It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bee in Her Ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Along the coast on a stretch of beach, a man and wife were contemplating whether or not to have a child. A brightness flashed before their eyes and they heard a baby cry from within some rock formations. The married couple did not see the flash, but in their minds the baby had been theirs now for a whole month. The wife remembered having been pregnant for nine months prior.

A man further down the beach had seen the flash and jogged down as fast he could to see what the flash had been. He recognized the couple as his neighbors, but wondered what they were doing with a baby. He asked his neighbors '' who is this?''

The neighbors asked him,'' what do you mean?, this is our baby, Marna.''

Not knowing the neighbors well enough to bother them with where the baby came from, the neighbor just smiled and went home. The neighbor, being a busybody, took note of how the couple all of the sudden had a baby and asked other neighbors if Marna was adopted. To his astonishment, the surrounding neighbors acted surprised and said things like,'' What do you mean, Marna's Mother had been pregnant for most of the year!?''

To be continued...
edit on 25-9-2015 by peppycat because: grammar

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I had flashes of Superman .... good Peppy

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
One day, when Marna was two, the busybody listened from the other side of the fence and heard Marna speaking. She spoke of growing inside a clay jar until she grew so big as to break open the jar. She said she remembered not long after breaking free, her parents had shown up.

The parents seemed not to notice what their child was saying and went on with the day. The busybody on the other hand, was astounded at what the two year old had said. So, each day he knew his neighbors were outside, he listened and wrote everything down. This went on for five more years until Marna forgot everything.

The neighbor never forgot and even after a flash of light made him forget, he found his notes and distantly remembered.

Marna grew into young adulthood and wondered why her neighbor always looked perplexed towards her.

Walking along the same beach as she was found, Marna came across some old pottery, smoothed by the crashing waves. She gathered all of its fragments an took it home. After putting the clay vessel back together again, she set it down in her back yard.
After a few days she picked the vessel up and heard a buzzing sound. She quickly put jar down, but before she could get away, a bee flew in her ear. Try as she might, she couldn't get the bee out and ran inside to get her parents help. They looked in her ear and found nothing.

To be continued...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
For several days and weeks, Marna heard a buzzing in her ear, until one day the buzzing turned into a voice. The voice told her that the bee may have to stay in her ear for the remainder of her days. Marna pleaded with the bee to tell her, '' why must have a bee in my ear?! What can I do?!''

Finally the bee told her , ''only if you find the right flower will I leave.''

The bee would not name the flower, so Marna decided to find work in a nursery taking care of plants. One day a shrub known as, The Rose of Sharon, came into the nursery and Marna breathed in the balsamic, wood like scent. It reminded her somewhat of sandalwood and suddenly the bee flew out of her ear and into a pink flower on the shrub.

Marna knew she had to have this plant, so she purchased it and took it home and took some clippings of it's leaves that contained the scent. She put the clippings in a small cotton bag under her pillow and dreamed of another world.

The end
edit on 25-9-2015 by peppycat because: computer changing words

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant Beware of The Flashes...

You mean my story is similar to Superman? Now that I think of it, it is similar. I used to watch a show called, Smallville, that I really liked about Supermans beginnings. Must of been in the back of my mind for a while. Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I'm a big fan of Smallville
The couple at the start with the baby, just instantly reminded me of the Kent's and finding Clarke! I'm just a nerd when it comes to Superheroes though so I make connections all the time.

Thank you peppy, really enjoyed that.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant Thank you valiant, I'm glad you liked it. Smallville was one of the best superhero shows out there , in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

It was! watching Clarke grow up, knowing one day the hero he would become. It had a few bad seasons, but overall, and looking back, to me it was the best on screen adaption of Superman, and it paved the way for shows like the Arrow and Flash, which are also great.

Sorry for hijacking lol i'll stop there!

I'll keep an eye out for your story threads peppy

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant heard a song on the radio and it reminded me of the Bee in Her Ear...then I remembered you!
So here it is, let me know if it goes with the story?
Hope you are good, weather kind and you are feeling happy about August...(suicide squad)
Man I wish there was a video store left over from the past... time goes by and we carry on... into the future!

Thread drift...I like Cantana..spelling oh and the witch and your gal... the crazy one... there are guy characters to... lets us remember them, in the name of.. oh never mind...

new topics

top topics

join