It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on my Child's school *credible threat level for tomorrow 9/27/15*

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The OP can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the first threat this school has had to deal with.

They don't want to start a precedence.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

so glad my kids are grown all grown up and out of school (well one has gone back to college) but they are passed grade school and high school.....to the one who started this thread...hope it is a false alarm and nothing comes of it...

good to get input from others....think about it, go with your insticts

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The OP can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure this is the first threat this school has had to deal with.

They don't want to start a precedence.

Ah, so you aren't saying school shooting rumors are a weekly occurence, you meant that in their minds they justify not suspending school " because they'd have to close it every week for rumors."

A complete exaggeration.

Got it now. I am often slow on the uptake, so don't think I am blaming you for not making it apparent what you meant.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I wondered about that too, I mean if they know who it is, then why the police heavy presence all week? Getting ready o shower and go down to speak with the school.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes you are right to my knowledge. WE do have Senators and Congressmens family, Grandkids at our little school. Heck my Grandpa used to go to this school, back in the day the kids would take their shotguns and riffles with them to go hunting before and after school. They would leave them at the front door of the office and pick them up when they leave...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

My kids and I laughed about that last night, said everyone BUT the shooter would be armed... Times have really changed in this sleepy little hollow. This is the kind of place where men look each other in the eye, and a handshake means everything.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok off to shower and face the day, I promise to come back when I find out more. No Mom loves their children more, so I am nervous as hell because we here have to live according to the worst case scenarios of the big cities. The schools are being pared against the better judgement of parents and seem to think the less we know the better. I hate that!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So the teen was sending out FB messages over the weekend simply telling individuals "You're Safe"

So far we do not have any real answers due to privacy issues, but from what I understand from the Kids is that his family is pretty messed up and drugs are rampant in his home life to which he brags about proudly.

Of course he was not at school yesterday and they do not plan to see him any time soon. As for the "heavy police presence" that was truly laughable, one quite heavy set older desk jockey type LEO who sat munching away most of the day in one far corner of the parking lot away from the high school where the threat came from. At one point they did see another officer in the hallways for a few minutes.

One teen was told that if he would get him some armor piercing rounds, he would not shoot him... He also told several people that he did not intend to shoot "Fat people"...

I have advised my Children and their friends to take the high road on this and to not engage in a mob mentality or talk about him other than that he needs serious help.

So with all the prewarnings, seems it was a cry for help, because a plan something like this, they would not say a word to anyone which makes sense, sort of like when people proclaim suicide as a cry for help. None of mine or their friends have this illness of mind and spirit, thank fully, just saying...

The only question in my mind privately is wondering if this kid was the ring leader in this? Was there a second person he got this from or was he a lone wolf? Could he have been the big mouthed loose end to another plan? Oh I pray that is not so.

As for pulling the kids from school, well if a shooter has intent they will do it anywhere, so you have to live your life not live in terror. Insanity can happen any where any time.

Just an update with some thoughts for anyone interested.

Also it has come out that the kid brags about shooting cats, seems this is right in line with a psychopath... oh he also has talked about his dream of joining the army so that he can kill!

Is it possible to help someone at this point? Will in house therapy help or hurt? Will our school and community ever be safe again?
edit on am930amTue, 29 Sep 2015 09:37:01 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Kind of 'seems' to me that they are keeping this on the down low, which may be a good way to keep it from happening again in the future, I mean if it is an attention seeking type situation, then not giving it energy may be best. It does suck any way you look at it. Life can be so great. People are awesome, this situation is the exception not the rule around these parts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

thanks for letting us know

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join