It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. support for Syria rebels illegal, Putin says ahead of Obama meeting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Hellas
a reply to: DJW001

Well, he just said what I thought he was going to say. He asked for Resolution to form an Anti-Isis alliance and that he's going to go forward with his plan to work with the legitimate Regime of Syria.

Which brings us back to my point: there is already an anti-Daesh alliance, which means that there will be two alliances, potentially leading to a proxy war. Iran is the only country that might be willing to join with Russia's alliance, which will definitely give the proxy war a sectarian coloring.

There will be just the Russian alliance. Not a second one and especially not a fake one like the one you mentioned. The US is sponsoring the so called rebels and that will stop, too.

Obama will have to let this one go, or face the consequences.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

What is it about Putin that encourages his supporters to talk like street toughs from a B movie? There is going to be one alliance because not even Iran is going to get mixed up in Putin's nonsense.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What is it about Putin that encourages his supporters to talk like street toughs from a B movie? There is going to be one alliance because not even Iran is going to get mixed up in Putin's nonsense.

So it's the overdramatized speech, that makes you chant USA!, USA!, that counts for you?
Maybe you should give more on the actions then the talk. Because the US seems to be full of talk but can't walk the walk.

Saying that Putin annexed Crimea, a "sovereign" country, and in the same breath calling for Assad's overthrowing, is ridiculous!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So it's the overdramatized speech, that makes you chant USA!, USA!, that counts for you?

I have never chanted USA! I don't trust when crowds start cheering. Mob mentality takes over, whether they're chanting USA or Ross-i-ya!

Maybe you should give more on the actions then the talk. Because the US seems to be full of talk but can't walk the walk.

The United States is paralyzed because they are afraid of repeating the mistakes they made in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation. Russia will ultimately be paralyzed for the same reason. Sure, they getting intel from Iraq now... do you think they are going to trust it? Or are they going to suspect Iraq is playing a double game?

Saying that Putin annexed Crimea, a "sovereign" country, and in the same breath calling for Assad's overthrowing, is ridiculous!

Crimea has not been a sovereign country for three hundred years. It was a Ukrainian oblast when Russia invaded it. Personally, I could care less whether Assad continues in power; the problem is, unless he is willing to hold a constitutional convention and referendum, at the very least, the civil was will continue and Syrians will continue to die. Putin might be able to persuade him of this, in which case Putin will be the peacemaker and a united front against Daesh will be possible. The problem with that is that Assad would know he was being written out of the story.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I agree with you sometimes common sense isnt so common these days.

Its what they tell us on CNN, Assad and Russia bad/ syrian rebels good.
Most people in the USA just believe whatever the TV tells them to believe without any critical thinking.
edit on 28-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Most people in the USA just believe whatever the TV tells them to believe without any critical thinking.

You mean like the Chinese sending their only aircraft carrier through the Suez Canal and only one person saw it?

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I agree, but if you are registered on ATS, then that means you should be able to see trough the BS that's being served to you by the MSM. But, if you come here and push the official story/explanations even more, than you have to question if that person has some utter agenda.

Too much ATS for me...
edit on 28-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

I agree, but if you are registered on ATS, then that means you should be able to see trough the BS that's being served to you by the MSM. But, if you come here and push the official story/explanations even more, than you have to question if that person has some utter agenda.

Too much ATS for me...

What about questioning the Russian MSM? Or is that not allowed? In any event, your agenda is clear and I respect that. At least you're not pretending to be a patriotic American like some folks.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
World War III ... coming soon to a country near you.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, the difference between you and me, is that I do not listen nor watch nor read any MSM. I don't care if it comes from the US, UK or Russia. Because it serves for their own agenda, and there's barely any valuable information coming from them. I use my own logic to understand what the heck is going on and i rely on my own research, since it's not like I have anything smarter to do.

I understand that's it's hard to change the belief you have about Putin and Russia since you have been fed up with straight lies since you were little.

I have been straight honest about my agenda. I'm fullheartedly opposing the western, especially the US foreign policy. Do i even have to explain why?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I use my own logic to understand what the heck is going on and i rely on my own research, since it's not like I have anything smarter to do.

Do your research pages end with ru by any chance?

I understand that's it's hard to change the belief you have about Putin and Russia since you have been fed up with straight lies since you were little.

That's right when someone doesn't agree that Putin is a demigod they were told lies growing up...Imagine that.

I have been straight honest about my agenda. I'm fullheartedly opposing the western, especially the US foreign policy. Do i even have to explain why?

I highly doubt that.

No explanation needed as we all know your stance.

Russia...good

US...bad, bad , bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Do your research pages end with ru by any chance?

I wish, that would mean i actually got paid for what I post here? I don't know how that stuff works, not as experienced as you are.

That's right when someone doesn't agree that Putin is a demigod they were told lies growing up...Imagine that.

I was actually talking about american opinion of Russia, but then again, your obsession with Putin is shining trough.

But anyway. If you don' see a connection between Saddam, Gaddafi, Putin and Assad then you are blind. Your media manages to pull off the SAME trick so many times, and yet you fall for them time after time. What's in common you wonder? Well, two things. 1. civil rights 2. satanization of them
edit on 28-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

will be following..

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Forced? Israeli's bomb Hezbollah in Syria and he does nothing about it because he knows shooting down their aircraft will be the end of him so you really think he'll touch NATO? We all remember Libya.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

It has to do with being hypocritical. Unless you are confused.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

you talk much but it seems your judgement is clouded. You say Assad goverment gasses entire neighbourhoods? Stop lying. Un reports clearly states the rebels used sarin on their own population . Who are the bad guys now huh. Easy to just split up the rebel factions in good and bad ones, but the goverment is one evil block you say. You think being under siege for close to five years by international-backed jihadi legions ( alongside the occasional ILLEGAL Israeli airstrike) is easy and goes without bloodshed?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DeusImperator

You say Assad goverment gasses entire neighbourhoods? Stop lying.

I suppose you're going to claim these were false flags:

Known fatal chemical attacks in Syria
March 2015: Chlorine suspected in attacks on four villages in Idlib province, including Sarmin - six dead, at least 206 people affected
April/May 2014: OPCW concludes chlorine attacks likely used in attacks on three villages in Idlib - 13 dead
21 August 2013: Sarin gas in attacks on two Damascus suburbs - between 200 and 1,400 dead
19 March 2013: Sarin gas attack on Aleppo - 19 dead

www.bbc.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So Iran just joined Russia in Syria against ISIS..

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So Iran just joined Russia in Syria against ISIS..

Iran was already in Syria. Now Russia and Iran can quarrel over who gets the spoils.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join