It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified lights filmed over New Hampshire

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The url from the Concord Patch article didn't work, so I am posting it again for anyone that is interested.

patch.com...

Thank you again for hearing me out.
edit on 27-9-2015 by MikePittaro74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Awesome stuff guys, really made my afternoon.

I also want to add the reflection from the light in the bottom right is seen through tree branches shaking lightly in a breeze, giving the further effect of winking and blinking as the light is filtered by the branches and leaves.

The part that sealed it for me was the guys head blocking the light as he passed in front of the camera.

Whether or not he filmed this in the open or behind a plastic or glass (say an open door) could explain the sheen and other lights appearing smeared as they pass by, (autos).

Have no idea why anyone would come here and defend an obvious hoax.

Sorry, Mike Pittaro. Have to call it as I see it.

edit on 27-9-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Yep this is the exact one I was thinking about. This one was hard to debunk.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Holy crap this one just showed up on Drudge report after you debunked it!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MikePittaro74

Hi Mike, thanks for signing-up and weighing in on the thread, your feedback on this event is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The part that sealed it for me was the guys head blocking the light as he passed in front of the camera.

Not only did the brightest orb glitch, but the entire frame did as well. I think that particular effect was caused by the AGC in the camera, since the head going by below changed the overall picture metering that caused the AGC to re-calibrate the intensity. Still not convinced that there might be an issue of this being filmed behind glass or plastic, but if that were true the camera would have to stay the exact same distance from it or the supposed reflected image would skew noticeably as he jittered the camera.
edit on 27-9-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Still not convinced that there might be an issue of this being filmed behind glass or plastic, but if that were true the camera would have to stay the exact same distance from it or the supposed reflected image would skew noticeably as he jittered the camera.

If lens flare, i.e., reflection from light source (out of view of CCD) striking the lens, then those light images in the sky would move with the hand held camera. But they remain fixed in the image, leading me to believe the reflection is actually off a clear surface (such as an open door) in front of the camera.

The fogginess of passing headlights bolsters that, a "sheen" on the glass or plastic surface from grease or cleaner.

Edit to add: Plenty of hoaxers have used reflection off glass to show blinking lights or light fixtures, difference between those videos and here is the source of light is in the room behind the videographer. In this case the light is just off view and in front of the camera and plastic or glass (the distant street lamp).

edit on 27-9-2015 by intrptr because: Edit to add:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2015 by Scamzarilla because: Wrong thread and I dont know how to remove

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I also want to add the reflection from the light in the bottom right is seen through tree branches shaking lightly in a breeze, giving the further effect of winking and blinking as the light is filtered by the branches and leaves.

Whether or not he filmed this in the open or behind a plastic or glass (say an open door) could explain the sheen and other lights appearing smeared as they pass by, (autos).

Have no idea why anyone would come here and defend an obvious hoax.

Sorry, Mike Pittaro. Have to call it as I see it.

Could it not have been just an honest mistake rather than a deliberate hoax? I cannot fathom why he would have logged on here to talk about it if it were something he did purposefully...that part just makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hi Mike,

Please answer my question.

originally posted by: game over man

How come you completely left out the most important part of how the orbs left the scene?

Thank you

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Um, if u didn't intend for the video to be shared with the general public, why would you post it one of the biggest social media conglomerates there is?

The photos and video were never intended for the general public. They were shared with close friends on Facebook because we both (my wife and I) felt the event was amazing, but spooky at the same time, and felt our close friends would be interested in what we filmed.)

Quite frankly, I find that really hard to believe and am quite skeptical of the entire story.

Again, when you say things like this, but then go sofar as to sign up on ATS bc people here are smart and can smell a hoax a mile away, it's fishy.

My wife and I live a very quiet life together, and we DID NOT want ANY of the footage to reach the public. Quite frankly, I don't want to be known as some crazy 'NH Man That Chases lights in the sky

I don't think you need to be worried about being known for chasing lights, but being seen as someone willing to go to great lengths to attempt to make a video go viral...

Think Occam's Razor.

Sorry, just find the ENTIRE story to be BS.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I watched the debunk vid..

Maybe Im wrong but if it was a lens flair wouldnt it move as his camera shakes and moves?

When his camera shakes and moves, it stays in the exact same spot

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Maybe Im wrong but if it was a lens flair wouldnt it move as his camera shakes and moves?

