It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shot dead in broad daylight in east London

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentE

Obviously innocent people are murdered in America.

That said, I believe most gun deaths in America can be attributed to gang violence and suicide.

From my own personal experience as an American police officer 99% of the murders I have been a part of investigating were gang violence.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
sigh...

I seem to be in a really bad mood with ATS these days.

So we have a thread about what looks like a gang related shooting in London.

In a intelligent discussion one would expect the conversation to be about gang crime, how they are getting their guns, the police response and so on.

But oh-no, not on ATS, on ATS we turn this into a thread about American gun control.

Getting really fed up of this guys.

Welcome to ATS 2015.

Funny, ive just wrote a thread about this, its a #ing joke

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
He can't possibly have been shot. Guns are restricted here, therefore, no gun crime. Plus, they called the police, they DO have guns and they can protect us, so he can't have been shot. And that's that. Law says so.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Shame there's no gun ban or heavy restrictions there. Could've prevented this from happening.

Glad it wasn't worse at least!

Like clockwork!

Yeah too bad the shooter didn't have an M-4 with a 200 round drum magazine, he could have taken out 30 instead of 1!

Yeah maybe if his Ar_15 didn't jam about 20 times,and it would be a 100 round drum they don't make civilian 200 round mags for AR15's. Of course you over looked the fact that if they had looser gun control that the likely hood of somebody Shooting back at him is very high,and when his Ar15 inevitably jammed he would be screwed,caused those drums don't work well in the Ar15.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
Yeah, Americans, a shooting in England. Very rare over here, compare to your 200 a day.

Error 404. Logic not found.

To be fair most of them are criminals and dont deserve a second though to b e honest. Yeah its rare in the UK(now since the IRA has stopped terrorist attacks) Still the criminals get weapons despite the ban. THATS what were getting at.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ahh, gee.

Looks like the banning and outlaw of guns has worked.

#WIN.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I would love to see American gun murder statistics if gang murders and suicides weren't included.

I have a feeling it would be pretty low.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of murder , he was arrested close to the scene.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
sigh...

I seem to be in a really bad mood with ATS these days.

So we have a thread about what looks like a gang related shooting in London.

In a intelligent discussion one would expect the conversation to be about gang crime, how they are getting their guns, the police response and so on.

But oh-no, not on ATS, on ATS we turn this into a thread about American gun control.

Getting really fed up of this guys.

ATS has changed a lot. I guess it's time to change the banners to "Encourage Ignorance".

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not my problem.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I see plenty of arguing, but going back on topic is there any news on this story?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
so a couple of questions about this:

Was this real gang violence, or was the event a set up?

Does anyone know the background info on the victim, and shooter?

Finally (and not to be pro/anti-gun) is there going to be an investigation on how the gun was acquired, or is that already known by the police?

While this is very messed up, it is interesting that while there is an anti-refugee movement taking place this pops up. I wonder if British Media is going to make a connection to the two some how.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Quite a few of the guns in circulation are probably more lethal to the user as theres no way to service them legally and generally they're sold on the black market to keep them moving as no one wants to end up being caught with a gun thats linked to plenty of trouble.

Given that having an unlicensed gun means a good long stretch at queenies pleasure the pulling out of a gun generally has to be worth it

I'd imagine them both to be late teens/early 20's and its probably some minor spat and since the shooter may of been looking after it as they're quite rare items and slightest hint of a gun and the more senior people in the gang will get raided.

The last thing the local gangs really want is daylight murder on the streets as it attracted attention from the police and they are a hell of a lot better tooled up than your average gangster.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

You touch on a problem that I don't think many people realize happens.

I am specifically referring to your statement, "given that having an unlicensed gun means a good long stretch at queenies pleasure the pulling out of a gun generally has to be worth it."

I think there is an issue with career criminals not being punished properly via the judicial system.

I think if the laws on the books were enforced consistently and properly we would see a reduction in gang violence.

I don't think more gun control laws are the answer. If murder is the highest law in the books and someone wants to kill, why would they care about punishment from committing a gun crime?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I don't know why the shooting occurred but given the history of black on black gang violence in London that has to be the suspicion , one thing I am sure of is it wasn't a set up.

When they find the gun it will be tested for links to any other criminal activity but I doubt they will try to trace its origin , contrary to popular belief there are many legal and illegal firearms in this country.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This can't be right, guns are all but illegal in England.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There's a time and a place for this debate.

...and perhaps this ain't it.

I'm as pro-gun ownership as any... But c'mon, folks, the decent thing to do is to decry the fact that the violence happens, not the tool of the violence.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Shame there's no gun ban or heavy restrictions there. Could've prevented this from happening.

Glad it wasn't worse at least!

Yes the occasional lone shooting. VERY few and far between. Tell me smart guy, how many schools and kids and teenagers and people in the street and cinemas and shopping malls and cops etc. have been in the news in the last few years due to shootings?

You wanna compare figures? Or you want to wait till NEXT weeks mass shooting happens in the US. Or the week after? Or maybe the one after that.

What was the name of the guy who shot up a cinema full of people in the UK? Oh, right, that was the US.

The gun ban works for the UK. You people want to live like wild west residents, be my guest, but dont impose your lunatic gun laws on the est of the sane world please.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yeah, Americans, a shooting in England. Very rare over here, compare to your 200 a day.

To be fair most of them are criminals and dont deserve a second though to b e honest. Yeah its rare in the UK(now since the IRA has stopped terrorist attacks) Still the criminals get weapons despite the ban. THATS what were getting at.

...and yet, shootings are still rare, even thought according to you guys, the criminals all have em and can get them easily. Funny that eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: yuppa

...and yet, shootings are still rare, even thought according to you guys, the criminals all have em and can get them easily. Funny that eh?

Not the point. point is they can still get them even with a strict regulation on them in the UK. Its a great example of what would happen as well in the US if we had similiar control.
And also the US isnt the only country with mass shootings. Its just the one that gets focused on the most..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join