It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Lake Mysterious Runs Dry Overnight, Killing Thousands Of Fish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

(CBS13)-FOLSOM LAKE (CBS13) — A Northern California reservoir ran dry overnight, killing thousands of fish and leaving residents looking for answers.

......................Thousands of fish lay dead in what used to be Mountain Meadows reservoir also known as Walker Lake, a popular fishing hole just west of Susanville.

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Full story and video at that link ^

Also there was another video where someone gave some commentary on this subject

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

“This makes me feel like they didn’t want to do a fish rescue and that it was easier to open that sucker up Saturday night,” Bauer said.
PG&E officials say nobody opened the dam up and the water simply ran out.
No matter who’s to blame, residents here worry, this could happen in other areas of the state.
“The reservoirs are all continuing to be far below normal,” said Doug Carlson with the Department of Water Resources.

Yeah, sounds about right.

link   
Tectonic?

Oh, they let it happen.
edit on 25-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Black_Fox
N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles steals the very best, water.

Or maybe Tom Sellecks Pad.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
New targeted MICROWAVE technology!

Agenda 30: Wring Cali dry like a sponge!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That's kinda unnerving .
Hopefully it doesn't mean
that there could be a whole lotta shakin
going on. Perhaps If that water
hits magma we'll know soon enough.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

PG&E officials say nobody opened the dam up and the water simply ran out.

"simply ran out."

By that they mean they opened up the dam.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the lake ran out of water - vague.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think maybe the word 'mysteriously' can be taken out of the title. Nothing really mysterious about it. They're having a major drought, and rather than close the damn to save the upstream fish, they left it open to save those downstream.

The water is simply gone.

I flew over California earlier this year, and it was shocking to see all of the dry lake beds. Horrible situation!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

“Everywhere that you see that’s wet, there was water,” said resident Eddie Bauer.

LOL! Resident North Face was also concerned.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
WTF??? What's up with that???

There is always a sink hole or something. You can't just bottle up a whole lake and steal it without anyone noticing. Someone is hiding something. Or there is a natural reason like a sink hole or something that just hasn't been found.

How can you just steal millions of gallons of water sitting out in the open without anyone seeing it happen??? I mean people go there, camp there, live there. How fast would it have to vanish before someone noticed??? When it was half way down you'd notice the difference. I don't understand how it can just be gone all of a sudden.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Seems your lake is a dam ,
seriously depleted by years of drought .
Somebody's pulled the plug ?

Never miss ya water till ya dry !

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Read the article...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The lake only had two weeks of water left in it. It's not like it was flowing to its brim, I was very interested in this story because I am from lassen county until I learned that it was already on the brink of emptying.

Seems like a lot of hype to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to Emergency drought measures move forward at Folsom Lake they just installed some pump barges in case the water level dropped below the level of the damn so they could still pump the water to the city and prison.

The power plant is denying that they opened up the damn and say that it just went dry. But who knows, maybe they just don't want the blame. Meanwhile they just installed pumps to pump the water out too. So who knows, maybe both happened and one side didn't realize what the other side was doing and it was a double hit. The power company thought they could just let some through and nobody would notice but didn't know that the city was going to pump out a little bit thinking the same thing. Now nobody wants to confess who was doing what so they are saying it's just a mystery.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I don't think this lake is related to Folsom lake at all, just part of the same story.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I think it's the same lake. How many Folsom Lakes in that one area can there be???

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Not too long ago there was a lake that disappeared over night...can't remember the location, but it turns out they were mining something fairly nearby, and the miners unwittingly fractured the layer of earth between the lake bottom and the mine, and all the water flowed into the mine, completely flooding it.

It was weird. Very similar pictures, dead fish, etc. Spooky.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How much you wanna bet that it's a case of someone in charge that ok'd the use of that water without realizing that by doing so it was going to drain the entire thing and kill off all the fish. So now they're saying it's "A mystery" while they figure out how to explain it while keeping their job.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I think it's the same lake. How many Folsom Lakes in that one area can there be???

The story of the lake going dry is about Mountain Meadows Reservoir (Walker Lake), the pumps are going in Folsom lake. They're a couple hundred miles apart and aren't even in the same river system as each other. So if they let any water out my guess is it goes to lake oroville and not Folsom lake

top topics

<<   2 >>

join