It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a thought: Could DNA contain quantum Entangled bits ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Cancer happens in all animals. If you commercial fish long enough, you see a lot of tumors in fish. This isn't a "new" thing either due to pollution.

People have been dying of cancer since mankind was born. We now simply can identify it. Previously people died of "natural causes" or "consumption". We had a million names for death by cancer because we didn't know what it was.

Sure, man-made products probably don't help and probably increase cancer rates -- but animals all over get cancer and don't eat Twizlers. It's not like 500 years ago cancer didn't exist, we just didn't have the tools to see it.

Interestingly enough, sharks are one of the few animals that never get cancer.

There is some work being done with telomeres and telomerase to prevent cancer from occurring. I think that is the long-term solution to dealing with cancer, telomeres...
edit on 27-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: chr0naut
Do not eat any exterior house or internal fireplace bricks made before the 1960's as were made with lime (a bonding agent) poisonous to the human body which could result in potential death.

I was unaware of a change in the recipe for house bricks.

Did they make the change so that the bricks would be less toxic for human consumption?

... also, should I stop using lime juice in my Thai cooking?

I just made you aware of this: (do not consume household foundation bricks made before the 1960s). If your bricks are of Thai origin do not use (sprinkle) lime juice in the cooking process as will further weaken exacerbate the already existing lime bonding agent. An unexpected LAVA FLOW could be the result.

I live near Auckland (the land of Orcs), which is comprised of over 20 volcano's loosely adhered together by sheep droppings, volcanic mud and Maori marae. So lava flows are actually expected.

It's actually built into our council building codes that the council isn't responsible for anything, especially any damages that may arise if the city abruptly detonates.

But, if you are aware of your LOTR cartography, we are to the north of "The Shire" (modern day Mata Mata) and are therefore "in the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie". We are therefore protected by the "Eye of Sauron" (who is Mayor of Auckland, I think).

Many's the night my wife & I have sat having a romantic drink, 'neath darkened skies, lit from beneath by the baleful glow of mount doom.

Anyway, I have always attributed the lava flows to an excess of chilies in the diet.

edit on 27/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Cancer happens in all animals. If you commercial fish long enough, you see a lot of tumors in fish. This isn't a "new" thing either due to pollution.

People have been dying of cancer since mankind was born. We now simply can identify it. Previously people died of "natural causes" or "consumption". We had a million names for death by cancer because we didn't know what it was.

Sure, man-made products probably don't help and probably increase cancer rates -- but animals all over get cancer and don't eat Twizlers. It's not like 500 years ago cancer didn't exist, we just didn't have the tools to see it.

Interestingly enough, sharks are one of the few animals that never get cancer.

There is some work being done with telomeres and telomerase to prevent cancer from occurring. I think that is the long-term solution to dealing with cancer, telomeres...

There are several animals that never get cancer. The Mayfly, for instance, typically only lives for 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have always thought of junk DNA being kind of a transaction log, if you will. The possibility that they not only are not coded but instead define a high watermark in the evolution of a species, where coding for this instance of the species begins coding. They could, however be a method of check sum or hashing encryption that describes the evolution of the species as the entire molecule evolved. Purely hypothetical on my part, but an idea as well.

I also think that quantum mechanics plays a role in DNA, and the there probably are entangled particles in their makeup. If it would matter or not in the mechanism is presently a who-knows, but it is certainly a fantastic thought exercise to think up ways that it could.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
The body does not know what to do with unnatural 'artificial food additives'; so stores whatever doesn't pass through the intestine in the liver/pancreas/kidneys, the chemicals; food dyes. The body is dealing with having to digest unnatural hormones in meat products, hybridized vegetables. I suppose we as the King/Queens of our bodies must tell this machine to DIGEST it and do not mess this up (until I figure it out) as your overlord. This would be on us, stop the consumption of processed food; your cells will thank you just for telling them *someone actually IS IN CHARGE*. Sharks. They are the bane of my existence (they have not evolved in 350 million years). Too perfect to be real; or too real to be perfect.

edit on 28-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I have always thought of junk DNA being kind of a transaction log, if you will. The possibility that they not only are not coded but instead define a high watermark in the evolution of a species, where coding for this instance of the species begins coding. They could, however be a method of check sum or hashing encryption that describes the evolution of the species as the entire molecule evolved. Purely hypothetical on my part, but an idea as well.
I also think that quantum mechanics plays a role in DNA, and the there probably are entangled particles in their makeup. If it would matter or not in the mechanism is presently a who-knows, but it is certainly a fantastic thought exercise to think up ways that it could.

