It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of it all

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure where I want to go with this rant, but I know I've had about enough of this crap.

I'm so tired of the right versus left, republican versus democrat, my side is better than yours Bs.

I see that both sides of our political arena are so corrupted, and are so intricately intwined as to be ultimately indistinguishable from one another on any real tangible level that to say that we have any true choice as to who governs us is just ludicrous. Sure, there are some minor differences, abortions, gay marriage, etc, but they all serve the same corporate oligarchic master in the end result, this has been proven many times over the last hundred years or so.

Why are you people fighting so hard for democrats and republicans? Don't you see what you are playing into? Are you really that simple?

I just don't get why we as a people are just laying down and voting ourselves into oblivion every freaking election cycle in this country over talking points and lesser of two evils.

You liberals, YOU SUCK! You conservatives, YOU SUCK!

Get together people. Realize your choices all suck, or die alone.

So tired of this crap

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh they haven't even gotten warmed up yet. Brains will be exploding by the time January rolls around. Spontaneous combustion will follow.

It's always the same old song and dance. People start out (the smart ones anyway) KNOWING that it's the same old song and dance but wind up getting sucked in anyway. It's insanity.

The only way to win is to quit playing the game entirely.

That's never going to happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I do not suck.

Thank you very much.

pfffffft.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There are some people on this site who completely ignore its motto all the time when it comes to bashing the "other" side. I'm not going to name any names but those who follow those sorts of threads know who I'm talking about. It's extremely frustrating to see people so absorbed in the political bull#, it's all just a big scam and charade to keep us from talking about the real issues. Neither side has ANY of our interests in mind, only their own selfish interests.

Liberals and Conservatives who vilify the other side are so delusional that they can't see that they're being played so hard by those in power and their media lap dogs.

ETA: I see one has joined in.

edit on 9/27/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well said! The people with money that actually run things have their own agenda. Democrat or Republican it doesn't matter they're gonna suck. Politics in this country are f*****.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well if people want to get technical here.

There are clear ideological differences between the two sides. That is clear as day.

But the thing that makes them 'seem' to be the same is that piece of paper called the US constitution.

Without it guess what this country would look like.

And to extend this conversation a tad bit further.

American politics is about perception. With both sides trying to convince the other they are better.

Hey now nothing wrong with debate as this site would be rather boring with everyone agreeing with each other.

And truth be told ?

If people don't like political threads ?

Don't read them. ATS has lot of other stuff like threads that say Christianity is a Death cult.

Back to blaming the evil corporations.........
edit on 27-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I believe I know what you are trying to say, and I agree - completely.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does it not seem to be obvious that if we go back in time and live without all the propaganda of today such as cell phones, electricity, automobiles... actually socializing together with our neighbors and not by computers, placing home economics back into the educational system,, well you get where I'm going, that the power goes back into our hands?
I mean cell phones, computers, electricity, automobiles, and such should be left to those who work in the medical field as well as the educational field and places of employment.
I know it is far fetched but we're dumbed down and its our own fault.
We made the choice (consumers) and I know at this point they will not allow us to change our minds.
I'm just rambling I suppose.
reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WHISPER4BUDDY

Wouldn't make any difference.

American politics has been the same Ole, same Ole for over two centuries.

The conversations we are having today are the same conversations our parents, and grandparents, and their great grand parents all the way back to Jefferson, and Washington.

The more things 'change' the more they stay the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Agreed 100%...

Same crap, different shovel...

“Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.” Joseph Stalin

The synthetic Hegelian solution to all these conflicts can't be introduced unless we all take a side that will advance the agenda. ~ Niki Rapaana

In propaganda this called a false dilemma. As in reality you can be with both, against both, be neutral with one and with/against the other. All in all, there is many more choices. But people usually fall into the trap and choose one or the other. www.crossroad.to...

Would-be global rulers cannot physically control six and a half billion humans. Therefore, they must use secrecy and deceit. Keep the human herd ignorant and fighting with each other. Divide and conquer – it’s the oldest tactic in the book. And it’s relatively easy if you control the major academic institutions, the political parties and the major mass media (a mere five multinational corporations with interlocking directorships today control everything we see and hear. ~ Jim Marrs

Do The Global Elite Conceal Ancient Aliens?

edit on 27-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I know people on both sides of the fence that would vote for a cold turd on a platter as long as it was their side.
It's as bad as bad as the unwavering devotion of football fans to a particular team.
I do not understand it. I've given up trying.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I know people on both sides of the fence that would vote for a cold turd on a platter as long as it was their side.
It's as bad as bad as the unwavering devotion of football fans to a particular team.
I do not understand it. I've given up trying.

