It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood types and abductions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Oh, cool. I have AB+ - - I can use yours, but you can't use mine

What does this have to do with abductions?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

First O- is not an exceedingly rare type

O- is a universal donor
And its relatively common in comparison to AB +/-

O neg is present in about 7% of the population. It is not a common blood type in the least, and it is in high demand because not only can it be used on anyone in an emergency, but people who have O neg can only receive O neg themselves. O neg is also the safest for neonatal transfusions. It is the third rarest blood type on the planet. That is why blood centers do drives for that specific blood type. There is never enough to go around. It is also why unless it's an emergency, you will be given your own blood type rather than waste precious O neg.

AB- hmmm a universal recipient and universal plasma donor

But did you know AB- is the universal PLASMA donor not just Universal recipient of blood

No. Not even remotely close to being a "universal recipient" of either blood nor plasma. AB pos, yes, for blood cells. Neg, no way. With the exception of O neg, any Rh-negative person can only receive Rh-neg cells. Plasma is different because it has no red cells and therefore no antibodies, however AB persons can only receive AB plasma themselves.

Now, your title is rather misleading...nothing that you have said seems to really be related to it. In addition to posting inaccurate information, you barely mentioned anything related to your own topic...was there anything else or was this just a random post for no reason?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

As a paramedic I worked in the plasma collection industry. It was our company who merged with Aventis becoming the largest collection company in the world , also the largest lab at the time in Bern Switzerland. The same company that developed Guardisil(hpv vaccine).

You are a bit off on your facts too. Plasma is Universal, so much so that (my job was donor physical exams to determine eligibility for donation) we did not blood type donors at all. It is completely unrelated and not even a question that we needed to ask. More importantly is history of needle use in drug taking, or prostitution, as Aids risk is huge with blood products. If you had a risk event 3 months ago you could be infected and able to infect others while not triggering a detectable level in testing. Hepatitis is also a big concern.

It must have been a while since you worked in plasma collection. Patients receiving FFP are always typed and Rh tested in the hospital, unless it is a life-threatening emergency, because it can contain antibodies. They just don't get crossmatched because it's not red cells. Not all plasma is safe for all patients...O neg plasma, for example, is full of antibodies and is not used on just anyone, even though O neg red cells are absent of all major blood group antigens, unless that person is at imminent risk of dying from exsanguination without treatment.

Plasma donation centers always do a type, too, as well as bloodborne pathogen screening, because the only "universal" plasma comes from AB blood, and in AB pos blood, it is rare that females' plasma is ever used because of HLA antibodies that can lead to TRALI, which almost always results in death.

FFP being universal is a very common misconception, because in so-called "damage control" situations such as wounded troops who are bleeding out, GSW cases that need exploratory to find the bullet, or people in DIC, for example, the risk is far greater to simply hold off until typing can be done...we'd rather treat the patient for transfusion reactions than risk not being able to save them at all by waiting for a type. Routine FFP transfusions are not treated the same way, however. Lots of medical professionals, especially those in emergency transport, believe as you do but it is simply not accurate.

I was actually hoping that this thread would be a legitimate discussion about blood type relating to abductions because that sounded fascinating, but sadly it disappointed. The good news (at least for me) is that now I have new reading material because it appears that there really is some sort of perceived correlation between blood type and Rh and alleged abductions after all. A google search turned up all kinds of interesting goodies on the subject.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yeah sorry
My fault
I didnt make my op clear and concise
And I got side tracked 3 posts into the thread
So all my fault

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

"We're all bi on my planet" -Paul

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: wastedown

It must have been a while since you worked in plasma collection. Patients receiving FFP are always typed and Rh tested in the hospital, unless it is a life-threatening emergency, because it can contain antibodies. They just don't get crossmatched because it's not red cells. Not all plasma is safe for all patients...O neg plasma, for example, is full of antibodies and is not used on just anyone, even though O neg red cells are absent of all major blood group antigens, unless that person is at imminent risk of dying from exsanguination without treatment.

I think I know were the confusion is coming from. In the centers I have worked at and I presume wastedown worked at, the plasma donations were not used for direct transfusion.

www.blood.co.uk...

Once separated from blood cells, plasma for patient use goes in one of two directions. It can be used for blood transfusion as fresh frozen plasma and other transfused plasma products. It can also be directed to a plasma fractionation plant to undergo a more complicated type of processing to separate out its many individual proteins.

I believe the centers we worked at collected plasma for fractionation. I know the centers I worked at sold the plasma to Baxter for fractionation. I also remember that plasma not able to be sold for medical purposes ( due to high ALT results) was sold to cosmetic companies.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Moreover there are people who spend their lives sitting in donation centers being drained rinsed and repeated, never working a real job and surviving off the incentive cash.

It might behoove you to research a bit more because, once again, you are posting inaccurate information...though I'm not sure where you're going with all of this; it seems that you are asserting that abductees' blood is being harvested for some type of cash payout, but you embark upon many tangents and it is exceedingly difficult to follow your line of reasoning.

