It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Obamacare Healthcare Co-op to Close

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

While I do find watching the mentally disturbed interesting I don't care for being ruled by one.

Maybe he's the type of parent that thinks his kids can do no wrong and not fail.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Right...and then they'll blame the co-op for somehow being greedy or mismanaging itself, shifting the blame to the health-insurance industry instead of where it lies: The overreach of the federal government by trying to take control of our health insurance.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It looks like Obamacare qualifies for one of it's own 'Death Panel' reviews.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Cloward and Piven.....

Overwhelm the system.......

Is anyone actually surprised that this is going exactly to plan?

I'm not surprised. The government could simply have levied a tax on private healthcare premiums and used that to subsidize healthcare insurance for the uninsured.

But that would have probably involved a 30% tax given that private hospitals, doctors and pharmaceutical companies can charge what they like.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
Give it a month or more and I'm pretty sure Obama will regret having his named tied to this thing, that is if he already dose not.

Obama didn't call it Obamacare for years, he called it the ACA and he has still only referred to it as Obamacare a couple of times. It's not tied to him in name because he wanted to do so but rather because the Republicans wanted to build a brand and tie failure to him, which they have tried to bring about. All of which is irrelevant at this point since there are no more elections before he's out of office.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Right...and then they'll blame the co-op for somehow being greedy or mismanaging itself, shifting the blame to the health-insurance industry instead of where it lies: The overreach of the federal government by trying to take control of our health insurance.

Pretty much all co-op's are going to fail, when we've had them in the past they all underwent a series of mergers in order to stay alive. These small regional co-op's simply don't have a broad enough risk pool to function.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It looks like Obamacare qualifies for one of it's own 'Death Panel' reviews.
best response ever!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Say what you want about Obamacare but if Mitt Romney were elected we would have gotten the same thing. Mitt was the architect of this insurance scam. He started it in Massachusetts back in 2001. It didn't matter who we voted for we would have gotten the same outcome.
edit on 29-9-2015 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Did Romney's Mass plan have co-ops that were government funded and went broke?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Say what you want about Obamacare but if Mitt Romney were elected we would have gotten the same thing. Mitt was the architect of this insurance scam. He started it in Massachusetts back in 2001. It didn't matter who we voted for we would have gotten the same outcome.

Really saying the LEFT is too dumb to come up with their own stuff.

They just steal the 'rights' ?

Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: wantsome

Did Romney's Mass plan have co-ops that were government funded and went broke?

As far as I can tell, no they weren't legal. Which isn't too much of a surprise really, the whole co-op thing was added as a concession to Republicans who simply asked for the option of not going through the state for insurance, and create their own custom plans as a group. It was a reasonable enough request and became part of the law (they've been most popular with religious groups who for example don't want money going to cover abortions). The demand for them ultimately hasn't been high enough to sustain them though. I imagine a lot more are going to close down before all is said and done.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Apparently any "concessions to Republicans" were moot.

None of them voted for the PPACA.

I think it may have been concessions to the militant Democrats and Independents.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Numerous concessions were added to the ACA based on things the Republicans asked for. In the end it didn't make the bill bipartisan but it wasn't for a lack of trying, Obama simply wasn't much of a politician that first year in office (something to keep in mind when clamoring for electing another non career politician). Regardless it doesn't matter why they were added because they're there now.

As I said though, for the most part there simply isn't demand for them. A whole bunch of them initially popped up because the feds funded the initial pool of money they would need to operate but without that critical mass that insurance needs in order to survive the result was inevitable. I do however hope that if nothing else the faith based ones manage to stay open, it's a good thing if people have medical treatment options that conform to their religious practices.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This program is so easy to scam too. All those people out there, working under the table for green back and not reporting it can very easily take advantage of the way this program is set up. No, I am not one of those people. Im a IT contractor and have to pay out the A$$ for my wife and I to have less insurance than i did back when things were.."normal". I am not getting a surgery that I need to have because of the way this new insurance/Obama crap insurance is setup. Its bullshi! I pay around $7000 a year out of pocket for my own insurance and if I want to have my hurniea repaired, I have to pay thousands out of pocket for it!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Obama simply wasn't much of a politician that first year in office

Yet that community organizing and rubbing nose's with Saul Alinsky sure did
come in handy in spite of his ignorance of how Washington worked, eh?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just think! Not being able to buy healthcare insurance will make most of us law breakers. After two or three years of not being able to pay the IRS fines, we become felons. After we become felons, we can't own guns, vote, hold political office and so on...

What a plan!!!! Stalin would be proud!...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't fiddle over this grave too quickly... This is all part of the plan and the fulcrum to leverage single payer...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mirthful Me
I wouldn't fiddle over this grave too quickly... This is all part of the plan and the fulcrum to leverage single payer...

I would agree with this, spot on.

The transition had to be from a private plan, to a subsidized plan to keep the
insurance companies from belly up. This was arranged, and why they all went
along accordingly.

Sad day it was, we are too far along the way.

I miss that healthcare plan I had, that I could have kept if I had liked it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join