It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Weeks Prophecy In The Book Of Daniel: Leading To Christ Or Anti-Christ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I found a interesting post online speaking on this topic called: ''Daniel's 70 Wekk Prophecy''. In part it says: ''Of all the controversial topics found in the Bible, none other has been so abused or misunderstood than the prophecy known as Daniels 70 Weeks. There is no other Messianic prophecy that so perfectly foretells the coming of Christ and the year of His baptism and'' [death]. ''So why is this 70 week prophecy of Daniel 9 so misinterpreted? The true answer can only be attributed to our adversary'' [, non-believers and misinterpretation]. ''The most significant reason being of course is that this prophecy of weeks is perfect proof that Jesus is the Christ (anointed one). Non-Messianic Jews would realize they had missed the first coming of the Messiah if they understood this prophecy, but they avoid it believing this passage is cursed. The one passage proving they missed the Messiah and they won’t read it! Who would you say is responsible? And what would you say if I told you that many now think this prophecy foretells the coming of antichrist?

''As part of the Counter Reformation, the Catholic Church commissioned Jesuit priests to write counter interpretations of Bible prophecy as a counter response to the Protestant reformation when the finger was pointed at them as being antichrist. Spanish Jesuit, Francisco Ribera proposed that the final seven years of the 70 weeks of Daniel was a future antichrist and that antichrist would bring an end to sacrifices in a rebuilt temple. This is where the supposed 7 years of tribulation comes from before the second coming of Christ. But this was manufactured prophecy, written with the sole purpose of deceiving Christians on the true identity of antichrist. When has a Bible passage ever been so abused by Satan? Attributing Daniel’s 70th week of Jesus’ baptism and'' [execution] ''and applying it instead to antichrist is outright blasphemous.''

What is it? What time frames makes up this prophecy? What does it point to? How do we go about finding out when or if it started and ended? How do we pinpoint the start of this prophecy? Is there more than just the Bible's historical information or can we find the prophecy's answers through secular history?

edit on 25-9-2015 by Transparent because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2015 by Transparent because: First time user. Trying to figure out how to post a thread correctly.

edit on 25-9-2015 by Transparent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2015 by DISRAELI because: now redundant

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And I was looking forward to this one

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
First & foremost, the 70 week prophecy is not a prophetic time that will point to a specific or individual antichrist that would bring an end to sacrifices in a 3rd rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. In fact, John the apostle made it known that antichrist(s) does not refer to a specific individual. This word means “against (or instead of) Christ.” It occurs a total of five times, singular and plural, all of them in two of John’s epistles. John also made it known in the 1st century that antichrist already exist & has been. 1 John 2:18; 1 John 4:3; 2 John 7

At 2 John 7 John says: ''For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist''. John clearly says that anyone that does not acknowledge Jesus as the Christ is considered antichrist in the singular, but as a unnumbered group collectively that makes up the body of the antichrist. The context of 2 John 7 is backed up by what he says in 1 John 2:18, 19.

From the 1st century onward down to our time many teach that this is where the supposed ''7 years of tribulation'' comes from before Christ's returning presence. The 70 weeks prophecy has nothing to do with the great tribulation mentioned at Matthew 24:21, 22.

It is, however, a prophetic time period referred to at Daniel 9:24-27 during which Jerusalem would be rebuilt & the promised Messiah would appear and then be cut off; following that period the city as well as the holy place would be made desolate.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Transparent

How do you explain the book of Revelation? After the letters to the churches, it shows 7 years in which the Beast will rule. In the middle of those 7 years, he will demand to be worshipped, then at the end of the 7 years, Christ will come: 1,260 days +1,260 days is just about 7 years.

I don't get your logic.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

How do you explain the book of Revelation? After the letters to the churches, it shows 7 years in which the Beast will rule. In the middle of those 7 years, he will demand to be worshipped, then at the end of the 7 years, Christ will come: 1,260 days +1,260 days is just about 7 years.

You are speaking of a beast to which the antichrist is not the same. If you' would like, why not start a thread pertaining to what you have presented & I would be glad to speak on it.

I don't get your logic.

