It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Needs The Bible to Know RIGHT from WRONG?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Bible was initially written in a language that was identified as Hebrew, so why was it necessary to write another version? What was wrong with the original translation?

I am always befuddled by the notion that the original version somehow needed to be "Updated" to include other anecdotes.

Have any of you actually read the Hebrew version? Do any of you actually know what the translation is?

I suspect there is not one person in here that can honestly say they have and that they understand the translation.

Translating anything from one language to another is completely subjective and there is always something misunderstood.

Even the greatest scholars of the Hebrew establishment can not be certain what the words written in the original text mean.

All of the interpretations are open to speculation, especially those from other cultures claiming to have knowledge of the historical records from Biblical days.

Religion as a whole is farcical. Created out of thin air to offer explanations for human existence and supposedly offering guidance to those that are incapable of knowing what is acceptable behavior and what is not.

Do you really need a Bible to explain this to you? Or any religious text for that matter? Are you so gullible that you can be force fed the maniacal rantings of mad men designed to instill fear and righteousness?

Lets examine the 10 commandments shall we?

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1. “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3. “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6. “You shall not murder.

7. “You shall not commit adultery.

8. “You shall not steal.

9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Now take a real critical analysis of the above translation and tell me how much sense they make. The commandments were supposedly handed to Moses. Were they written in English? No. Are we sure the language they were written in was translated properly? No. Are we even certain that this event happened? No.

Yet, those that follow the religious doctrines are sure that this and many other supposed events took place, are you really that gullible?

Noah's Ark, Red Sea Parting, Burning Bush, etc. take your pick, how much of it do you really think is based on truth?

Even so, do you really need to be told any of this? I do not need to speak or hear from any source to know what is right and what is wrong.

Do you?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Translating anything from one language to another is completely subjective and there is always something misunderstood.

Knowledge is much weariness to the soul. The soul however is an antenna to Heaven as it were, everything we need to know about our moral compass is available through that conduit.

Not learned of books or men.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
The Bible was initially written in a language that was identified as Hebrew, so why was it necessary to write another version? What was wrong with the original translation
?
Isn't it obvious? The Hebrew version was no use for people who don't know Hebrew. That is why things get translated.

Yes, but we either accept those difficulties, or resign ourselves to NEVER reading anything originally written in another language.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Even so, do you really need to be told any of this? I do not need to speak or hear from any source to know what is right and what is wrong.
Do you?

Right and wrong often depend on the circumstances.

..Assuming you know whats right... its one thing to know it, another to actually DO the right thing.

Life's a battle.

Ive done a lot of wrong in life. Ive no trouble asking Jesus to help me do right.

...Many people dont realize their own faults..

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Knowledge is much weariness to the soul. The soul however is an antenna to Heaven as it were, everything we need to know about our moral compass is available through that conduit.

Not learned of books or men.
I don't believe in gods or souls.
Belief in a soul is not required to live a life where one understands the difference between moral, immoral, and amoral.
Real philosophy covers it all quite nicely without the need for mythical figures or faith based spirituality, just not the lame claims of souls and other such unverifiable claimed things I ignore in the so-called philosophy forum on ATS lol.

I don't believe in gods, souls, ghosts, pixies, fairies, or anything else along the same lines. Belief in such things is not a requirement of striving to live a moral life.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If the 10 commandments were followed this world would be a much better place to live in.....You say that you don't need the ten commandments to tell you how to behave but how many do you follow???
Most people don't want to believe in them because it means that they would have to change their lifestyle..
They were written as a guide on how to live your life and no one can actually follow them to the latter...no one is perfect except jesus...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Our morals come with social interaction and personal experience, not a book. When we feel pain and see another in pain we realize that they feel the same thing we feel, it's called empathy and people are born with it.

The idea that we need to be told what morals are in order to know them is ridiculous and only serves the purpose of raising one religion's book, and thus their message, above another in my opinion.
edit on 9/25/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Catholics, and the 37,000+ Christian denominations.

