It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Interview: Kim Davis Talks To Megyn Kelly About Gay Marriage Licenses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
/full_interview_ kim_davis_talks_to_megyn_kelly_about_gay_marriage_licenses

Well Kim tells how in January she wrote all her representatives above her in ky. and asked for them to provide a solution to the problem she seen coming. She states that she received only one response. Just that fact alone puts this event in a different light. Megan also interviewed the couple that decided that the only way they could find love in their 17 yr relationship is to single out a person that disagrees with their union and force their way of life upon her. That folks is just not right.

Kim also stated without batting an eye that she would refuse her own children if they applied for a same sex license but that she loves the two that singled her out. Let us be clear that they could have gotten the license weeks before they did just by going somewhere else that is more accepting at this time of their relationship.

I have been recently questioned of my view that these issues are decaying our morality and this is the decay i speak of. Going out of your way to force someone to do something just out of revenge for yrs of suffering is no way to proceed.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So we should sympathize with Kim Davis because she demands an illegal exemption for separation of church and state. And that she asked for it months in advance? Nah. Screw her. If she worked in the private sector, she'd already be unemployed by now. No company would put up with this crap.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I do not expect for you to do any thing that goes against your agenda.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What are you talking about? She done something illegal, she committed a crime. She abused her power and forced her views on others who swore in to uphold the constitution. They went out of their way because it was a miscarriage of justice. Sounds like you don't like gays.

Should you refuse issuing divorce settlements because of her religious views? No? Then reevaluate your view please....

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Megan also interviewed the couple that decided that the only way they could find love in their 17 yr relationship is to single out a person that disagrees with their union and force their way of life upon her. That folks is just not right.

Nobody forced their way of life upon her. They just asked that she do her job. To be more accurate, she forced her way of life upon them. Get over yourself Kim Davis.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Agenda? Is that what you call principles these days?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You walk into a Gun store and ask to buy a Gun, and the store owner Refuses because it goes against his "Morality".. what next?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A muslim check-out assistant who refuses to handle alcohol or pork products because of religious beliefs.

A christian who refuses to issue marriage licenses because of religious beliefs.

If your religious convictions are so strong that they prohibit you from fully performing your job, maybe it's best if you find another job.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
excellent example. really

find another gun store

honestly and then tell the rest of the rednecks not to go there and soon enough the store will slowly change

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

She shat on the Constitution and her oath of office disobeyed a lawful court order and cost the taxpayers large sums of money because she is too ignorant to understand separation of church and state.

She is an idiot and those who are keeping her in the spotlight aren't any better.

link   

So you are Ok with Going against the Constitution?

link   

originally posted by: Jc333
A muslim check-out assistant who refuses to handle alcohol or pork products because of religious beliefs.

A christian who refuses to issue marriage licenses because of religious beliefs.

If your religious convictions are so strong that they prohibit you from fully performing your job, maybe it's best if you find another job.

that is acceptable unless employed before a major change such as gay marriage and you seen it coming and asked for some type of help with the issue

we can not ask for more from people than to forsee these things and come together for a solution

the whole event highlights the war on religion and proves it was not about them finding happiness at last but getting their jollies of by causing problems that could easily have been avoided

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
the militants tried 5 times to force kim

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

So you are Ok with Going against the Constitution?

it is a sign that this is about more than compromise or equality

kim refused all marriages

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just another bash the gays thread...signing off.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Agenda? Is that what you call principles these days?

Your head is in the sand if you can not look at both sides and see the problems on each side that caused this

agenda yes
if they make the claim that she was keeping them from marriage because it was their choice to not go down the road where there would be no problem

they knew what they were doing

after watching their interview I see they may not last long together if they do not find compromise with eachother over the issue because they were letting it divide them

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Right? If she felt so strongly, she should have stepped down from her appointed position where she took an oath to perform the duties of her position. If you cannot perform the duties of your office, you need to step down. The sensible, mature, professional and decent thing for her to do would be to excuse herself from the position and find a new job.

She could still be outspoken and do talk shows, rallys, ect -- as it's easier to do that when you're not behind bars. She only is an embarrassment to her religion by acting like she's some kind of martyr. Jesus was a martyr and victim, Kim Davis was not.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Just another bash the gays thread...signing off.
10-4

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Jc333

that is acceptable unless employed before a major change such as gay marriage and you seen it coming and asked for some type of help with the issue

we can not ask for more from people than to forsee these things and come together for a solution

the whole event highlights the war on religion and proves it was not about them finding happiness at last but getting their jollies of by causing problems that could easily have been avoided

I fully understand the point that you are making whilst wholly disagreeing with it. If something were to change in my job description which I found intolerable, I would consider my position and if I found that, even though it were fully legal, I could not comply, I would leave. I would not break the law.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The 14th amendment was there when she took the Job, the Supreme Court did NOT change anything to the constitution, all they said was that states have to follow it now

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join