It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestles - I Am No Longer Sure They Deserve Us As Consumers, Are You?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Nestles - I Am No Longer Sure They Deserve Us As Consumers, Are You?

I realize this is probably old news, in fact I was told that the information has already been posted here so I want to be sure and give credit to this thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

so I found this on Facebook and it really gets my blood boiling, how can he say water is not a human right, it's a right of every living thing on this planet. We need water to live and survive it's the life of our planet.

Not sure why or how I missed this, but this guy really ticks me off. The nerve to think that a natural resource should be privatized is arrogance at it's corporate finest. Maybe you missed it to, so I decided to ask permission to post this OP as a refresher to the subject.

Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized

Former Nestle CEO claims water is not a human right and should be privatized and controlled. He also states that GMOs have never caused illnesses despite hundreds of independent studies showing otherwise.

So, is water a free and basic human right, or should all the water on the planet belong to major corporations?

Should the poor who cannot afford to pay these said corporations suffer from starvation due to their lack of financial wealth?

According to Peter Brabeck-Letmathe the former CEO and now Chairman of the largest food product manufacturer in the world, corporations should own all the water on the planet and you’re not getting any unless you pay.

Water. We need it to survive. What we don't need to survive are the over 2000 products that are manufactured by these jerks at Nestle.

Everyone on this planet should reconsider the benefits of every single product these douche-bags and any company they are associated with across the entire world have to offer us.

I took the time to list just a few of the products and companies that they are responsible for inflicting us humans with. I am not sure if many of you realize the worldwide impact this company has, but after you read this list, perhaps it will dawn on you, we use a lot of their products and I am just not so sure they deserve us as consumers.

I realize they are not alone in the corporate greed department, but I didn't hear of any other companies calling for the privatization of a natural resource, what is next, AIR?

*Cereal*
Cheerios, Chocapic, Cini Minis, Clusters,Cookie Crisp, Crunch, Curiously Cinnamon, Curiously Strawberry, Estrelitas, Force Flakes, Gold Flakes, Golden Grahams, Golden Morn, Golden Nuggets, Honey Stars, Koko Krunch, Lion Cereal, Milo cereals, Nesquik Breakfast Cereal, Nestlé Corn Flakes, Shreddies.

*Coffee*
Bonka, Buondi, Christina, Dolca, Dolce Gusto, Ecco, El Chaná, International Roast, Kirma, Loumidis, Mountain Blend, Nescafé,
Nespresso, Partner's Blend, Ricoffy, Ricoré, Ristretto, Sical, Sunrise,Taster's Choice, Tofa, Zoégas.

*WATER*
Aberfoyle, Acqua Panna, Al Manhal, Alaçam, Aqua D'Or, Aqua Mineral, Aqua Pod, Aqua Spring, Aquarel, Arctic, Arrowhead, Baraka, Buxton, Cachantun, Calistoga, Carola, Charmoise, Ciego Montero, Contrex, Cristalp, Da Shan YunNan Spring, Dar Natury, Deep Spring, Deer Park, Eco de los Andes, Erikli, Frische Brise, Fürst Bismarck, Gerber, Ghadeer Glaciar, Henniez, Hépar, Hidden Spring, Ice Mountain, Κorpi, La Vie, Levissima, Los Portales, Minéré, Montclair, Nałęczowianka, Nestlé Selda, Nestlé Vera, Neuselters, Ozarka, Pejo, Perrier, Petrópolis, Plancoët, Poland Spring, Porvenir, Powwow, Pure Life/Pureza Vital/Vie Pure, QuézacRecoaro, Saint-Lambert, Sainte-Alix, San Bernardo, San Pellegrino,
Santa Bárbara, Santa Maria, São Lourenço, Sohat, Springs, Theodora, Valvert, Viladrau, Vittel, Water Line, Waterman, Zephyrhills.

*Other Drinks*
Carnation, Caro, Chocolate D'Onofrio, Chuckie, Enviga (joint- venture with Coca-Cola, Beverage Partners Worldwide), Good Host,
Growers Direct Organic Fruit Juices, Ideal, Libby's, Milo, Nescao, Nescau, Nesfruta, Nesquik, Nestea (joint-venture with Coca-Cola, Beverage Partners Worldwide), Nestomalt, Ovaltine, Sjora, Ski up and go, Supligen, Sweet Leaf Tea, Vascolet.

