It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total lunar eclipse to meet 'supermoon'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The Moon will turn a rusty hue in the early hours of Monday and may seem larger in the sky. The event is caused by a total lunar eclipse coinciding with another astronomical event called a supermoon. It's the second total lunar eclipse this year, but the first since 2008 where the whole eclipse will be visible from the UK.
*SNIP*
From the UK, observers will see the Moon pass through the Earth's shadow in the early hours of Monday morning. In North and South America the eclipse will be seen on Sunday evening.www.bbc.com...

I'm hoping I can see this. Although I haven't a camera except for the crappy one on my phone, I'm hoping some ATS'ers can post their work so we can all enjoy it, regardless if we get to see it in person or not.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot to say about this except that I'm excited for the viewing possibility of a somewhat rare event and I hope it's a clear viewing night for all to enjoy.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

One of the biggest happenings in our lifetime! Lets see if mars can sustain life or not on the same day..

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What time in the evening for the East Cost (North America)? Very curious.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Offhand, I believe totality starts around 10:10pm and lasts about an hour and fifteen minutes.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
sounds cool. hopefully it will be a clear night and i can try and get a nice shot.

will post said photo if successful

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Thank you for that information, ah but I found out it's raining tomorrow evening... no!!!! Hope the weather clears up.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

According to the link:

From the UK, observers will see the Moon pass through the Earth's shadow in the early hours of Monday morning. In North and South America the eclipse will be seen on Sunday evening.

I won't say it'll be an all nighter but I have a small screen tent I'm going to set up on my deck see what I can see for as long as possible. I have a super position and I can see the moon easily on clear nights.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Heard about a five headed dragon getting married on the same day to a norse war god named Tyr

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Anywhere we could find times down to specific area? I heard around midnight US Mountain time but idk for sure. Cannot wait!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was really hoping I would get my Nikon D3200 before the supermoon eclipse but I wont. I hope folks can take some amazing pictures

edit on 26-9-2015 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2015 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

9:11 central

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"Evening", not very specific.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
Wait, so eastern that's 10:11 correct?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's the time of totality.
It takes a couple of hours to get there once it starts. Once it's there it lasts an hour or so.
www.timeanddate.com...
edit on 9/26/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

The Moon will turn a rusty hue in the early hours of Monday and may seem larger in the sky. The event is caused by a total lunar eclipse coinciding with another astronomical event called a supermoon. It's the second total lunar eclipse this year, but the first since 2008 where the whole eclipse will be visible from the UK.
*SNIP*
From the UK, observers will see the Moon pass through the Earth's shadow in the early hours of Monday morning. In North and South America the eclipse will be seen on Sunday evening.www.bbc.com...

I'm hoping I can see this. Although I haven't a camera except for the crappy one on my phone, I'm hoping some ATS'ers can post their work so we can all enjoy it, regardless if we get to see it in person or not.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot to say about this except that I'm excited for the viewing possibility of a somewhat rare event and I hope it's a clear viewing night for all to enjoy.
Cool. I will be watching from Texaa.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Looks like north Georgia is going to miss out clouds and rain in the forecast.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Weather looking good here in Scotland.....for a change. Starts around 02:00.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

Heard about a five headed dragon getting married on the same day to a norse war god named Tyr

Are you in the right thread?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Been watching for the past half hour and its slowly diaappearing... the disappearing side red and other side like xenon lights...pretty cool. Tried raking pics but just comes out looking like a ufo haha

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Curse you clouds!! I saw the super moon earlier, but I did not see the eclipse part so I suppose 1/2 is alright.

[edit]
I take that back now I see the red tinge on the moon. The clouds are slowly parting a bit.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Shiriya because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join