Jews just need the Old Testament part of it, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Those freaks in Afghanistan who are raping little boys clearly don't know the difference between right and wrong, either that or they dont care. The law was written to serve as a reminder, since man can be pushed over the edge so easily.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Clearly there is a large segment of society today that needs to revisit that last one about coveting. What is the whole argument about have and have nots but a grand exercise in how to covet?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What you say is true. Empathy is essentially the law written in our hearts, but often, our sense of arrogance and selfishness is give higher priority than empathy. This is why the Law had to be codified.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What you say is true. Empathy is essentially the law written in our hearts, but often, our sense of arrogance and selfishness is give higher priority than empathy. This is why the Law had to be codified.

Can also be true, but we also have to have wisdom. Sometimes the cruelest thing it simply let our empathy and compassion run wild.

Sometimes, the very cruelest thing to do is to give in to our first emotional impulse. Is it the very best thing to simply give a person all you think they need at once? Or is it better to more or less teach them to fish even if that means they have to expend their own efforts in return?

The very worst thing a parent can do is to immediately and completely satisfy that immediate empathic urge to give their crying child whatever he or she claims they want that is making them cry even though saying no or making them earn it means they will continue to cry and be upset for a time.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Religion as a whole is farcical. Created out of thin air to offer explanations for human existence and supposedly offering guidance to those that are incapable of knowing what is acceptable behavior and what is not.

That is exactly what TPTB WANT you to believe about religion.

In reality, they created it with the express purpose of driving people away from the truth.

Religion is a very powerful form of mind control designed to steer you in the wrong direction.

The goal is to stand between humanity and all truth about ourselves and the true God.

God and religion are completely separate entities that get intertwined together by man.

Satan is using Religion to be LIKE God and cause people to hate God.

Study the TRUE origins of false religions and learn who is actually behind the facade.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?"

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

originally posted by: UnknownUsr
Most people do not believe in God because either some one has pushed religion in their face, has given a false presentation of who God really is, or anything regarding a persons bias, or opinion. Don't base your relationship with God off of what you have heard, experience it for yourself. Religion was made to divide and cause animosity. Your mind set automatically shifts. The moment you hear the name "God" you already have a false image portrayed!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Here's a fun fact, those aren't even the final edition of the 10 commandments.

Moses smashes the first set of laws and goes to get more from God. In Exodus 34 God gives Moses the new commandments, including on saying that all first born children must be "redeemed" when in the same verse it talks about sacrificing an animal and breaking its neck. There's a commandment in there about cooking a goat in it's own Mother's milk.

The fact that people claim to cling to this immensely immoral ancient book for their morality astounds me. I don't believe people for a second when they say they get their morality from the Bible.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well, that's your take on the whole thing and that's fine. You dont need the bible, good for you. But to call people who need this kind of guidance in their lives, gullible.......why? Why be shortsighted? What purpose does that serve?

Maybe they're the same type of people who have been here since the dawn of man, who need others to guide them. That's just how they're wired. Way back before religions were founded, they here then. Maybe they learned to read the stars so they could make sense of, and see order in, the world around them. And generation after generation of these people kept following whatever the
changing times handed them. Like religion. Or spirutuality. Or science.

They are what they are and you are what you are. Do they hurt you?

Then why hate?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Now take a real critical analysis of the above translation and tell me how much sense they make.

In what sense do you mean "make sense"? If you mean in terms of controlling a society, then they make perfect sense -- the first four lay out absolute control in the hands of "god" and his priesthood, the last six are decent rules for trying to manage a society. As an atheist, the last six are completely reasonable for anyone with basic human empathy. We can do those without any need for the first four.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No different from the freaks in this country raping children. No offense, but being a child-raping freak knows no denominational or political boundaries.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No One.

because of what took place with the first couple we are all born with the knowledge of what is good (right) and what is evil (wrong).

the commandments you quoted were for all Israel. We can all learn from them but they weren't given to the Gentiles

Malachi 4:4 Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.

edit on 25-9-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I won't try to actually convince you of anything, then. Thanks for telling me your belief system, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Dats right....we don't need the scripture for that... just for the other thing... basic instruction before leaving earth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join