It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Most Famous Comet (Hailey's) Linked to 'String of Predictions' Since 1705

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What the hail.. Apparently Edmund Hailey is in this timeline now know as Edmond Halley and thus the world most famous comet which he determined passes Earth every 75-76 years, is now called Halley's (HALLEY'S!)

I specifically remembering the spelling as such from Science class back in elementary school as well as remember hearing it pronounce as Halley's in later years but thought nothing of it. Anyways I just stumbled across it while looking for comets on SOHO at YT and apparently Mark Twain predicted his time and manner of death related to Halley's Comet.

Furthermore the YT author states the comet is linked to Strings o Predictions since 1705 but not sure if they mean other related predictions like Twain's or just the obvious ability to predict it will faithfully pass Earth every 75-76 thanks to Halley's discovery? So, what else?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well i,d love to know all the Predictions since 1705 if you can provide?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

What the hail.. Apparently Edmund Hailey is in this timeline now know as Edmond Halley and thus the world most famous comet which he determined passes Earth every 75-76 years, is now called Halley's (HALLEY'S!)

It has always been "Halley's" comet. I'm in my 50's, and it hasn't changed in my lifetime, unless I don't remember it due to temporal displacement.

And as the video stated. The 1986 appearance was indeed disappointing.

edit on 9/26/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Whens the next pass, 2061?

And yeah the YT author states the comet is linked to Strings of Predictions since 1705 but wonder what else besides Twains?

Leaves me hangin..

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Halleys Comet hasn't changed.

It's easy to predict something that has always been seen, in cycles.

If I run a lap around a 400 meter track, the same pace, always, one can predict my next lap.

Halley is magical to see but that's the only magic at play

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

Sorry, no dice, Edmund Halley and his Comet have always had the name Halley. I remember a lot of people I was in school with mispronounced it as Hailey's Comet though...
edit on 27/9/15 by djz3ro because: I didn't spell Edmund right, doh!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Its 2015...why are we putting ANY weight on superstitious ramblings from over 300 years ago?

I mean, we have landed a probe on a comet, swung by Pluto know about quarks, gluons, the Higgs field etc...All unfathomably incredible achievement for mankind.

Lets just drop this stupid nonsense please.

top topics

join