*Ice cream*
Åhusglass, Aino, Camy, Connoisseur, D'Onofrio, Делта, Δέλτα, Dibs, Dreyer's, Drumstick, Edy's, Eskimo, Frigor, Frisco, Fruit Selection Yogurt, Häagen-Dazs, Heaven, Hjem-IS, Kimo, Kimy, Kotijäätelö, Maxibon, Mivvi, Motta, Mövenpick, Nestlé Drumstick - The Original Sundae Cone, Nestlé Ice Cream, Nestlé Princessa, Oreo, Outshine, Peters, Pingviini, Push-Up, Savory, Schöller, Skinny Cow, Sorbetes, Temptations,
Underground, zer0% Fat.

*Infant Foods*
Alfare, Beba, Bona, Cérélac, Farinha Láctea, FM 85, Gerber, Good Start, Guigoz, Lactogen, Nan, NAN HA, NanSoy, NaturNes, Neslac, Nestlé, Nestogen, Nestum, Nido, Piltti, PreNan.

*Healthcare Nutrition*
Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast, Compleat, Crucial, Diabetisource, Fibersource, Glytrol, Impact, Isosource,
Meritene, Modulen, Nutren, Optifast, Optifibre, Peptamen, Resorb, Resource.

*Frozen Food*
Buitoni, California Pizza Kitchen Frozen, Delissio Pizza, DiGiorno Pizza, Hot Pockets, Jack's Pizza, La Cocinera, Lean Cuisine, Lean Pockets, Papa Giuseppe, Stouffer's, Tombstone Pizza, Wagner Pizza.

*Refrigerated Products*
Buitoni, Herta, Katie's Pizza, Nestlé Toll House Chocolate.

*Confectionery and Baked Goods*
100 Grand Bar, Abuelita, Aero, After Eight, Allen's, Animal Bar, Baby Ruth, Bertie Beetle, Big Turk, Bon Pari, Butterfinger, Butterfinger Bites, Butterfinger Crisp, Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfinger Snackerz, Cailler, Capri, Caramac, Carlos V, Charge, Chips Ahoy!, Chocolate Surpresa, Chokito, Cocosette, Coffee Crisp, Chunky, D'Onofrio, Damak, Drifter, Fizzfindle, Frigor, Galak/Milkybar, Goobers, Heaven,
Hercules Bars, Icebreakers, Joff, JOJO, Kit Kat, Lion, Lollo, Matchmakers, Milky Bar, Minties, Mirage Moça, Munch, Munchies, Negrita, Nestlé Alpine White, Nestlé Crunch, Nestlé Crunch Crisp, Nestlé Crunch Pieces, Nestlé Crunch White, Nestlé Crunch with Caramel,
Nestlé Crunch with Peanuts, Nestlé Milk Chocolate, Nestlé Nips, Nestlé Princessa, Nestlé with Almonds, Nestlé Wonder Ball, Nestlé Yes, Nuts, Oh Henry!, Orion, Peppermint Crisp, Perugina Baci, Polo, Prestígio, Princessa, Quality Street, Raisinets, Rolo, Sensação, Smarties, Snowcaps,
Suflair, Sundy, Super 8, Susy, Svitoch, Szerencsi, Tango, Tango Mini Galletas, Texan Bar, Toffee Crisp, Toll House cookies, Trencito, Violet Crumble, Walnut Whip.

*Wonka Confectionery Brands*
Bottle Caps, Donutz, Fizzy Jerks, FruiTart Chews, Fun Dip, Gobstoppers, Laffy Taffy, Lik-M-Aid, Nerds, Nerds Gumballs, Nerds Rope, Oompas, Pixy Stix, Rainbow Nerds, Runts, SweeTarts, SweeTarts Rope, SweeTarts Shockers, Tart 'n' Tinys, Thrills, Wonka Bars, Wonka Xploders, Yorkie,
XXX mints.

