It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam and Eve - Why was Knowledge Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am going to tell the story of Adam and Eve in the garden through a metaphor of a mother and child, since I think their minds were like those of little children.

Metaphor

One evening a mother baked a beautiful cake and set it on the counter. Her 5 year old came and said mommy can I have that cake.

The mother replied, you can have a piece of the cake tomorrow but you can't have the whole cake or you will get sick.

The next morning the child woke up before his mother and walked into the kitchen. As the child was gazing at the cake Satan came to the child and asked the child did your mother really say not to eat the whole cake?

The child replied yes, she said it would make me sick.

Satan replied that cake won't make you stick, your mother just doesn't want you to have it because she wants to keep it for herself. She knows that the cake is good to eat and she is being selfish.

The child looked at the cake, and it looked very good for eating. So the child ate the entire cake before his mother awoke.

By the time his mother awoke he was already feeling pain in his stomach. His mother asked, did you eat the whole cake? He replied, yes mommy Satan said you were lying and selfish.

The mother gave the child some medicine and his stomach felt better. Although the mother loved her child she decided to punish her child with no desserts for a week.

Comparison

In the story of Adam and Eve we know that Eve had at least some knowledge of good for she says that the fruit looked good to eat.

So just as the child was deceived and ate the entire cake and thus became sick, Eve and Adam were also deceived and thus became sick.

The child's punishment of living without earthly dessert lasted one week and then the child was able to return to having his desserts.

Adam and Eve's punishment was to spend one lifetime out of the garden and then be returned to it.

The knowledge of evil was a sickness that infected Adam and Eve just like eating too much cake caused a sickness in the child.

Although the 5 year old had no knowledge of the evil sickness that would come from eating the whole cake, he was certainly able to understand the cake was good and that his mother warned him not to eat the whole cake.

In a similar way Adam and Eve understood God's orders and saw that the fruit looked good, but they did not yet understand the effects of disobedience, evil.

The moral of the story

God's Laws can be stated simply, Love your neighbor as yourself, or do no harm to others.

When you break this law you are filled with a sickness that can only be cured by God's medicine. The only way to receive God's medicine is to repent and return to his law of not harming others.

Satan/Lucifer is not the good guy trying to give us some secret godly wisdom. He is trying to make us sick by having us consume what is bad for us.

God's Laws are not intended to burden or control us, his laws are given with the intent of protecting us from sickness in our soul.

Add - When you touch the fire to have knowledge of heat you get burnt by the flames.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

It all makes sense to me now!

God did not want Adam to know about Steve!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So what you are saying here is that you consider ATS to be a kindergarden Sunday school class?
Well maybe. But for me, you never answered your title question. Seems to me all you did was reiderate "that' knowledge is evil.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Y'all better stop readin' the little golden book then...and spreading evil...

Knowledge = evil
Ignorance = good

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

When Adam and Eve were created, they were without sin, so they were learning righteousness from God. The Knowledge of Good and Evil is something unrelated. Basically, the Knowledge of Good and Evil is what we know today as human arrogance: one man's good is another's evil. Its like the left/right political paradigm, divide and conquer.

So the Knowledge of Good and Evil is not something to be enjoyed in moderation. Just the smallest amount of leaven is enough to puff up the whole loaf.
edit on 27-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I am going to tell the story of Adam and Eve in the garden through a metaphor of a mother and child, since I think their minds were like those of little children.

Metaphor

One evening a mother baked a beautiful cake and set it on the counter. Her 5 year old came and said mommy can I have that cake.

The mother replied, you can have a piece of the cake tomorrow but you can't have the whole cake or you will get sick.

The next morning the child woke up before his mother and walked into the kitchen. As the child was gazing at the cake Satan came to the child and asked the child did your mother really say not to eat the whole cake?

The child replied yes, she said it would make me sick.

Satan replied that cake won't make you stick, your mother just doesn't want you to have it because she wants to keep it for herself. She knows that the cake is good to eat and she is being selfish.

The child looked at the cake, and it looked very good for eating. So the child ate the entire cake before his mother awoke.

By the time his mother awoke he was already feeling pain in his stomach. His mother asked, did you eat the whole cake? He replied, yes mommy Satan said you were lying and selfish.

The mother gave the child some medicine and his stomach felt better. Although the mother loved her child she decided to punish her child with no desserts for a week.

Comparison

In the story of Adam and Eve we know that Eve had at least some knowledge of good for she says that the fruit looked good to eat.

So just as the child was deceived and ate the entire cake and thus became sick, Eve and Adam were also deceived and thus became sick.

The child's punishment of living without earthly dessert lasted one week and then the child was able to return to having his desserts.

Adam and Eve's punishment was to spend one lifetime out of the garden and then be returned to it.

The knowledge of evil was a sickness that infected Adam and Eve just like eating too much cake caused a sickness in the child.

