It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And so it begins!

Russia lauches first airstrike in Syria

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Dont know if this is true but if it is, then its getting more serious by the moment not by the day!

www.liveleak.com...
BRITAIN must invest in its fleet of main battle tanks to meet an increasing threat of ground war with Russia, senior Army officers have warned.It comes as tensions between Nato countries and Moscow continued to mount, with Russia threatening “nuclear counter measures” over a plan to bolster nuclear facilities in Germany.

David Cameron is currently trying to find a “compromise deal” with Russian president Vladimir Putin over tackling the IS terror group in Syria.

But Russian aggression in Eastern Europe, an increase in Nato air-space incursions by Russian bombers, and the development of a new Russian “super tank” has led senior commanders to admit that the prospects of a conventional ground war In Eastern Europe can no longer be ignored.

The British Army has 227 Challenger 2 main battle tanks but, while they are still respected, they are in urgent need of upgrade.

Last year the British Army took part in live-fire Nato exercise in Poland with more than 100 armoured vehicles. Operation Black Eagle “highlighted the British Army’s ability to deploy an armoured battlegroup at short notice anywhere in the world in support of the nation’s allies.

edit on 30-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
OMGF thats alot of boom!

Russian Aerospace Forces' air strikes against ISIS targets in Syria. 8 targets hit, terrorist HQ & coordination center completely destroyed.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Well, there goes that village..

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
More info on the current war in Syria!

Russian war planes have started precision air strikes against Islamic State positions in Syria, after lawmakers granted the Kremlin permission to use the military outside of Russia's borders. RT discusses the developments with political and media adviser to the Syrian President, Bouthaina Shaaban.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So here we have a general talking on fox news about the recent Russian bombing of the FSA. There seems to be speculation of war between the USA and Russia.

Breaking: US headed for armed showdown with Russia?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
US plane down in Afganistan. .. .

Washington (CNN)—Eleven people were killed when a U.S. C-130 plane crashed in Afghanistan early Friday morning, a U.S. defense official said.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yea, the praise of Russia and extremists is astounding on this message board. I #en hate them both, I see them both as enemy's of the west, and I also understand that we don't not have a strong intellectual western leader, nor are the elections going to provide one. How unfortunate this is, men like me, fathers, brothers, husbands, and sons, will have to die because of the mistakes made now. I have a pacemaker thank you OIF i will defend the west, we are making huge strategic failures daily at the behest of our long time enemy's.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I miss the 80's.

Everyone was clearly aware of who the enemies were.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Brother though we may not religiously agree,

Know there are a few good men left.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This happened last month in Yemen, I had no clue. . . . .

U S Special Forces Members Evacuate Air Base in Yemen as Security Situation

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The war in Afganistan is also ramping up. .. .

Over 100,000 American troops may stay in Afghanistan

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Maybe some intelligence found one of the militant groups in the ME with a nuc or two?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Maybe some intelligence found one of the militant groups in the ME with a nuc or two?

I am thinking its due to the Taliban surge, but there have been reports of ISIL getting nuclear materials as well.

Taliban Gaining Ground In Afghanistan

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Guess there couldn't be a faster way to get ISIS and the Taliban working together other than an invasion...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Guess there couldn't be a faster way to get ISIS and the Taliban working together other than an invasion...

I am guessing that could be what is already happening in some form or another.

We may see a new anti US group form out of this whole mess, as if we needed another one. . . .

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Here is more news on the Iran troop surge in Syria.

Iranian troops prepare to aid Russia with Syrian ground assault, officials say

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Some interesting news as sides are forming Isreal is firing missles to aid the rebels, China is on its way so to say. . . .

Breaking News September 30 2015 Russia Iran China Intervention in Syria & Iraq Iran Russia alliance

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So here is a senator calling for a safe zone within Syria where the rebels can plot to take over the Assad regime in peace. .. . . . .LOLz

CIA backed "moderate rebels" being bombed by Russia

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I dont know what this is but looks like a nuke going off, according to the video its a new Russian weapon. . . .

Russia has sold a new weapon designed to create the same energy of a small nuclear bomb without the radiation.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join