It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For my people from an alternate universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Russia landing on the moon, now that is one that I have never heard before--its not really the kind of thing you can mistake or mis-hear.

Russia never made it to the moon in my memory, but I'm wondering what (if any) other variations on the cold war you remember differently?.

When do you remember Germany re-unifying? or the disintegration of the USSR?.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hey where can I read more about this. This is very interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It used to be a mustang. Now it's an appaloosa. Just keep on riding.
The continuity guy is stoned.

edit on 28-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
a reply to: Milah

en.wikipedia.org...

This just blew my mind... Why did it become a cultural phenomenon if it wasn't true?

Also the "Luke, I am your father". I specifically remember several other satirical jokes made of that line.

I also remember Jiffy peanut butter, I always felt there were two f's. I just assumed I was mistaken, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I also just stumbled upon another one... "Hello, Clarice" from Silence of the Lambs is now "Good evening, Clarice". I remember jokes being made about how he said "Hello, Clarice". This is so incredibly bizarre...

Hmm I am freaked out now.
What do you mean it's "Good evening, Clarice"? I never heard that, I know it's "Hello, Clarice".And I remember "Mirror mirror" not "Magic mirror".
This is bizarre indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: galaga

My spouse and I discussed your thread. Our memories are exactly as yours with exception to Jiffy. JIFFY was and still is popcorn. I believe you have confused Skippy and Jiff pb togrther.

My spouse and I both recall sitting in our separate lunch cafeterias in elementery school with a black and white TV ready for the FIRST lunar landing and moonwalk. The first walk on the moon was July 20, 1969.
We weren't in school in July. We were off for summer fron June 13th to the day after Labor Day in Sept.

We both recall this school event vividly because the entire school watched in nail-biting anticipation. My spouse went to a different school in our town.

OP, You may be on to something. Are realities subjective to ourplacement in a "matrix"?

Anyone else?

This is not the first time we have discussed the " Mendella effecr"

It started out some of us remember mendella dying almost 10 years ago instead of last year.

It spiralled out into the Bernstein bears, mirror, mirror on the wall, and if you built it they will come.....

Me it appears it is much larger than initially realized.

I remember all I mentioned as I wrote it.

Yet none of it is accurate in today's world!!????

Crazy times... I wonder if this has to do with us realizing that time moves both ways, and that information can be sent into the past or future...

DARPA is into some really blackout level stuff, is it possible in they or another groups tinkering they sent info into the past that butterfly effected the future in subtle but meaningful ways?
edit on 28-9-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah
I'll opt out. I remember it a rather boring movie with the folks coming out of the corn only near the end. Now I hear they appear earlier on too. Maybe there's an alternateve ending/directors cut version issue or something.

Oh and the i in Jif had a dot, think it still does. Sure hope so!

If there were nowhere to read/write about this like ATS, i'd probably NOT have realized some of these changes on my own, or brushed them off as just a sign of the times or companies in denial (ie, Berenstein)

BTW I'm a Star Trek fan and remember in the old episode Kirk saying beam me up Scottie quite often. Does he really not say that ever in this reality's archives???

Wait what????

Yes he says " beam me up Scotty " because in space balls they use the fraze " beam him down snotty" in parody.

And I know it has been used in many movies and TV shows since.

I clearly remember several times Kirk saying " beam me up Scotty "

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
When did it become a thing that people remembering or making up things is an indication of some Mulder like Fringe anomaly?

It down at make a difference how much proof these types of people have that they are wrong because it always come back to" I remember X so that is right and I don't care that every version of a book, song, movie or person dying says otherwise my memory is infallible and right"
edit on 28-9-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
When did it become a thing that people remembering or making up things is an indication of some Mulder like Fringe anomaly?

It down at make a difference how much proof these types of people have that they are wrong because it always come back to" I remember X so that is right and I don't care that every version of a book, song, movie or person dying says otherwise my memory is infallible and right"

Except it is a very large number of people that don't know eachother all remember it the exact same way..

But you acting like a douche was more important than the reality right?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Except it is a very large number of people that don't know eachother all remember it the exact same way..

So a large number of people remember things wrong is still just that, a large number of people remembering things wrong..

Yeah you are right, neither the X-Files or FRINGE dealt with this so that must make me a douche.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some web references to Interview with A vampire:
lunalunamag.com...
www.tripadvisor.com...
www.allthetests.com...
edition.cnn.com...

Some people have enough conviction in their memory to publish the title Interview with A Vampire, so there must be some catalyst to this shared "memory". Those are only just a few links, there are more. I'm going to go thru by a year and see if there are any patterns...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

So a large number of people remember things wrong is still just that, a large number of people remembering things wrong..

Yeah you are right, neither the X-Files or FRINGE dealt with this so that must make me a douche.

No your are being a douche by being overly confrontational for no reason in a thread based on something that could be very important.

There is a lot of evidence both ways in some of these cases.

Either some set of similar circumstances is causing mass hallucinations causing millions world wide, to remember a different history on several subjects, with remarkably similar hallucinated detail.

Even though these people range in every aspect from geography, race, social status, education, lifestyle, culture, religion, sex, personality or political bias.

Or there is some other unknown at play.

