It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question for which Berenstein Skeptics Have No Answer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I got a theory for ya. the name i sspelled Bearenstein but pronounced Bearenstain. The E is pronounced with a A sound due to its placement in the name. Its a quirk of english apparently.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Night Star

What about all the works published before the bears that is spelt Berenstain?

Is this the question that you have said I have not addressed? I am not sure what this has to do with anything, as if it is truly a timeline convergence that we are dealing with, that would have been the name that the BB creators were born with, and the BB's would have always had that name in this reality. No one who is certain of "Berenstein" is disputing this, and this is what the skeptics do not seem to grasp. Yes, they have always been the Berenstains - here.

The question that has truly been avoided or answered insufficiently for 6 pages now is the one posed in the original post: If so many thousands or millions of people had been "misreading" the word for so many years, why is there no documented historical evidence that this was ever an issue? I can answer that by saying it's because it never was an issue - here. Somehow, in very recent times (whatever "time" is), aspects of there (stein) have been merged into here (stain). This convergence has altered almost everything involving the name, except the memories of those who know that it was "stein," and still is - there.

Because of this, in spite of the fact that so many multitudes of people were apparently "misreading" it for decades, we can not find even one shred of historical evidence from more than a few years ago that there was ever any confusion with the name, because there never was any such confusion here.

Make sense?

It is also a fact that the skeptics are completely avoiding any explanation for the Coasterbuzz forum discussion from 2001, in which at least 8-10 different posters refer to them as "Berenstein," with not one person correcting anyone, and not one person saying "Berenstain."
edit on 30-9-2015 by TombEscaper because: add

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Ok, the fallacy sustained because the top places people originally went to read or buy that material, those sites had already mispronounced it. There would be some that did recognize the mistake, but passed it off and never brought it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

Is this the question that you have said I have not addressed? I am not sure what this has to do with anything, as if it is truly a timeline convergence that we are dealing with, that would have been the name that the BB creators were born with, and the BB's would have always had that name in this reality. No one who is certain of "Berenstein" is disputing this, and this is what the skeptics do not seem to grasp. Yes, they have always been the Berenstains - here.

It is also a fact that the skeptics are completely avoiding any explanation for the Coasterbuzz forum discussion from 2001, in which at least 8-10 different posters refer to them as "Berenstein," with not one person correcting anyone, and not one person saying "Berenstain."

Why hasn't the Coasterbuzz thread always been "stain" - here?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Actually, it's been an issue for Stan since he was a child..

Well, actually the earliest I know about it is in my mother and father’s autobiography where my dad wrote a section about when he was in elementary school. His elementary school teacher said that his name was spelled incorrectly and that she was changing it to “Berenstein,” and that she wouldn’t recognize the spelling of his name in her class because there was no such name. So it goes back pretty far, the issue.

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasteel

Why hasn't the Coasterbuzz thread always been "stain" - here?

Because the way this works is that any supposed evidence of the "old" spelling is evidence of a timeline shift and any evidence of the "new" spelling is evidence of a timeline shift. The discussion starts with that conclusion and it's totally based on subjective memories that for some unexplained reason did not change along with everything else.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

originally posted by: DelMarvel

What are you talking about? His name was CHARLES SCHULZ. With a "C." He was always correcting people for adding the "T" as I documented above.

Cool story, bro. He was often correcting people about mispelling his name.

Someone ELSE slipped the 'T' in his mouth. Reread your own 'documented' quotes.

And.. 'Always'? LOL

Oh for crying out loud! OK, he FREQUENTLY had to correct the spelling of his name. Which is a much more logical explanation for your confusion about his name than a timeline shift.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Upon reading this thread I immediately asked a person with idedic memory. The answer was BerenstEin. That prompted my posting as I too have the "stein" memory mostly because I packed a Berenstein lunchbox every morning for my neice. I looked at it every morning during 2 school years.

We live in interesting times, do we not?

The person you asked was wrong. If you want to prove that I am in fact incoerrect, then please present a book of the bears written by the Berenstein's. All the one's I see were written by the Berenstain's.

In the land of make believe, the duty to prove Unicorns exist falls on the guy claiming they are real.
Good luck and God speed.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
The person you asked was wrong. If you want to prove that I am in fact incoerrect, then please present a book of the bears written by the Berenstein's. All the one's I see were written by the Berenstain's.

