It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H & M Stores Run Transgender Sikh & Hijab Ad Campaigns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Just had to say that Britain First website is absolutely vile.

I feel dirty just clicking on their website

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: kosmicjack

Actually I have shopped there for my granddaughter often. Not now. It will be to dangerous for at least a year
in my opinion

Dangerous

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Honestly, what ever happened to selling based on the quality of a product?

If trends change in the blink of an eye - - isn't cheap and affordable better?

When I was dressing up (too old now, prefer comfort) - - I'd buy quality basics, then have fun mixing in trendy styles.

Sure, they are directly marketing to the young, trendy crowd with a misused political statement....same way McDonalds ropes kids in with a Happy Meal...idiot consumers following misguided attempts at political propaganda.

True style never goes out though....just gets better with age. It is more about what you exude when you wear it than what you wear....case in point, you go to a club in a town with H&M and run into 4 other girls with the same skirt/top on....so what sets you apart now? What if you happen to be the ugly one of the 4 and your trendy outfit no longer feels trendy....

Anywho....I am no fashion guru...never been to H&M and likely never will....I am not very trendy.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Here's the ad. It's not offensive at all. If someone wants to be offended, they will be.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I will say that in Tehran, trendy loose fitting hijabs are now a fashion statement, just enough to comply with the law but the women have turned them not into items of oppression but fashionable accessories and good for them for doing so, but they have come under attack from more radical Muslims (men) for trivialising the hijab and its purpose (invented by men of course)

I think this is a very good thing. It's women taking charge of their power. Women will never be free if they themselves don't fight for it.

I've gone on some online Muslim clothing sites. Some of the clothes are beautiful, and Hey! Not having everything hanging out all the time might be refreshing.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe they could be really cutting edge and do something about the appalling conditions their Chinese and Cambodian workers have to suffer

H & M Cambodian Factories

H&M Use Child Labour

Hypocritical is the word that springs to mind

And yes I know they aren't the only one doing it but with their stance on highlighting the plight of minorities...its a bit cheeky

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I don't feel provoked.
I personally don't care

But H&M are poking the bear and will be responsible for the bear biting back

You support what they did and think it is wonderful. Shop there often and support them but don't act indignant if the bear fights back

If H&M has chimeras for models I don't care personally. Fine. Transgender I don't personally care, gay ,fine. But don't pretend that promoting transgender and gays in hajibs isn't making a politically correct statement.

But don't be surprised or indignant when the Muslims extremists retaliate.

edit on 11Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:49:10 -0500am92909amk292 by grandmakdw because: Format addition

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Fabulous fashion from the Tehran Times

More at
Tehran Fashion

Now quite honestly who could object to those amazing outfits whether Muslim or otherwise? The girls look gorgeous stylish & fashionable and STILL modest. If more Muslim women dressed like that there would be so much less of "omg look at that" pointing to the woman in a black tent! They don't need an advertising campaign, they have done it themselves and changed the way they are perceived proving that you can be religious, follow the teachings but apply common sense so it doesn't interefere with your life to the extremes

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I like it.

Just hope they continue with it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For advertising to work for me, it would have to show someone like myself in the pictures.

If I see an add and the model is wearing a turban... I would assume that they are trying to appeal to people who wear turbans and wouldn't look any farther.

Just pointing out the obvious... You use models that look like your potential clients or you are wasting your advertising dollars.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Hmm yup suppose you could be right with that one. Hadn't thought about it that way

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

For advertising to work for me, it would have to show someone like myself in the pictures.

Same. Unless the man is relatively handsome, a good dresser and appears to have hailed from Nantucket I skip over the ad.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Muslims are not the only religion required or suggested to dress modestly.

Some people need to get over their prejudice and see the value in "Muslimwear".

These Badass Young Women Are Showing the World What "Muslim Style" Looks Like: mic.com...

So, to stay on topic, I fully support these diversified ads.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If more Muslim women dressed like that there would be so much less of "omg look at that" pointing to the woman in a black tent!

That second outfit is adorable!

They don't need an advertising campaign, they have done it themselves and changed the way they are perceived proving that you can be religious, follow the teachings but apply common sense so it doesn't interefere with your life to the extremes

H&M isn't doing this for the benefit of Muslim culture. They are doing it to make money. That's their aim. Maybe they don't NEED this campaign, but I see nothing wrong with them jumping on the bandwagon and trying to sell their products to a diverse clientele.

Besides, women have been wearing pashminas for years!

edit on 9/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

These Badass Young Women Are Showing the World What "Muslim Style" Looks Like: mic.com...

That is a bit of an ironic statement, so in order to promote diversity they are telling people how to dress....do you see the irony?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If more Muslim women dressed like that there would be so much less of "omg look at that" pointing to the woman in a black tent!

That second outfit is adorable!

They don't need an advertising campaign, they have done it themselves and changed the way they are perceived proving that you can be religious, follow the teachings but apply common sense so it doesn't interefere with your life to the extremes

H&M isn't doing this for the benefit of Muslim culture. They are doing it to make money. That's their aim. Maybe they don't NEED this campaign, but I see nothing wrong with them jumping on the bandwagon and trying to sell their products to a diverse clientele.

Besides, women have been wearing pashminas for years!

Well sure women have been wearing them for years, only most places call it a scarf, and it's been rebranded in the US for the Muslim culture to accept.

Sort of like companies moving to the cloud...it's called a hosted data center and has been for a long time....gotta create buzz words!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

....gotta create buzz words!

Yeah. That's what marketing is all about these days! Having been intimately involved in the electronic industry (both hardware and software), the newest, fastest, whizziest, buzz words and ideas sell the best! LOL!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And in most places its a choice

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That is a bit of an ironic statement, so in order to promote diversity they are telling people how to dress....do you see the irony?

NO.

I see a choice.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How long before they are targeted by islamists for this I wonder

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join