It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abrahamic Trinity: 3 Peas in the Same Proverbial Pod?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Abrahamic 'Trinity' of Religions, that is.

Their prophets seem to all come from the Mideast: Abraham from Ur (Iraq), Moses from Goshen (Egypt), Jesus from Bethlehem (Palestine), and Muhammad from Mecca (Arabia).

All 3 originate from Abraham & Moses' stories (Old Testament of the Bible). All 3 required male circumcision, except Paul (from Turkey) convinced Rome (Vatican) that way more men (and thus their wives & children) would convert if no longer necessary.

Consumption of pork is prohibited by all 3, including Christianity (Leviticus, Deuteronomy) but again, romanized Christians tend to quote a vague passage in the New Testament where God tells a hungry Peter that anything that God has 'cleansed' is okay to eat. Muslims acknowledge that the old/new testaments thru its many additions, deletions, and versions of books over the centuries, thus take contents like the '10 commandments' only with a grain of salt and favor their scriptures memorized word for word generation to generation and translated only alongside the transliterated original arabic.

And of course there are the bulk of the actual similarly shared fundamental beliefs like sin, prayer, salvation, heaven, hell, etc.

Jews tolerated Muslims and vice versa as 'fellow believers' for the bulk of the past 2 centuries; it's only since in the past century or so that the British (and in recent decades, USA) entered the region to wheel and deal for oil meanwhile playing UN guru, ie, creating Israel where Palestine had reigned for all 3 faiths in harmony for millenia, that the region has become home to one manufactured genocide after the next.

Speaking of the British and Americans, well, Christianity consists of some 37,000+ denominations virtually all of which, in contrast, are NOT tolerant of Jewish nor Muslim belief systems, or orthodox Roman Catholic Christian systems for the matter as by very definition (ie, Protestant) they were based on 'Occupying Christianity' in a massive cultural upheaval, each refining their own more politically correct from of Christianity in their eyes. with explicity renouncing all sin/lust and 'accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior/Lord' as paramount to their faith bar none, quick to call any other faith under the sun 'false religion', 'idol worship', yada, yada. (In contrast, Muslims recognize Muhammad as just a prophet, not their saviour/lord; hence do not depict images of Muhammad).

Nevertheless, the apple doesn't fall far from the same tree, does it?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Not that vague at all:

Mark 7:14-23: “Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, ‘Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him unclean by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean.’ After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. ‘Are you so dull?’ he asked.

‘Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him `unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body.’(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") He went on: ‘What comes out of a man is what makes him `unclean.' For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and make a man `unclean.’”

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Jews can pray in mosque's but not Christian churches (because of idols) so I agree that Islam is Abrahamic but not so sure that Jews would agree that Christianity is Abrahamic, Are there any Jews here in ATS that can shed light? If anything Christianity seems to have more in common with Zoroastrianism which pre-dates Judaism and was common during Jesus time.

Added.. I remember reading somewhere that the Christian three wise men were magi (Zoroaster priests).
edit on 24 9 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
so regarding pork,the new testament cancels God's boycott of it in the old testament.

never thought of zoroastrian connection to christianity due to its seeming longrunning contempt against Persia/Iran.

would agree due to the *ROMANIZATION* of Christianity, it was injected with Pagan & Vedic elements galaore, hence many Sanskrit terms like Khrisn, Maas, Baptis, and Armagadha being so obviously adopted into Christianity by Rome pretty much the same way Hitler dared adopt the Vedic term Aryan and the Vedic charm Svastika as his own branding.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry. All your post clarifies to me is the lack of clarity, always, in this discussion.

What should I eat, should I grow a beard or not (per Deuteronomy)? Who settled and lived in Palestine? When?

What is the relationship of the Abrahamic covenant to all that? Which version of the Bible are you reading and feel is more relevant? What's the difference between the Old Testament and the New….?

Just a few questions I wrestle with, but I appreciate, OP, overall, your interest in the subject matter.
tetra

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

never thought of zoroastrian connection to christianity due to its seeming longrunning contempt against Persia/Iran.

But if Jesus was a Syrian Galilean that had issues with the Pharisee's (yesteryears Jews) then it explains statements like we see in Matthew 23 .... "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers". So I think its more likely Jesus was trained by the three wise Magi in Zoroastrianism in his missing years not Judaism. Which also might help explain why Muslums see Jesus (Yeshua) as a prophet from God and Jews do not.

Yes I agree ROMANIZATION has occurred. Hopefully earlier writings might yet be discovered. But even today there'd be considerable pressures to censor the truth.

top topics

join