Not a criticism aimed solely at Network Dude, but a number of people seem to be misunderstanding this.
Note - I am NOT advocating the time shift theory, just trying to clarify this bit of it.

According to the timeshift believing people, there should be NO books with the -stein spelling available to find and present to anyone since all the books will have ALWAYS been -stain in this timeline. The timeshift people are trying to say that they used to inhabit a different timeline where the correct spelling had ALWAYS been -stein, rather than that this whole -stein/stain thing is the result of a common linguistic mistake amplified by how imperfect memory is.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The question that has truly been avoided or answered insufficiently for 6 pages now is the one posed in the original post: If so many thousands or millions of people had been "misreading" the word for so many years, why is there no documented historical evidence that this was ever an issue?

It was answered in the second post. The internet.

And before you claim the internet was around before, the social media that exists where any one can post a crazy idea and have followers pile on (see chemtrails) is the new norm.

Seriously, if you are over 20 years old, you should be able to see this. Think Myspace, then move forward in time.

In the past, people were a bit smarter and had better things to do with their time. Now, posting the cat that "Haz Cheezburgerz" is an intellectual gem.

You and all the others just remember things wrong. It does happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasteel

I kind of see what you are saying.

If we can find a time line where posting on ATS is a job that produces a 7 figure income, I'd prefer we skip all this Bear # and move on to that one.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I went to work yesterday and asked 17 people, all over the age of 35, how do they recollect the spelling. Every one of them said the same, stEin ! Then I told them about this phenominon, and none of them had heard stAin and, were quite shocked, when researching online!

There is something to this, even if you don't think so.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No-one is saying there isn't. There is just disagreement over whether it's a linguistic / memory issue or a somewhat paranormal event (not sure how else to describe collision of timelines).

Mandella events like Tank Boy getting run over or not seem much more compelling to me, you know BIG changes. Like if I woke up tomorrow and the UK was suddenly in the southern hemisphere then you can bet your ass I'd be on board with the reality shift thing.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The question that has truly been avoided or answered insufficiently for 6 pages now is the one posed in the original post: If so many thousands or millions of people had been "misreading" the word for so many years, why is there no documented historical evidence that this was ever an issue?

Actually, that question works for both sides of the argument.

Why is it that this belief has gradually developed and only relatively recently?

I've asked this before and gotten no answer: If there are millions of observant people that can remember the other timeline then why wasn't there a day when everyone pulled out their BB books and suddenly saw the name change? Why does the OP only talk about a non-specific past?

You should be able to easily pinpoint that to the specific time this supposedly happened.

If people are only reporting childhood memories as adults that seems to me to be evidence that this has to do with confusion and/or memory issues---probably being exacerbated by false memories being inadvertently planted via the internet discussions.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

we can not find even one shred of historical evidence

Because the timeline shift would make the "historical evidence" unavailable in order to prevent disclosure.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

If people are only reporting childhood memories as adults that seems to me to be evidence that this has to do with confusion and/or memory issues-

Many people are recollecting as adults, not childhood memories. I packed my neice's Berenstein Bear lunchbox every school day for 2 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Just because you may very well be excluded from the different timeline doesn't mean it does not exist. The revelation will come, we will eventually come to understand other timelines and dimensions, and such.

Unless Niburu demolishes the planet first.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I went to work yesterday and asked 17 people, all over the age of 35, how do they recollect the spelling. Every one of them said the same, stEin ! Then I told them about this phenominon, and none of them had heard stAin and, were quite shocked, when researching online!

Yeah, but once again where are the accounts of people who were actively using or working with the books and suddenly noticed the change? I'm not saying there aren't any but I'm not seeing them. These books have stayed in print non-stop so that would have had to have happened.

You know, something like : "I got out the book to read to my son one day when he was four in 1999 and the name had suddenly and mysteriously changed on the copy of our book that no one had touched but us."

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Actually, one of the ladies kept the books and said she will go to her storage and see what they now say. I will ask her to take pics.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Actually, one of the ladies kept the books and said she will go to her storage and see what they now say. I will ask her to take pics.

But you just said "the timeline shift would make the "historical evidence" unavailable in order to prevent disclosure."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join