It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we harness the minds real capabilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What may be an age old question: can we access the minds true capabilities? There's so much we don't know about the minds capabilities it's stunning. There is in fact a reality to the saying mind over matter. The placebo effect is one of the most known effects by the power of the mind where one can literally take a pill that is nothing, sometimes a sugar pill or sometimes something else, but it's always just nothing at all yet people have reduces in pain from their our minds effect on the body because they believed they were taking something helpful, even when they know it's not helpful. I also believe people with cancer or other terminal conditions who stay positive and believe their going to make it often have better chances of making it, that being depressed can psychically lower your body's ability to fight.

Another aspect of the mind is that it can allow us to use our real strength if we were in a life or death situation, where we can pick up the ends of cars to save a friend, or maybe an angel is giving us a hand. Maybe not everyone has a hidden strength but it's definitely there. When people get electrocuted and fly throughout the air, which I think is a real thing, their own body is throwing themselves with massive power by all the muscles contracting at once.

Two other powers of the mind that I've experienced myself, one of which is slow motion. I don't say that as an exaggeration, it happened with me when a cop had a gun or taser pointed at me because I unfortunately got locked out of my house in the cold so I stupidly went into an empty house for shelter. Because of the life or death type of situation I thought it was I went into complete slow motion, no exaggerations at all. My mind sped up so fast that it felt like I slowly turned my head around to see who was coming in the door but in reality I know it was at normal or fast speed. My mind also blocked out what he was saying, I could see his mouth moving but couldn't hear anything, it was such an incredible state mind and alteration of time, of being fully in the zone processing reality much faster then normal.

The other anomaly with the mind or consciousness I experienced was when I went into a little trail of a lightly wooded area in complete darkness with a friend and a different friend of mine was back there when I came but he didn't know it was me so he stayed down the trail not far away an didn't say anything. I instantly had a feeling of being watched and that someone was looking at me, I literally felt his focus on me and then called out to someone I knew was there even tho i didn't. There's much to this reality and minds true power we don't know, what's possible and will we unlock some of the secrets
edit on 27-9-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9.30.2015 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo in title
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

I feel that certain abilities are naturally suppressed so we don't overload ourselves. If you have ever been pregnant, you will know that your senses of smell, taste and hearing become elevated. But it tends to make pregnant people a little loopy. I don't actually mean all out crazy, but these changes seem almost overwhelming.
I couldn't even eat off of plates or drink out of cups that were cleaned by a dish washing machine because the specific smell made me want to barf. I also never got very good sleep after my baby was born because I would wake up just before she would because I.could hear her breathing pattern change.
Not to mention I can't even enjoy horror movies anymore which use to be my favorite. My brain changed and my empathy for certain things have really amped up.
But I wouldn't change it for anything, thankfully my other sensitivities seemed to even out though.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

That reminds me of those people that lose one sense and get stronger in another

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess it does. Except super strenght sense of smell is nothing I ever care to experience again. Alot of stuff really stinks more than most people realize and the side effect of a super sniffer is queasiness and vomiting.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think certain thing can be tuned in though, my hubby naturally listens to his inner guidance? And it literally saved his life. He quit a job at Terrace Bay mill, he said every fiber of his being was telling him to gtfo. The very next work day there was an explosion right in the area where he was working. Unfortunately a young fellow from Terrace Bay who was working in the same area died. When I found out I lost my # and started crying, I am so greatful he listens to his internal guide.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think it would be a question would be how would you "Harness it?"

Would a gut feeling be like something of a sensory, over load, breaker of sorts?
edit on 27-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

People's lifestyles today run contradictory to listening to intuition in my opinion. This could also be the reason for high amounts of mental illness. When you don't follow your internal guide you will suffer the consequences mentally and physically. That is just my personal observation and opinion though. Plus people are indoctrinated to society and to not follow it means that most people will treat you badly.
Plus, some may have a more intuitive nature than others.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Glad to hear that, spirit guides had his back

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

So am I, he told me that throughout his life when he didn't listen to his internal guidance it never ended well.
On another occurance he decided he had to come home from working out of town. He could have stayed and got paid the whole week to do nothing since the job had come to a standstill, but he told me that he really felt the need to come home. There was a very wet snowfall happening and it was a bit dangerous and as he was leaving Dryden, he found a guy near Wabigoon on the side of the road and he was beaten up pretty bad and he was pretty much hypothermic. The guy said nobody stopped to help or give him a ride, he had even fallen asleep in the ditch for a while and the guy said that he probably saved his life.
It might have been a coincidence, but my hubby said he just had the feeling that he had to go. So he bought the guy a big meal and drove him as far as our city. I'd like to think that maybe something special guided him to help the man in need.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yea, people get distracted by a number of things, that it might be harder for them to have a better intuition or instinct, but these things can't really be taught to hone or sharpen. They can only have guidelines really, never direct but open to a number of things probably due to the multiple amount personalities, or even ways to even try to learn.

I wouldn't doubt this inner guide, or the conscience, is responsible for the feelings of instinct or intuition, that our subconscious, acts like an organic processor, computing or even mentally manifesting our every breath or move. Much like Deja Vu, where one gets the feeling someones been at that specific moment before, but has no memory of even doing it till it happens in a setting where one not accustomed too at all.

I've never really had a gut feeling before, but I've had my personal moments of experiencing instinct.

As for mental illness, when bad habits become a bad habit, they are hard to break, and feelings can cause a lot of trouble as well.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have always been interested in placebos because of what you mentioned, and I think that you can do anything you believe you can do... But you have to really believe you can do it... And these beliefs are affected by the people around us as well... So you have to use others beliefs as well to do something considered impossible, as long as other people are present. I believe in miracles

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ResearchNOWknowledge

100 percent. The mind is capable of things we don't know of, some people aren't even aware of even some of the things mentioned above. The power of belief and/or positivity is very much a real thing

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was briefly discussing this with a co-worker and was talking about rituals, seeing as she has a friend that claims to be a pagan... So anything you do, if you put meaning behind it, can become a ritual. And enhance your beliefs helping aid the reason for the ritual... So do you think that the head pastor or priest or rabbi could use the hymns or prayers of their followers for their own agenda? By having their own beliefs of the words they speak compared to the followers... Or would the followers beliefs still hold the basic meaning held by themselves... Or mayb they both work?

new topics

top topics

join