What is it that you don't get so far?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Jeremiah plays a important role in determining this. In the first year of Darius “the son of Ahasuerus of the seed of the Medes,” the prophet Daniel discerned from the prophecy of Jeremiah that the time for the release of the Jews from Babylon's captivity was ending & their release and return to Jerusalem was nearing. In prayer to God, Daniel, in harmony with Jeremiah’s words says:

''For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.''-Jeremiah 29:10-14; Daniel 9:1-4

While Daniel was still praying, God sent his angel Gabriel with a Messianic prophecy:

''Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him''.-Daniel 9:24-27

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

When people say 'the antichrist', they usually are refering to 'the Beast that rises from the Abyss'. His message will be against Christ, so the Beast will qualify as an antichrist.

I don't see the need to start a new thread as my comments pertain directly to your opening post.

Jesus died at the end of the (7+)61st Week at the age of 33. This was 7 years early. He was supposed to die AFTER the end of the (7+)62nd Week, at the age of 40. Since His death was premature, the Church (His Body) was established to take His place on earth until the 70th Week is to begin. As the Church, we are His body and hupostasis is maintained on Earth as long as we are here (Jesus said you are Gods). So it is well after the 62nd Week and Christ is still here through the Church. When the Church is removed it will fulfill the messiah being cut off.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What is it that you don't get so far?

Why do you assume that Jesus was baptized in the 70 Week?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I will explain, but first we have to find out when did the 70 weeks start.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Transparent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The 70 weeks began in 397 BC. The 70 Weeks are a part of a much larger pattern (490+70+490). You'd have to be able to read Hebrew and count the syllables to see it. In Daniel 9, Gabriel was disclosing the last 490 years of Israel's final 1,050 year block before the Millennium began.

edit on 27-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This prophecy is like finding a hidden treasure when properly identifying the Messiah. It is essential to determine the time of the beginning of the 70 weeks, as well as their length. First is to note that these were not literal weeks that resorted from 24 hour cycles. If these were literal weeks of seven days each, either the prophecy failed to be fulfilled, which is an impossibility (Isaiah 55:10, 11; Hebrews 6:18), or else the Messiah came more than 24 centuries ago, in the days of the Persian Empire, and was not identified according to Bible prophecy concerning the identity of him.

One prophetic week of Daniel's prophecy would be 7 years not 7 days, each day in the prophetic week being one literal year or a symbolic day in these weeks would be a literal year. Numerous of other qualifications specified in the Bible pin pointing to the Messiah were not met or fulfilled in a literal 70 weeks. So it is evident that the 70 weeks were symbolic of a much longer time. Certainly the events described in the prophecy were of such a nature that they could not have occurred in a literal 70 weeks, or a little more than a year and four months.

As to the beginning of the 70 weeks, Nehemiah was granted permission by King Artaxerxes of Persia, in the 20th year of his rule, in the month of Nisan, to rebuild the wall and the city of Jerusalem. (Nehemiah 2:1, 5, 7, 8) In his calculations as to the reign of Artaxerxes, Nehemiah apparently used a calendar year that began with the month Tishri (September-October), as does the Jews’ present civil calendar, and ended with the month Elul (August-September) as the 12th month.

To establish the time for the 20th year of Artaxerxes, we go back to the end of the reign of his father and predecessor Xerxes, who died in the latter part of 475 B.C.E. Artaxerxes’ accession year thus began in 475 B.C.E., and his first regnal year would be counted from 474 B.C.E., as other historical evidence indicates. The 20th year of Artaxerxes’ rule would accordingly be 455 B.C.E.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You are correct about the 70 Weeks being part of a much larger pattern or time frame.

I will provide you from both Biblical as well as secular history of start and end the 70 weeks at Daniel. First, I will establish proof from Biblical history, then U will furnish proof from secular history.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
In Nisan (March-April) of the 20th year of Artaxerxes’ rule (455 B.C.E.), Nehemiah petitioned the king at Nehemiah 2 verses 1 and 5 saying: “In the month of Nisan in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes...The king said to me, “What is it you want? and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.” (Nehemiah 2:1-5)

The king granted him permission, and Nehemiah made the long journey from Shushan to Jerusalem. On about the fourth of Ab (July-August), after making a night inspection of the walls, Nehemiah gave the command to the Jews: “ 'Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace.' '' I also told them about the gracious hand of my God on me and what the king had said to me.