No one "survives" off of the cash they receive from donating plasma. It is a largely negligible amount of money; on average, the payout for the first donation is about $75 and it goes down after that to about $40 per donation and most people are allowed to donate twice a week. Some plasma donation centers pay more or less; the most popular center in my current location actually pays based on the donor's body weight, and they are weighed before every session. I weigh 117-120 lbs., and my payout would be ridiculously low as a result of that.

That is hardly sufficient income to comfortably live on and it certainly is not a full-time occupation, by any stretch of the imagination...no one is "drained" of anything; it is a well-known medical fact that exsanguination results in cardiac arrest, so protocols are in place to prevent that. If you're seeking easy money, your best bet would be to sign up for clinical trials...they are far more generous; depending on the length of the study, you can get paid as much as $10,000 for one trial.

Im AB- and abductee
Don't worry you're not that special
Im sure they can find use for someone so.... common...

Actually, from a blood donor perspective, it is you who are "not that special". O neg is the absolute highest in demand because they are the universal donor in most areas of the world and there is always a shortage as a result of that. Blood products have an expiration date, so the entire inventory must be constantly replenished as well. Additionally, O neg folks can only receive O neg blood, which puts even more demand on that particular type...they are universal donors, but not universal recipients. AB blood, other than plasma products, is not compatible with all other types and Rh factor is important as well...unlike O neg, which is compatible despite its negative Rh.

As far as the ramblings about cows and marbles, again, it's not clear what exactly you're trying to convey here...it would be exceedingly helpful if we could get some clarity on why you authored this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dreamwatcher

I think I know were the confusion is coming from. In the centers I have worked at and I presume wastedown worked at, the plasma donations were not used for direct transfusion.

Yes, my apologies...I should have stated that the protocols can vary in different areas of the world, and can be dependent upon what the plasma is being collected for. The centers here service the entire medical community, so they test for everything before the plasma is distributed. This has been the case for at least the last 15 years but in the past things were quite different.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yeah sorry
My fault
So all my fault

It's ok...I am not trying to be harsh, just trying to understand where you're going with all of this.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yeah and the human blood stream can be cleaned by cycling it through a pig

If anything O- makes you more human

You might have missed my post in regards to the AB types being monsters/parasites

Our blood would kill those who arent of our kind
I cant even donate to my own parents if anything happened

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Yeah sorry
My fault
So all my fault

It's ok...I am not trying to be harsh, just trying to understand where you're going with all of this.

Honestly
Self Loathing
I wish I could do so much more
I wish I could be a savior of lives
But I can barely afford to feed myself
What good is it being the 1% if you cant do anything meaningful
So unique and rare that you are useless

And before you jump on me about having internet but no food
Im not paying for the internet, not directly at least. If my money goes into internet it comes from my rent
But lets not get sidetracked

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Honestly
Self Loathing
I wish I could do so much more
I wish I could be a savior of lives
But I can barely afford to feed myself
What good is it being the 1% if you cant do anything meaningful
So unique and rare that you are useless

And before you jump on me about having internet but no food
Im not paying for the internet, not directly at least. If my money goes into internet it comes from my rent
But lets not get sidetracked

I would never dream of jumping on you for such a thing. From Jan of 2013 to June of 2014 I was homeless, but I still had my 6yr old laptop and WiFi is available everywhere. However, if you've got a roof over your head you can apply for emergency EBT and they'll give you food assistance for three months. I am sorry that you are going through that, and sincerely wish you the best of luck in getting back on your feet. I know it's off-topic (really, there doesn't seem to be a fixed topic, though), and the mods can do as they wish, but I wanted to respond to you because I am concerned for your well-being. Don't give up, and please don't ever think you're useless. It only takes one person to start a revolution...remember that.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yeah and it takes the death of that person or the death of his/her followers to end a revolution
Sorry im inherently negative
Frankly good things always come with an exceedingly stressful catch in my life
I cant have anything nice unless something dramatically and disproportionately negative happens
I should have died in the womb just like the first two miscarriages
My presence causes negativity

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah and it takes the death of that person or the death of his/her followers to end a revolution
Sorry im inherently negative
Frankly good things always come with an exceedingly stressful catch in my life
I cant have anything nice unless something dramatically and disproportionately negative happens
I should have died in the womb just like the first two miscarriages
My presence causes negativity

In life, one of the hardest things to understand is that what we send out is exactly what we get back. If you dwell on the negative and refute the positive, you will only get negativity in return. Try finding something...even if it seems ridiculous or silly...positive in every single bad situation, and be grateful for it. An example would be, I'm broke as a joke and unemployed and things are getting very scary again for me. However, I have a roof over my head, both my arms and both my legs work, and I am alive.

It is a solid truth that no matter how bad you think you have it, there is always someone out there who has it worse...I know it sounds cliche, but it is really the truth. If you stop the downward spiral of negative thinking and just find one thing every single day when you wake up to be thankful for, it'll get easier and easier to find more positive things. It won't happen overnight, but if you continue on as you are now, you will almost guarantee that things will never improve and in most cases, get even worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join