You might as well give up trying. Whoever votes for someone because of a letter that resides behind their name deserves EXACTLY what they get.

The only problem with that??

Me and mine have to get it too.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It's extremely frustrating to see people so absorbed in the political bull#, it's all just a big scam and charade to keep us from talking about the real issues. Neither side has ANY of our interests in mind, only their own selfish interests.
Liberals and Conservatives who vilify the other side are so delusional that they can't see that they're being played so hard by those in power and their media lap dogs.

ETA: I see one has joined in.

It is all just a big scam and the game is in fact rigged, but to say no one has our interest in mind isn't true. I mean at least 90 percent of them are lunatics in my mind but there are people who are real, who are actually of truth and have wormed their way into the dirty game called politics. It may be rare but they do exist and it is real, people like JFK and how he wouldn't go to war and wanted to make it so money could be issued outside the bankers of the federal reserve, they do exist and all it takes is one of these good guys and trick their way into the spot and blow the lid of truth. JFK also gave that famous speech about the dangers of secret society. In my opinion Bernie sanders isn't for an agenda of his own, isn't paid for by corporations etc. The game is still rigged at the top of course but it just takes one person to make the country realize what's going on and how things should be. Like how some years ago Ron Paul always talked about cutting defense spending, Im pretty sure sanders is the only one running off the notion of the middle class being killed and the 1% growing, that we could have free health care like other countries etc. And he now passed Hillary by ten and twenty percent in two states, so the game is rigged but people are waking up, I do believe there are rare ones like Bernie that actually care and aren't bought

edit on 27-9-2015 by Telepathy3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I'm not sure where I want to go with this rant, but I know I've had about enough of this crap.

I'm so tired of the right versus left, republican versus democrat, my side is better than yours Bs.

I see that both sides of our political arena are so corrupted, and are so intricately intwined as to be ultimately indistinguishable from one another on any real tangible level that to say that we have any true choice as to who governs us is just ludicrous. Sure, there are some minor differences, abortions, gay marriage, etc, but they all serve the same corporate oligarchic master in the end result, this has been proven many times over the last hundred years or so.

Why are you people fighting so hard for democrats and republicans? Don't you see what you are playing into? Are you really that simple?

I just don't get why we as a people are just laying down and voting ourselves into oblivion every freaking election cycle in this country over talking points and lesser of two evils.

You liberals, YOU SUCK! You conservatives, YOU SUCK!

Get together people. Realize your choices all suck, or die alone.

So tired of this crap

I agree with most of what you said. Most "developed" countries only have a few major parties, as well. My belief is that it's designed that way because it's easier to bribe the major leaders of 1-3 parties than 30-40. And if those 1-3 major parties are in agreement over something, the public has no say in the matter.

However, why you gotta say us libs suck? Huh? Huh? HUH?! (gives a crazy anime-style angry face, complete with veins popping out, my eyebrows scrunched up, and completely white eyes)
edit on 27-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: edited something because i can

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Why do politicians have to have more loyalty to their parties than to the people?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The choices may very well all suck, but the core issues underlying them are of paramount importance. Just the few things that you listed as the "minor" differences ( Abortion and gay marriage ) are issues that carry profound implications in ways far beyond just the patina of what is inferred by just the descriptor ( Gay marriage/civil rights, abortion/low income healthcare-female reproductive rights-the Separation clause )

Speaking for myself at least, I have a pretty well-rounded set of interests and pastimes that mostly have nothing to do with politics. I'll even readily admit that I have no attachment at all to the word "Democrat". The current Democratic message is simply the one that closest matches my own moral and intellectual feelings about social issues. If the parties flip-flopped tomorrow, as they've done in the past, I'd gladly shift the generic label without a second thought.

However my primary drive, at this point in my life, is a deep desire to do all that I can to make sure that my children are left with a society that is as functional as it can possibly be, given the circumstances. Simply shrugging and saying "Meh, why bother. It's a rigged game anyway" just isn't in my cards. The fight might well be lost and pointless, but I am going down swinging nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Seems they have accomplished exactly what they wanted, they drove you to the point of insanity!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I want the government to leave me alone because all their choices suck. By default, that makes me an evil, greedy conservative.

Even telling people that I want them to butt out assigns me a side.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
But it's fun, I'm a member of a few forums where the majority of members agree on mostly everything it's plain and dull.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join