It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manipulating the Mindground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The brain is nothing more than a series of synaptic pathways associating together various elements.

So your overall personality is nothing more than the sum aggregation of those neurological paths.

When thinking of ourselves we tend consider our personality as something immutable and unyielding and intrinsic unto ourselves. But in truth, even preference you have is merely the result of deeply-ingrained synaptic pathways in the brain.

Thus nothing about your preferences are immutable. And naught about your personality is unyielding.

Through concerted effort applied over long periods of time, you can literally rewire the brain into any shape you desire. You can ingrain or remove any habit within that fleshy quantum supercomputer between your ears.

All it takes is patience, diligence, energy, and consistency. All it takes is perpetually ceasing to act upon the old unwanted behavior while making yourself perform the new habit you want instill in its place.

So if you want stop yourself from being rude to people, you need throttle back that instinct towards rudeness and instead make yourself say something nice. And if you want prevent yourself from lashing out with anger when offended, you need choke that anger back and swallow it down whilst scolding your mind for that reaction until it learns that no longer will you let yourself burst out with rage.

This is a simple system but one that produces vast results. Simply choose a habit you want stop or instill, and start acting in accord with that vision of how you want yourself to behave. Then slowly but surely, as you force your brain into performing those deeds as desired, the neurological circuitry within your head will gradually mold itself into the image of that new form.

Then instead of needing fight your brain to make yourself say something nice, you'll be polite and well-mannered on instinct. And instead of reacting with rage you need hold back, you'll find your brain eventually refusing produce that adverse reaction.

All you need is the discipline to force yourself into a pattern of performing the new habit whilst refraining from the old. And all you need do is continue that pattern of enforced behavior until the new desired habit sinks deep into the neurological structure of your brain.

Just choose one habit and try it. Pick one goal and see it through to fruition.

Once you do that, you'll learn firsthand that nothing about your personality is immutable or unyielding. Everything you can change unto your direct specifications.

Then, armed with that knowledge, you'll have the freedom towards remaking yourself however you wish.

And you can resculpt your mind in the image of perfection--as it was always meant to be.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Said habit could end in OCD something i've come out of a drug withdrawal with. Brain span at its minimum begins with prior relations or lack of. HATE LOVE JEALOUSY PRIDE installs something bitter; lays dormant in any mindset. i was never happy so took to drugs in the form of GHB it replaced a love i never had filled an empty vile with.... liquid informed my mind i was ok it was fine, it was alright & i needed that said fuel to crack on in doing a minor task such as getting to sleep or waking up. This is bull a brain has to be nourished from birth or at any child/adult point by friends/lovers to have trained receptors. Education counts for general wording/spelling & maths but past that you need a solid background & upbringing... Foolishness is in the arms of unforgiving emptiness... much luff anyways pal

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I haven't replied to a post in months, but I thought I'd stop in to applaud your simple way of laying it out..

Thank you.

Not very many people consider The fact that they can change their behaviour simply by wanting to and focusing a little bit on making it happen.. Most people never even consider their behaviour as something that might need to be changed. But we all need to be reminded from time to time how simple it can be..

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Then, armed with that knowledge, you'll have the freedom towards remaking yourself however you wish.

You have never been in LOVE have you?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Trachel

You have never been in LOVE have you?

Yikes, what an accusation to make.

Yes, I'm in love with the greatest girl that's ever been or ever will be.

And I firmly believe true love comes from the spirit--not the biologically-driven impulses of the brain. So that should reconcile my stance on the issue.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As someone who has spent years in neurological research, I have to say your OP is highly misguided.

We are much more than our synaptic responses.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
As someone who has spent years in neurological research, I have to say your OP is highly misguided.

We are much more than our synaptic responses.

That's true--we are much more than our synaptic responses.

But those synaptic responses produce the voice of the brain inside your head, which most people unquestioningly follow regardless what kind of bad advice it gives.

That's what I'm talking about. And that's a problem I wish more people would correct by ignoring that voice and reprogramming new habits into the mind.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Aaah yes the proverbial mind of matter conundrum when matter makes mind and in the light of science anything spiritual must be excluded to form a credible hypothesis towards the personality traits of an individual.

It may very well be a folded lump of fat with something close to 80 billion neurons that construct the personality but what really makes my own lump of fat misfire is the fact that I have to a certain extent control of this biological robot body.
Which I can command at will with a mind that ever questions the origins of matter and the forms it has taken to provide me with the platform to perform my limiting actions both in the physical form and the mental form.

Let us not forget the imagination that forms part of this complex internal structure and how it intertwines with certain aspects of inspiration to create pieces of art and inventions that some of the greatest thinkers are responsible for.The more answers we get the more questions are raised . Seems to be a pattern this universe has to keep us going. Good points though

top topics

join