It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H & M Stores Run Transgender Sikh & Hijab Ad Campaigns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'd wear probably ALL those outfits in a hearbeat...in fact I think I do for the most part but it just goes to show that the burkha or chabhor isn't necessary whatsoever. Anyone can dress modestly with the fashion that's available nowadays you don't have to make yourself stand out and look ridiculous by wearing something a) totally unsuitable to the weather and b) dictated by men

But to be fair a lot of the clothing issues aren't actually policed by men but by other women. Iran's morality police has a large section of dragon like females that wander the streets arresting girls who show too much hair or ankle or even an earlobe!

These haridans of virtue impose a strict dress code and women can be arrested for showing too much wrist as in this case above

Now wouldn't you have thought that their fellow female sisters would be pleased and proud that the younger generation were gaining some sort of freedom? But no it seems not. Jealousy maybe?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Muslims are not the only religion required or suggested to dress modestly.

Some people need to get over their prejudice and see the value in "Muslimwear".

These Badass Young Women Are Showing the World What "Muslim Style" Looks Like: mic.com...

So, to stay on topic, I fully support these diversified ads.

That is a bit of an ironic statement, so in order to promote diversity they are telling people how to dress....do you see the irony?

NO.

I see a choice.

How so? The ones that see it as a choice would have to believe that their culture/religion told them how to dress in the first place and that now, because a clothing company is saying it is ok to dress a different way, it is a choice? Why not just put a caption about how whomever is in a swimsuit being whatever they are and not making it about a political thing? I would think choice would show them not wearing ANYTHING to do with their religion/culture/sexual orientation. Is showing a lesbian in pants and tennis shoes being biased, or is showing one in a dress being antagonistic and insensitive?

Why not show a Muslim woman in a 2 piece bathing suit? Why not show a transgender in their actual gender's type of clothing?

For people to not think they have a choice is silly, but for a clothing company to think they can assign a choice is even worse. It's a clothing company....that is all it is. They are selling to sellouts....it is what they do. It is a failed statement that has gotten hype, but I would love to see how this affects their sales.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I would say fanaticism, but that would likely be insensitive. But hey, because H&M says it's ok they should wear what they want and not worry about the religious backlash right?

Until there is a change in their highest levels that is brought in by law, choice is not something women like the ones you pictured above will have. Wonder when the first wrongful death suit against H&M by someone who chose to dress as they said will happen? New meaning for drop dead gorgeous?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Muslims are not the only religion required or suggested to dress modestly.

Some people need to get over their prejudice and see the value in "Muslimwear".

These Badass Young Women Are Showing the World What "Muslim Style" Looks Like: mic.com...

So, to stay on topic, I fully support these diversified ads.

That is a bit of an ironic statement, so in order to promote diversity they are telling people how to dress....do you see the irony?

NO.

I see a choice.

How so? The ones that see it as a choice would have to believe that their culture/religion told them how to dress in the first place and that now, because a clothing company is saying it is ok to dress a different way, it is a choice?

Their religion/culture does expect them to dress modestly.

This is fashion design within those restrictions.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

But to be fair a lot of the clothing issues aren't actually policed by men but by other women. Iran's morality police has a large section of dragon like females that wander the streets arresting girls who show too much hair or ankle or even an earlobe!

I've said it before.

Religious women are one of the worst roadblocks to women's freedom.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Terrible isn't it? The one people you would have thought you could relate to and rely on are the very ones handing you over to be stoned! And I believe its out of pure jealousy. They don't want other women to move on and have any kind of freedom because they never did!

I have found this throughout my time advocating womens' rights in various countries, that more often than not the women will strangely inflict on their daughters the same abuse they received or force them to live by the same code that they know is abhorrent. Take the female genital mutilation issue, its a dreadful practice conceived by men to limit womens ability to enjoy sex, but its carried out and enforced by women. They insist their daughters have it done even though they know its vile and painful and unecessary. Wouldn't you have thought that they would want to spare their daughters such cruelty? But nope. Until these women can accept change generations of women will be forced down the same path ad infinitum

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Everyone knows when you join western civilization you leave modesty at the door!

Sex with our violence, please.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Annee

Terrible isn't it? The one people you would have thought you could relate to and rely on are the very ones handing you over to be stoned!

For sure.

Even here in America, your everyday Fundy Christians, still believe they are commanded by God to be subservient to their husbands.

I was reading up on the "white male voting" a while back. It said something like, count 2 votes for every "Fundy Christian White Male" because they tell their wife who to vote for.

OK - - - back on topic.

I love the ad.

If I had gone to college (illness prevented it) - - I would have studied Cultural Anthropology. I love Cultural Diversity.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Everyone knows when you join western civilization you leave modesty at the door!

You don't have to, just don't expect to force others to be modest. It's all about being able to choose! Same with violence....always a choice, only with violence comes consequences. Typically not being modest doesn't have consequences unless someone disagrees with you not being modest enough and then becomes violent. If unable to deal with immodest people I would say to stay away from western civilization...
edit on 9/29/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I have to admit, as progressive as I am, I'm sick of butt cracks.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I prefer the immodest.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Beats front cracks.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Beats front cracks.

That's some extreme bending over backwards

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

These are going to be the next big hit...MADTV was WAY ahead of its time.....

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Beats front cracks.

That's some extreme bending over backwards

The standard American Diet is most likely to blame as Americans loose the battle of the bulge for a second time.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

OMG!!!!!!!

NO!!!!

Gotta send that to my kid.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

OMG!!!!!!!

NO!!!!

Gotta send that to my kid.

Hey.....don't hate or discriminate! Coming soon to an H&M near you!!!!!! Gitcha Some!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Holy crap those look comfortable!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

And advertised by H&M by a one legged black ginger haired single parent lesbian dyslexic jewish convert who loves chihuahuas no doubt

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I agree with the proving them until they get violent with people yet blaming the people for simply being themselves. That would be akin to a Woman provoking a Man into beating her, yet blaming the Woman for provoking the situation in which she is beaten by the Man.

Fail!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join