Good catch! I don't know the answer to that but that was a very good observation...and a good question too.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I cannot fathom why he would have logged on here to talk about it if it were something he did purposefully…that part just makes no sense.

Same reason he put it up on line in the first place. Who does that? You got me.

Imagine little kids, running around the neighborhood ringing door bells, hiding in the bushes and snickering…

What concerns me more are the kind of people that wage war on whole countries, dropping bombs on places where people live, then going home and sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Filming it through glass or plastic would account for that. Like holding a door open at a store and filming from inside the store, looking through the glass? Maybe a sheltered bus stop? It 'appears' he's outside…

gotta be slick nowadays to come up with some new hoax.
edit on 28-9-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey Everyone,

I just want to thank everyone for weighing in on the footage; I really appreciate it. I've been searching through my backup to find the second video I shot, where I stood behind the tree to try and verify whether it was a lense flare from the lamp post. I finally found that video.

The object is still present in the second video (the perspective is different as well), so take it for what it is I guess (i.e glare, a weather phenomenon, etc). The new video has been posted to our Flickr account.

I'm also glad I posted here; I was told that a lot of experts from many different fields frequent here, and getting some kind of answer would be far more likely than anywhere else.

Here's the link to the second video I mentioned earlier:
flic.kr...

Thank you, again; my wife and I appreciate the professional candor and the effort everyone put into analyizing the original
footage.

Edit: added 2nd video URL from Flickr account
edit on 28-9-2015 by MikePittaro74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I didn't see any orbs leaving the scene. Is it somewhere in the video? Can you provide a time stamp where it happens?

edit on 28-9-2015 by MikePittaro74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've seen major UFO activity near concord. In this case I suspect it might have something to do with the military as they have an airbase nearby with a sophisticated electronics warfare helicopter

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Last night Coast To Coast AM had a hogwash purveyor who offered up a theory that UFOs were psychic phenomena wherein the human mind was somehow creating them. His theories didn't go over too well and listener interest was low. I'm not overly impressed by floating orbs that seem to hover or move slowly in the sky. They can be balloons or drones with lights attached. These were high up but still they didn't move. Had they shown extreme speed, then that's harder to explain, except by trickery. Multiple eye witnesses and videos helps, too. I saw a pattern of two white lights about two years ago, one large and one smaller right behind it. Close enough to seem to be from one craft in that they had the same speed and moved in the same direction. They seemed to be heading straight up into the atmosphere and then accelerated and just vanished. From a speed that wasn't fast enough to be a shooting star but way too fast to be a jet. That was no drone or balloon.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thanks. It's interesting to see this second video and nice of you to share it, and that you tried to account for glare in it. That said, the right method to verify it wasn't used - all you needed to do was cover the lamp post area with your finger/hand and it would have instantly shown you if it was lens flare. Simply standing back further doesn't help, the light is still clearly shining brightly in your direction for the duration of this video, with nothing blocking it.

So whilst I personally feel it's good that you tried to confirm it, it just wasn't quite the right way of doing so. You're not obliged to try and prove it is or isn't, but if you wanted to, just go back to the same spot around the same time (when the light is on) and a) see if it's there and b) if it is, wave hand in front of the area (on film) with the light in it to be sure. That'd be a sure way to put our debunking under fire!

There's also another big telltale sign of it being glare, and that's the light in the new video (and previous one) that is jumping around on the left of the screen. That's confirmation that the lens is suffering some kind of glare from some source. The jumping light 1) although quite hard to see without going frame by frame, is also pretty much the same shape as the main object in question and 2) in the initial zoom you can see that jumping light seems to move out from the actual object in question. I'm not saying those points prove or deny anything, but they do offer some clues.

Ultimately, questions still remain that neither video is quite able to answer. One things for sure, Best Buy got some decent free advertising this weekend

EDIT: Just to add, there's a slim chance it would be glare from ANY of the nearby lights, including the one attached to best buy and the one I presume is nearby possibly above you to the right. The one behind the tree is the main suspect, but to be sure you'd need to move your hand around and try and block all direct sources of light reaching the lens (which could be quite a few by the looks of it). Seeing it in HD I guess I can't say with absolute certainty that it is lens flare/reflections etc, but with some of the camera movements correlating to when the object changes shape etc, and many light sources, I'm still more in favor of that explanation myself.
edit on 28-9-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join