It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt Water Flows on Mars Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

This is the first time persistent liquid water has been confirmed to be currently flowing on Mars.

They confirmed it by finding its cause.

Granted I don't know enough to say another announcement wasn't warranted.
I'll give you that one. But judging from what I've seen and what I know only thru
NASA. Let's just say, they are responsible for all the mistrust I feel.
edit on Ram92815v07201500000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

This is the first time persistent liquid water has been confirmed to be currently flowing on Mars.

They confirmed it by finding its cause.

Granted I don't know enough to say another announcement wasn't warranted.
I'll give you that one. But judging from what I've seen and what I know only thru
NASA. Let's just sa,y they are responsible for all the mistrust I feel.

So you think maybe NASA is lying and they didn't find liquid water?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So with them officially announcing water on Mars...I wonder if other information can be released that they may already know?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

...It is unfathomable that scientific minded people are not outraged by him killing both the ares v and constellation programs respectively....

the funds were held back for the refugee crisis that was planned...
Space expenditures are frivolous to the Shia/Sunni/Sufi

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

TextSo you think maybe NASA is lying and they didn't find liquid water?

I have questions, that's all.
One would be good to ask you I hope I hope.
Wouldn't any water on mars be contanimated with rust?
Surely we won't be going up there to fill our sparkletts bottles?
edit on Ram92815v17201500000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: qd22vcc
So with them officially announcing water on Mars...I wonder if other information can be released that they may already know?

Phhhht...wishful thinking my friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Maybe a planet full of bustling Metropolises and billions of Martians?

...I mean as long as we are speculating about what NASA isn't telling us, then why not go all the way?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
not really worth all the big hype..... was at least looking for some rover footage or at least a few pics of actual liquid watter

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
And once again, mainstream science has been forced to confirm facts which, if put forward ten or twenty years ago, would've been met with skepticism, and probably accusations of incompetence.

All scientific "truths" that were once defended by the ruling establishment have proven over time to be bull$#%t.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It means you arent ****** thats the message, now take care of the water on Mars, its a lifeline. The only one that only will be given

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I suppose one of the other reasons this is interesting is that any manned mission to mars might not need t carry/recycle all its water. Plus they could make LH and LOX if they needed to make fuel. Dangerous, sure, but they are on Mars...danger doesnt scare those guys/gals.

That Gif gave me goosebumps. Dunno why, just seeing something "flowing" on another plaet when we are used to static shots is very exciting.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
And once again, mainstream science has been forced to confirm facts which, if put forward ten or twenty years ago, would've been met with skepticism, and probably accusations of incompetence.

All scientific "truths" that were once defended by the ruling establishment have proven over time to be bull$#%t.

NASA geologists speculating ten+ years ago that these dark streaks could be briny flowing water was the mainstream thought on these dark streaks. Many mainstream scientist felt this could be briny water, although other possible explanations were also hypothesized.

That said, just because this was speculated on ten years ago (and those people speculating were NOT accused of incompetence), it was not proven until recently.

That's the way science works: You speculate (form a hypothesis) and then try to find evidence to help prove the hypothesis.

edit on 9/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

And what do you think that may be?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Yeah they mentioned that i think.

We can "officially" send people there now and they might be able to return home as well. Win-Win

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Reputable planetary scientists have speculated on subsurface Martian brine for decades; there just has not been adequate evidence until now. On the other hand, people claiming there was liquid water on Mars because they were brought there by the "Space Brothers"....

All scientific "truths" that were once defended by the ruling establishment have proven over time to be bull$#%t

Name one.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Maybe a planet full of bustling Metropolises and billions of Martians?

...I mean as long as we are speculating about what NASA isn't telling us, then why not go all the way?

maybe google cant confirm just yet ?

link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: EA006

And what do you think that may be?

Remnants of a civilization. The artifacts in NASA's own pictures. The same pictures with the evidence of water.

link   
a reply to: EA006

Why should they be able to return home`?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Agreed. I thought all of this was pretty well established, and if you had read all the data from the last 20 years this would be a no-brainer.

So let me get this straight NASA...

It took us 10 years from the time we put our first man in space to put one on the Moon -- and we're still sending glorified R/C cars to Mars 40 years after that? We're hitching rides to space with the Russians into low Earth orbit, staying in a glorified space tree-fort, growing lettuce and observing spiders.

Something is seriously wrong. There's got to be a deliberate attempt to keep the civilian space program from getting funding to do anything more than send remote control cars to Mars.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
this is an exciting admission from NASA. life, even in the long-postulated (and scientifically preferred) microbial form will be discovered (maybe already has been) and announced in due course. the drip feed continues to deliver the inevitable, in small, measured and easily acceptable morsels. huzzah!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join