't like the revelations. So benefit of the doubt was given. But the rest of it? Hell no. He put people in danger, and he should answer for it.

I'm generally not a big fan of whistleblowers, because all too often they've big ol' axes to grind, and aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I am sure he got a nice fat payday to start that account.....it was advertised to all of Twitter today when he signed up.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42
Starting to think Snowden is a shill or he was killed long ago and a fake is using his persona to further an ulterior motive.

He's seems like controlled opposition right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: amicktd

I would agree with you once. Once I would even have sheltered him from the authorities.

The information on domestic spying needed outing as what our governments had done was appalling!

That is until he started releasing data that had nothing to do with domestic spying and civil liberties. In that regard he crossed the line.

He is a criminal for me in the UK for releasing Data on UK Argie/ Falkland spying as MI5, MII6 and GCHQ were doing exactly what they were bloody meant to do!

How do you know it was snowden who leaked that stuff? Those agencies have the power to to make it look like it was snowden, and that is the way they operate, by destroying credibility!

All this stuff that destroys snowdens credibility is exactly what we should expect to be seeing if snowden is genuine, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Because it was all released through that guardian reporter.

Im not going to desperately make excuses for him.

He crossed the line.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: VoidHawk

Because it was all released through that guardian reporter.

Im not going to desperately make excuses for him.

He crossed the line.

Well, they'd hardly do the dirty work themselves, that would be too obvious!
The Guardian have already shown that when push comes to shove, they tow the line.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Snowden, but I won't condemn him on these grounds because like I said, if he were genuine then this is exactly what we should expect to see.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I thought his initial 'revelations' were astonishing and making public the internet spying situation was very important to us that use the Internet for research and email, the fact that there are "triggers" and keyword monitoring helped keep a lot of people from getting caught doing something they regret later, makes us think twice before posting something controversial or confidential 'electronically' it can and does get monitored
his thoughts about "aliens" were also interesting but I doubt he'll tweet about them

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: interupt42
Starting to think Snowden is a shill or he was killed long ago and a fake is using his persona to further an ulterior motive.

He's seems like controlled opposition right now.

I'm on the fence with him.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I always suspected that he would be dead just as soon as they knew where to find him since really they can swoop in with a stealthed ship and just spray some heart attack gas and its game over. Strange that did not happen which indicates to me either the US is not trying to kill/capture him but something else is afoot.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This guy is an American hero. I hope he has more to tell us.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hell no. He put people in danger, and he should answer for it. 

Hell no! The NSA put us in danger by allowing its analysts unrestricted access to practically tne entire globes digital communications.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah
Two words..

MATRIX OPERATION!

Here is transcript of the most interesting part of this video:

2:07automatically to jump into the rabbit hole for a second I'll give you an
12:11example
12:12on what this leaker explain and what happened during his experience with
12:16Project Camelot
12:17they're sitting around campfire he's trying to talk about this extremely
12:21classified technology
12:23and the all-star instantly falling asleep he starts going on
12:26into a certain topic and everyone just starts falling asleep
12:30and then can't remember what they were talking about
12:33when they come to you this happened a few different times um
12:37the individual [B]Jake Simpson[/B] = SEE: ATS /forum/thread427300/
12:29said this was being done by the artificial
12:41intelligence system to thwart
12:43his ability to (no being) to be able to share
12:46further detail so intentionally had to change subjects Araceli
12:50and for him to get the message across he had to you actually out
12:54think the AI that was trying to impede his ability to deliver the message

Two Words:

Radio Waves

How The National Security Agency (NSA) Illegally And Unconstitutionally Harasses Law-Abiding Americans Everyday. How, you ask? Quite simply, actually. It's done by EMF or ELF Radio Waves, and a technology known as "Remote Neural Monitoring". Haven't you ever wondered about that ringing in your left ear? Well, here are the reason(s). And just why should the NSA do this, you ask? To silence any who who dare to speak out against them or any other agency, or the Government or simply to think for themselves, and "outside the box", if you will. www.thewatcherfiles.com...

So the tin hat guys had it right all along?
Please, tell me, "IT'S NOT TRUE"

edit on 29-9-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join