Is it a time slip? I doubt it...we know scientifically that it is a possibility, but very remote, so remote, it is barely worth the time it took to post this on the subject.

Some other unknown.

Personally, I think it is most likely just a number of factors that trigger certain effects in the human brain.

Like a kind of imperception, like you think you heard somthing one way, but it was not what you actually heard.

Like the telephone game.

But mnemonic.

There are many threads and sites on the web about this.

It is happening, and more comes up everyday.

Everyone that remembers "Bernstein" doesn't remember "mirror mirror" or "if you build it they will come".

It is effecting many people, even those of us that don't believe in big foot nessy UFO abductions fairy tale gods in the sky etc.....

It isn't just the regular bag of nutz and tin foil hat types.

It is happening across all demographic lines.

There is somthing to this.

Some of us just want to coeles all the data together to see what is really going on with this.

ETA - autocorrect

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates
Some web references to Interview with A vampire:
lunalunamag.com...
www.tripadvisor.com...
www.allthetests.com...
edition.cnn.com...

Some people have enough conviction in their memory to publish the title Interview with A Vampire, so there must be some catalyst to this shared "memory". Those are only just a few links, there are more. I'm going to go thru by a year and see if there are any patterns...

The book Interview With The Vampire was released in 1976 and it has always been called Interview With THE Vampire and not Interview With A Vampire. The film was released in 1994 and was called Interview With The Vampire.

What is a more likely scenario

1. The authors in the sources you listed didnt verify the correct title or they did a lazy job and because they heard it as A vs THE they wrote it that way. That has nothing to do with conviction and everything to do with not verifying information which happens so frequently in just about everything.

2. The millions of print, digital,audio, DVD, CD, posters, memorabilia items from the book and subsequent film have all been modified in the millions of locations they can be found to say Interview With The Vampire vs Interview With A Vampire.

Hell I can go to Amazon and type in either Interview With A or Interview With The and it all takes me back to the same source material of Interview With The Vampire. Is this an indication of some alter time line or Amazon knowing that some segment of people remember it wrong but they still want their sales so they take them to the correct title.

The human mind is not infallible and even less so in the modern world where culture and media play such a huge part of what our perception is.

Maybe that post makes me a douche also like my other one but I have yet to hear any person on threads like this at ATS come up with any viable answer to the scenario question above other than "but this is the way I remember it" as if their memories couldn't be wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

It is happening across all demographic lines.
There is somthing to this.
Some of us just want to coeles all the data together to see what is really going on with this.

How is anything you listed any different then two people hearing the same song and yet hearing the lyrics differently regardless of what the actual lyrics are?

Why does their have to be something going on or something to it why can't it just be humans are not computers so they hear, see , feel and remember things differently right or wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
An interesting part of human nature is speculating that reality has been changed instead of questioning the mind's memory.

If it really has changed then I would think it is an indication of a simulated universe where some information has been corrupted or purposely changed for effect. That could be a bit disturbing for someone caught in it.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Maybe landing shown was not 11 but one of the later ones.

edit on 9/28/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This does a good job of summarizing memory errors

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
I can accept that my memory is faulty--I can even accept that I might not have the most stable mental health, this does not mean I cant look at the situation from all angles. One of those angles is the shared experience of this "memory", that in itself interests me.

I'm not one claiming time shifts, but I still think I am entitled to spend my time looking at the anecdotal evidence and trying to see if there are any patterns or traits that are common.

If your not interested in the phenomenological aspect of this common occurrence, then really what do you have here to add?.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Lyrics in a song can replace memories of what was original. Mirror Mirror on the wall was a 1960's song sung by the Pinkertons....

that maybe the song that made all the confusion, but i also wonder about this song.

that's one, but i was thinking about this one, Mirror Mirror on the wall, is the first line and you know how people that get hammered ( with any subtance) tend to remember things. seeing how many fall into the age group when this song came out i wonder if tha's part of it.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
The face you've shown me scares me so
I thought that I could call your bluff
But now the lines are clear enough
Life's not pretty even though
I've tried so hard to make it so
Mornings are such cold distress
How did I ever get into this mess

side note , credits say that Snowblind was written by Dennis Deyoung and James Young, also some say ACE FREHLEY of KISS fame. so i list both.

edit on 28-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

thought this tune would also fit here,

But tell me, tell me where I'm going
I don't know where I've been
Tell me, tell me, won't you tell me
And then tell me again
My heart is breaking, my body's aching
And I don't know where to go
So tell me, tell me, won't you tell me
I've just got to know
Songwriter
SHAW, TOMMY

edit on 28-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
a reply to: Milah

Yes. The Charles Shultz thing is bugging me out. I clearly remember the "t" how it was crossed long ways.

OMG most anyone who ever glimpsed the Comics section of the papers should realize the CROSS T from his own SIGNATURE is even missing... how sinister!

Removal of the 'CROSS' from his signature - literally!!

Hopefully he's not rolling over in his grave over it, conveniently having passed on in February 2000!

edit on 28-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Twilight zone opening different too. Dont Mind bend yourself over it, just be here now and move forward. I sometimes wonder if complete enlightenment is when all of the selves in any direction come together at a single point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join