It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failure to Retain God in our Knowledge has led to to Societal Degrade

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You are right. Religion is nothing more than a base form of mind control for the masses.

And FOXNews is the media version of the same nefarious disinfo.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Please divulge unto us all your unbiased news sources so that I can FINALLY free myself of the spin.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Go ahead prove us wrong, You said anyone could by dead babies, now prove it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: deadeyedick
LOl
manipulated videos do not take any thing away from the point of the videos.

Any of us could go out today and buy aborted babies if we had the money.

They system is indeed decaying.

Really from when you could just kill natives and take their land, women couldn't vote, children had to work in coal mines and factories, slaves, blacks were lynched, witches burned,

Let's get some perspective here.

I say remove all the moderns and bring back the natives.

I say its a hypocritical statement that morals are gone when there were far worse periods of time when religion had more power in people's lives.

I also readily admit atheism had no better luck.

Maybe some men and woman will always be monsters. Regardless of what they believe.
edit on 29-9-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Just check them all before watching FOX, and then if you must watch FOX be aware that FOX is manipulating you. They are poison and everyone knows it who hasn't been poisoned by them.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
What do you mean when you say God? Does he have an image? Some people think God is a guy in the sky with a long beard who can read every thought thought people have. Is this the image of God you have? Or do people not have this image any more?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What do you mean when you say God? Does he have an image? Some people think God is a guy in the sky with a long beard who can read every thought thought people have. Is this the image of God you have? Or do people not have this image any more?

Well abrahamics do at least but pantheism, deism, animism and alike have existed for a long time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well abrahamics do at least but pantheism, deism, animism and alike have existed for a long time.

Abrahemics do not have that by default, it's an artistic portrayal from centuries ago to depict someone long lived (not sure if that would actually mean anything to a deity, but never mind) and wise based on the cultural assumptions of the time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Abrahemics do not have that by default, it's an artistic portrayal from centuries ago to depict someone long lived (not sure if that would actually mean anything to a deity, but never mind) and wise based on the cultural assumptions of the time.

True. I was incorrect to make that generalization.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

Also so sad that your gripe about the videos is that they were edited into sections and therefore "manipulated". While you aren't technically wrong in that editing is manipulation of the original footage, you are wrong in trying to tie that editing somehow to the manipulation of the words the people spoke or their actions. Bazinga indeed my friend

Where is your proof I am wrong? Nothing PP did was illegal but these videos were edited to make it appear that what they were doing was illegal.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Religion was INSTRUMENTAL in bringing us out of the days where we just hit each other over the head with rocks if someone else had something we wanted. (want to hear some funny stuff? look up "Patton Oswalt Sky cake" in youtube, he has an entertaining and poignant view on the advent of religion) But, like has happened so many times, people have warped the message. The Bible became so convoluted, translated, mistranslated, cut, edited, and added upon that it no longer could be taken literally because some parts of it cancelled out others. So then priests and holy men started "Interpreting" the bible. And the thing about "Interpretation" is that there is a lot of wiggle room to insert your own hangups, fears, and hates into the bible.

There is no biblical morality, the only real morality is "Do unto other as you would have done to you." Thats the core of all morality. If you can't follow that simple tenant without the fear of eternal damnation then believing in God isn't going to be much of a deterrent because you're probably a psychopath or a sociopath anyways. Psychopaths think "I'm going to act like I believe in god, and browbeat anyone who doesn't share my opinions using the bible as a weapon." (IE: I'll pretend to understand a follow the rules while bending them to my whims) and Sociopaths think "God loves me no matter what I do, so being bad occasionally isn't "Bad" (IE: The rules don't apply to me because i'm special).