Although the 5 year old had no knowledge of the evil sickness that would come from eating the whole cake, he was certainly able to understand the cake was good and that his mother warned him not to eat the whole cake.

In a similar way Adam and Eve understood God's orders and saw that the fruit looked good, but they did not yet understand the effects of disobedience, evil.

The moral of the story

God's Laws can be stated simply, Love your neighbor as yourself, or do no harm to others.

When you break this law you are filled with a sickness that can only be cured by God's medicine. The only way to receive God's medicine is to repent and return to his law of not harming others.

Satan/Lucifer is not the good guy trying to give us some secret godly wisdom. He is trying to make us sick by having us consume what is bad for us.

God's Laws are not intended to burden or control us, his laws are given with the intent of protecting us from sickness in our soul.

Good thing us dummies have you two to tell us what all those bible stories mean. Otherwise, we might get tricked by damn Satan.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The moral of the story 

The Knowledge of Good and Evil corrupts man down to our very nature. Deeds of love are not enough to remedy the situation. That will only guarantee morality to preserve civility on a large scale. The only way to permanently fix the issue of fallen nature is to replace the fallen nature with a new one. This is where Christ comes in. He died to neutralize our fallen nature by paying the penalty for our sins in total, so that we could share His Divine Righteousness. In Christ we die to our old nature and we rise again...born again of spirit as a new creation.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The moral of the story 

The Knowledge of Good and Evil corrupts man down to our very nature. Deeds of love are not enough to remedy the situation. That will only guarantee morality to preserve civility on a large scale. The only way to permanently fix the issue of fallen nature is to replace the fallen nature with a new one. This is where Christ comes in. He died to neutralize our fallen nature by paying the penalty for our sins in total, so that we could share His Divine Righteousness. In Christ we die to our old nature and we rise again...born again of spirit as a new creation.

How flawed did an omnipotent, omniscient Source of all that is seen and unseen make the mach 1 creation?

Å99
edit on 27-9-2015 by akushla99 because: Correct

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

He didn't create a flawed creation. He gave His creation a choice: stick to righteousness or go the way of Satan.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

He didn't create a flawed creation. He gave His creation a choice: stick to righteousness or go the way of Satan.

Who's satan?

...Gods wayward creation?...same question...

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Satan was the being that got jealous of his creator. He desired to replace God and by doing so, he created the Knowledge of Good and Evil in his own heart.

Satan is not the victim here, nor were Adam and Eve or any of their descendants. God is the one who was betrayed. First by Satan, then by Eve, then Adam.
edit on 27-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

Who's satan?

...Gods wayward creation?...same question...

Å99

You very quickly get to a confronting question...How omnipotent, omniscient and any other 'omni' you can think of - are you willing to deny from the outset?

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Satan was the being that got jealous of His creator. He desired to replace God and by doing so, he created the Knowledge of Good and Evil in his own heart.

Satan is not the victim here, nor were Adam and Eve or any of their descendants. God is the one who was betrayed. First by Satan, then by Eve, then Adam.

...ergo - betrayal is not 'evil'?

Please make sense...I'm trying to have a relevant discussion here...

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sorry, could you rephrase your question?

Do you mean to say how could an omnipotent/omniscient etc God justify creating Satan and man knowing the outcome?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Satan was the being that got jealous of His creator. He desired to replace God and by doing so, he created the Knowledge of Good and Evil in his own heart.

Å99

Evil is betrayal of everything that is righteous and just. I'm afraid you're the one not making any sense. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming there is a language barrier between the two of us.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99 sorry to interrupt, but I have been following this thread and when it comes to the ''betrayal'' in question perhaps another way of saying it is, falling out of alignment with God. When you fail to have gratitude for being able to exist, you fail to be grateful for ''being'', ''existing'' experiencing the gift of being alive on a beautiful planet. Hmm... I hope I make sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Sorry, could you rephrase your question?

Do you mean to say how could an omnipotent/omniscient etc God justify creating Satan and man knowing the outcome?

That's assuming a fair bit of knowledge there...

God/Source has no need to justify anything...neither to itself, nor ANY of its creations...so there can be no challenge, of any sort, from any quarter...that is the meaning of Almighty...do you really believe it?

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

So what you are saying here is that you consider ATS to be a kindergarden Sunday school class?
Well maybe. But for me, you never answered your title question. Seems to me all you did was reiderate "that' knowledge is evil.

Knowledge isn't evil by itsel. But knowledge can be a sickness. When you touch the fire to have knowledge of heat you get burnt by the flames.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Å99

Explain to me how this makes sense...

"Satan is not the victim here, nor were Adam and Eve or any of their descendants. God is the one who was betrayed. First by Satan, then by Eve, then Adam."

Å99

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes, I believe God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, righteous, just, and sovereign. He doesn't have to answer to anyone.

What exactly is your question?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join