What I understand as junk DNA are the remains of other strands we used to have functioning and intact; and were at some point scrambled to dumb us down. I like your hypothetical.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

As above, so below.

If I eat a plastic pellet and my body can't digest it, it gets excreted. I would imagine the same thing would happen to smaller particles in our food that can't be metabolized through enzymatic pathways...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: chr0naut
originally posted by: vethumanbeingoriginally posted by: [post=19861098]chr0naut[/postoriginally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: chr0naut

chrOnaut: I live near Auckland (the land of Orcs), which is comprised of over 20 volcano's loosely adhered together by sheep droppings, volcanic mud and Maori marae. So lava flows are actually expected. It's actually built into our council building codes that the council isn't responsible for anything, especially any damages that may arise if the city abruptly detonates.

The lava not in a viscous/liquid form running like a river underneath your city council building creating unnecessary fear for other residents that built their homes in safer areas (on top of mist and cloudlike forms in the SKY)?

chrOnaut: But, if you are aware of your LOTR cartography, we are to the north of "The Shire" (modern day Mata Mata) and are therefore "in the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie". We are therefore protected by the "Eye of Sauron" (who is Mayor of Auckland, I think).

Excellent. I would be writing a letter to that Mayer at this point asking him (has Gulliver arrived anywhere YET on the Island/chain)?

chrOnaut: many a night wife & I have sat having a romantic drink, 'neath darkened skies, lit from beneath by the baleful glow of mount doom. Anyway, I have always attributed the lava flows to an excess of chilies in the diet.

I know the feeling, looking up at the Vatican's Observatory at Mt. Graham; "refreshing drink in hand" wondering what the heck do they think they are up to: looking for proof of God? or attempting to confirm a true validation of both Copernicus and Galileo's discoveries?

edit on 29-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

As above, so below.

If I eat a plastic pellet and my body can't digest it, it gets excreted. I would imagine the same thing would happen to smaller particles in our food that can't be metabolized through enzymatic pathways...

But you wouldn't eat a paint ball. The body trusts you; what if that product was disguised as a CLOSE ENOUGH approximation you yourself couldn't tell a real 'twizzler' (red vine) from a fake substandard one manufactured in China? I would include all of the "Faked You Out" food stuffs on the market. Velveeta as one of the drum majorettes leading the parade.
edit on 29-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: pot8er

Interesting. No time right now to post much - but - on a similar note and a few years back, some researchers suggested prions move through alternate dimension(s). These notions have merit imho.

Might explain why it took decades for the scientific community to validate the genetic patterns observed by Barbara McClintock in the 1940's.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
According to singularity theory, all matter/energy came from the same place, if particles can be traced back to their origins, simply, they would all be the "same" particle, at least in terms of them containing a "universe" - an isolated domain with no other connections to any other realities.

So, if you belong to the same "universe" as somebody else, technically you came from the same place and do "share" the same particles.

This connection perhaps is an intrinsic one, perhaps it is imaginary, however, there would obviously be similarities between two individuals from the same universe, that they could ascertain simply by use of rationality.

In addition, we could postulate that an individual might "visit" another universe, how exactly, simply by recognising coincidentally similar objects - perhaps if you go looking for triangles outside of your universe, you might, per chance, find one!
edit on 2-11-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pot8er

True or not, it certainly is an interesting thought AND far more scientific than calling areas/components unknown "junk DNA", as some actual "scientists" did. (And such an antediluvian mentality still boggles my mind.)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

ly According to singularity theory, all matter/energy came from the same place,
a reply to: SystemResistor

What they don't usually tell us is that this was all waveform energy in superposition.

A particle can be defined as a wave function with a characteristic stable pattern.
There is usually a "channel" between entangled particles in most experiments EG optical fiber.

Two atomic clocks can be synchronized without knowing the time.
As soon as you start moving the clocks a distance apart the frames of reference change.
What time is it when they collapse the wave function of the first entangled particle?

Einstein talking about spooky action at a distance was probably a troll.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Oh my. Barbara McClintock was the first epigeneticist. ...Given Cold Spring Harbour's role in pushing Eugenics, no wonder she's not a household name. Thank you so much for bringing her to my attention!

Barbara McClintock

Over the years I have found that it is difficult if not impossible to bring to consciousness of another person the nature of his tacit assumptions when, by some special experiences, I have been made aware of them. This became painfully evident to me in my attempts during the 1950s to convince geneticists that the action of genes had to be and was controlled. It is now equally painful to recognize the fixity of assumptions that many persons hold on the nature of controlling elements in maize and the manners of their operation. One must await the right time for conceptual change.[54]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join