It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis - The Very Model of a Modern Fundamentalist - in Song!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is pretty cute. I don't agree with mocking her because of her past, because that was all done before she became religious, but it's a lighthearted look at the hypocritical position of many who pick and choose ideals from their religion and then use them to discriminate and hate on people different from them.

I’m not merely judgmental, I’m the absolute judgmentalest!
I always follow scripture and I act on God’s authority,
Though marital fidelity was never my priority.

I married first one husband, then two others, then another one.
Because I think one man is pretty much like any other one.
I’ve never been too troubled by the dubious legalities.
Of sex outside of marriage or of other trivialities.

But when it comes to icky stuff like homosexuality,
I’m always very strident with my Puritan morality.
In short in matters biblical and spiritual and Calvinist,
I am the very model of a modern fundamentalist.

Source

edit on 9/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'll enjoy every bit of humor they can ring out of this small minded, 2 faced double standard "Christian". I have no sympathy for bigots who hide behind their religion and use it to spread their message of intolerance and hate. All while claiming to be "holier than thou" when her past has proven quite the opposite.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't agree with mocking her because of her past, because that was all done before she became religious

Being or becoming religious doesn't give you a fee pass when it comes to previous transgressions.

She deserves to be mocked just like anyone else.....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Being or becoming religious doesn't give you a fee pass when it comes to previous transgressions.

No, she doesn't get a free pass. I wasn't too clear on my point there. I understand people mocking her, but I don't agree with the specific charge that she's hypocritical because she's been married, divorced and had affairs, when those are all against her religion. She wasn't religious when she did those things. I hope that's clearer.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Prezbo369

No, she doesn't get a free pass. I wasn't too clear on my point there. I understand people mocking her, but I don't agree with the specific charge that she's hypocritical because she's been married, divorced and had affairs, when those are all against her religion. She wasn't religious when she did those things. I hope that's clearer.

But shes still guilty of those things regardless of her becoming religious or not....and for her to suddenly become righteous and holier-than-thou enough to judge others and impose her morality on others is incredibly hypocritical. She deserves nothing but mockery for that.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Turns out shes also a massive liar....

Vatican: Pope's only 'audience' was with gay former student – not Kim Davis

Shock horror!

top topics

join