*Petcare*
Alpo, Bakers, Bakers Complete, Beneful, Bonnie, Cat Chow, Castor & Pollux, Chef Michael's Canine Creations, Dog Chow, Fancy Feast, Felix, Friskies, Go Cat, Gourmet, Merrick, Mighty Dog, Mon Petit, ONE, Pro Plan, Purina, PetLife, Ruffs, Supercoat, Tidy Cats, totalcare, Winalot, Zukes.

I can live without any of these products. Can you? Let Your Conscience Guide You!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There are plenty of natural resources that are already privatized, oil being just one example. Not saying that I agree with what this guy said because I don't, but we seem to forget that everything in this world is inherently free, only man has dictated that they are not through man made law.

Nestle is one of the most evil companies in my opinion, they are basically a monopoly on our food supply. Not completely, but almost. Just look at your list of everything they own.
edit on 9/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I looked through the list here, and so far I don't see anything that I use regularly.
I think I have some really old cocoa powder, but that's about it.
not, I repeat NOT a fan of Nestle.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Great thead op, thanks for helping others open there eyes to greed in this day and age.

I am still baffled by people paying for bottled water, i dont understand how people are ok with buying aomething that most of us get from the tap.

Heres hoping we can make these greedy corporations lose money by boy oting there products.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Does Canada add fluoride to the tap water? The US does and the Nazis before the U.S. Maybe one of the 10,000 Nazis that signed on after WWII thought it would work good here too..

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Well, it's good to know after looking through all those products that I don't use any of them. Considering this Nestle idiot's comments, I will make damn sure it stays that way

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has tried to claim oxygen and charge for it. Seriously. In terms of survival, water is second only to oxygen.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A while back Nestle tried to buy Ferrero, maker of Nutella. So far, it hasn't happened. But Nestle hasn't done their company any favors by making these horribly hostile comments. Absurd.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just told my wife. We will not buy any NESTLE product ever again. F#CK YOU NESTLE !

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If Nestle thinks that water should be privatized, then why don't they step up and start paying for it? If they think there is a market for purchased water, marked up for resale, then lets see them pay for some. They collect water essentially for free.

I think the water costs less than the containers it is sold in. So of course they would explore the possibility of piping water directly to its consumers homes. And of course the maintenance for the infrastructure would still be paid for by city taxes, paid by the consumers.

This is capitalism! How did we think this was going end up?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My wife and I did a little reading into the Nestle company years ago.

There are very few companies we would consider evil. Nestle is one of them.

Their business practices and the crap they have gotten away with over the years is scary.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Canned air.
Coming soon.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oil requires digging and wells to find it and if you own the land you own the oil rights, not the same as water in this instance. If you own the land the water well is drilled into then that is your private water, also, not the same as this instance.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I didn't hesitate to enjoy many of these products, but not anymore. I do see them in a completely different light now, and it is decidedly a much darker light.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I am not advocating a boycott, as much as I am trying to open eyes to the lack of respect they have for us as consumers. Should you find yourself in the grocery store and are given a choice of products to use, it would not hurt my feelings at all if the one you chose to buy was not produced by the evil corporation aka Nestle.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Canned air.
Coming soon.

Um...........it's kind of here already.

www.usoxygensales.com...

www.lincare.com...

edit on 26-9-2015 by InTheShadows because: NM

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Does Canada add fluoride to the tap water? The US does and the Nazis before the U.S. Maybe one of the 10,000 Nazis that signed on after WWII thought it would work good here too..

en.wikipedia.org...

Canada - The decision whether to fluoridate lies with local governments, with guidelines set by provincial, territorial, and federal governments. Brantford, Ontario became the first city in Canada to fluoridate its water supplies in 1945.[86] In 1955, Toronto approved water fluoridation, but delayed implementation of the program until 1963 due to a campaign against fluoridation by broadcaster Gordon Sinclair.

Not sure what that has to do with the OP. That seems to be an entirely different issue regarding government regulations as it pertains to water purification standards. But I thought I would at least offer up this info for those that are interested.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

As far as I can tell, Nestle doesn't manufacture beer, but they may provide water to someone who does...careful there!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Don't care. Cadbury has better chocolate.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well they do produce oxygen, but fortunately I do not think Nestle is the brand.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join