Sometimes I wonder if religion encourages sociopathic behavior, especially Christianity with its forgiveness claus. People treat others like crap, especially people not like "them," but can bask in the warm feeling of being a good and right person because believing in Christ automatically makes you a good person, because just believing in Christ is enough to get to heaven, and bad people can't go to heaven right?

edit on 29-9-2015 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Nonsense - the amount of atrocities carried out in the name of God/Religion on a daily basis is staggering (ISIS as an example)

Man has been so cruel and inhumane to their fellow man using "God/Religion" as the reason and thus your OP saying that it's the lack of God is wrong, as man will kill even with a God in their life probably more so.

* The Crusades (Christianity)
* Jihads (Islam)
* Inquisition (Christianity)
* The Ku Klux Klan Murders (Christianity)
* 30 Years' War (Christianity)
* French Wars of Religion (Christianity)
* Armenian Genocide (Islam)
* Mayan Sacrifice (Mayan)
* Thuggee Murders (Muslim)
* Incan Sacrifice (Incan)
* Muslim Conquests 622-1924 (Islam)
* Holocaust (Christianity)
* Beheading of Journalists (Islam)
* 9/11 (Islam)
* Westboro Baptist Church (Christianity)
* Biblical Endorsement to Mistreat Homosexuals (Christianity)
* Anabaptists (Christianity)
* 2009 Fort Hood Shooting (Islam)
* Marathon Bombings (Islam)
* 7/7/2005 (Islam)
* Cossack Massacres (Orthodox Christianity)

Lots more examples, but you get the point!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Stan71
Don't you realize religion is a conspiracy in itself. It's all about controlling the masses and leaders long ago learned that if you make people fear some all knowing God who will judge you one day and then claim it's God's will as to why you are King they will obey you.

Religion is for sheep.

You are right. Religion is nothing more than a base form of mind control for the masses.

Yet its influence on our laws and "morals" are probably the only thing that prevents someone from killing you for whatever reason they please.

People bring up natives but if it were not for religion I would not have a reason to care about natives in far corners of the earth. Why do you care about natives? (that is for anyone) if you don't believe life is specially endowed from a creator. Don't give me some humanist BS either or "feels". There is no legitimate reason (rooted in materialism) why you should have compassion for people outside of your own sphere without religion and it is probably contradictory to evolutionary imperatives to do so.

edit on 29-9-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

That probably equals less than half of the deaths from Marxist atheism just in the last century.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Stan71
Don't you realize religion is a conspiracy in itself. It's all about controlling the masses and leaders long ago learned that if you make people fear some all knowing God who will judge you one day and then claim it's God's will as to why you are King they will obey you.

Religion is for sheep.

Yet its influence on our laws and "morals" are probably the only thing that prevents someone from killing you for whatever reason they please.

People bring up natives but if it were not for religion I would not have a reason to care about natives in far corners of the earth. Why do you care about natives? (that is for anyone) if you don't believe life is specially endowed from a creator. Don't give me some humanist BS either or "feels". There is no legitimate reason (rooted in materialism) why you should have compassion for people outside of your own sphere without religion and it is probably contradictory to evolutionary imperatives to do so.

Thats completely ridiculous and illogical. Slaves? Children dieing in coal mines, killing and lynching?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: flammadraco

That probably equals less than half of the deaths from Marxist atheism just in the last century.

Probably doesn't!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Are we just naming ways in which people have died? You should elaborate.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: deadeyedick

Go ahead prove us wrong, You said anyone could by dead babies, now prove it.

I said anyone with money could make a purchase.

Then you made claims of a sack of cash....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Are we just naming ways in which people have died? You should elaborate.

Well the op was that we are loosing morality. I just stated in the last page that it isn't correct that both religion and atheism has produced many immoral phases in history.

We were more religious when we had slaves, had children working in factories and coal mines, slaughtered natives, lynched and segregaded, denied woman rights, killed witches etc.

Just as atheism in the form of communism (not Marxism you have tobread Marx to know what I mean) was also immoral and had its veriety of immoral acts and slaughter.

Men and woman can be monsters of any belief system. No one is worse than the other. The US was very specifically designed as a rule of secular law and we have done well keeping the two separate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join