It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Just Handed Kim Davis A Huge Win

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Skada

impeding the free exercise of religion,

That part should have been highlighted.

Davis didn't violate it.

Kinda like it is perfectly legal for a solider to refuse to obey an order when they disagree with it.

Wrong. It is only legal for a soldier to defy an order (and their legal responsibility to do so) when that order demands he or she do something that is illegal or blatantly immoral, like an order to loot, kill unarmed civilians, lie under oath, violate Geneva conventions, ect. But an order they don't agree with? Hell, no. If that were the case, I wouldn't have been involved in half the # I was in the military, under Uncle Sam's orders. I would have never deployed to protect a kingdom that I think is a stinking pile of two-faced oppression and inhumanity. But I did. Why? Because I signed a contract with the government, and took several oaths stating I would do whatever was asked of me. Had I told my CO to f*ck off, I'm not deploying, ect, I would have been looking at, for starters, an article 15, probably jail time, and an undesirable discharge or worse discharge. And the Army would have been 100% in the right in doing so. To put it simply, I would be refusing to do a job I signed up for, and am getting paid for. The consequences for such , even in the civillian world, are the same. You lose your job.

Kim Davis is in an easier position than I. No one is violating her right to believe whatever she wants. However, if those beliefs are such that they cause her to refuse to do her assigned job and duty, then she has the freedom to either choose a position where she will not have to do things that violate her beliefs, or find another job. No one is preventing her from doing any of the above. Only Mrs. Davis is the one stirring up drama where really, none should exist in the first place.

Religious oppression? Only from her end.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Oh, I just had to.

Vatican to Replace Diplomat Who Set Up Kim Davis Meeting

The Vatican is replacing its controversial ambassador to the U.S., who arranged the meeting between Pope Francis and antigay Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis last fall.
www.advocate.com...

<< 3  4  5   >>

join