They replied, “ 'Let us start rebuilding.' ” So they began this good work.” (Nehemiah 2:11-18)

Thus, “the going forth of the word” to rebuild Jerusalem, as authorized by Artaxerxes, was put into effect by Nehemiah in Jerusalem that same year. This clearly establishes 455 B.C.E. as the year from which the 70 weeks would begin to start.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The decree in Daniel 9 to rebuild the city of Jerusalem was given first in Jeremiah 25:11, before any earthly king spoke such a decree. The decree was that Jerusalem's desolation would end once the 7 Sabbatical years would be repaid. So 446 BC is when the 70 weeks started.

Jeremiah 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years. 

The king of Babylon controlled many nations for 70 years, but the desolation of Jerusalem and the exile of Judah only took place in the last 49 of those 70 years.

Remember that Judah was being punished for skipping 7 sabbatical years...7×7=49. So God let the Land rest for 49 years while the jews were in exile. The Jews were not in exile for a full 70 years...only 49.

So when was the FIRST decree given that Jerusalem would remain desolate for 49 years (and then be rebuilt)??? Jeremiah 25! Artaxerxes was only fulfilling God's initial decree.
edit on 27-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: correction

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

When people say 'the antichrist', they usually are refering to 'the Beast that rises from the Abyss'. His message will be against Christ, so the Beast will qualify as an antichrist.

I don't see the need to start a new thread as my comments pertain directly to your opening post.

Jesus died at the end of the (7+)61st Week at the age of 33. This was 7 years early. He was supposed to die AFTER the end of the (7+)62nd Week, at the age of 40. Since His death was premature, the Church (His Body) was established to take His place on earth until the 70th Week is to begin. As the Church, we are His body and hupostasis is maintained on Earth as long as we are here (Jesus said you are Gods). So it is well after the 62nd Week and Christ is still here through the Church. When the Church is removed it will fulfill the messiah being cut off.

The beast that comes out of the abyss is referring to something else, not a individual(s) but as a entity.

If your comments pertain directly to my opening post it will be answered within this thread soon.

Jesus did not die prematurely. That would make Bible prophecy unreliable. This thread will prove that Bible prophecy is accurate and precise not an estimate or ''close enough'', but right on the mark.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Im sorry. Your just not understanding me. I'm giving you the precise interpretation of Daniel 9.

1) God decrees through Jeremiah that Judah will be in exile as punishment for the 7 skipped sabbatical years. That is 49 years of exile, then Jerusalem will be rebuilt. That is the DECREE. The 49 years of exile ended in 446 BC. I initially miscalculated that (not 397 BC).

2)Fast forward 7+61 Week: Jesus is crucified in the year 30 AD at the age of 33. The prophecy states that Messiah was supposed to be cut off after 7+62 Weeks (not necessarily at the end of 7+62 weeks). So, Jesus calls out the Church to be His Body, to represent Him on earth in His place past the 7+62 Week benchmark. The Church is a loophole to keep time going, or else the world would have ended 1, 987 years ago and Satan would have won by stopping prophecy. The prophecy was still fulfilled, but in an unexpected way. Christ is within us...we are Gods...we are hupostatic.

3) Since we are the Body of Christ and He dwells within us, the Church is an extension of the Messiah (Psalm 82:6 "ye are Gods"). When the Church is removed, it will be like the Messiah was cut off from earth, and the 70th Week will begin.

Had Jesus been killed in the 7+62nd Week, the 70th Week would have occured much sooner, then the Millennial Kingdom would have played out, and we would be in the Eternal State right now. But none of that happened.

The Church is an extension of the 62nd Week, for the exact reason that Jesus died early. Else, the Church would have never happened.
edit on 27-9-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The beast that comes out of the abyss is referring to something else, not a individual(s) but as a entity. 

No, Revelation 9, 13, and 17 all speak about the Beast as if he were an individual. Where are you getting this?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Are you sure about what you have said?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes, I got what I am speaking of. Did you know that world governments in the Bible are referred to as beasts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join