It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Republican is a mismatch for Christianity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The Republican party was Liberal back then... Pro Slavery was a Conservative ideal.

Total bull!!!! The parties did not switch, the Republicans were never pro slavery, it was the North primary republicans who were against slavery and Democrats in the South wanted to keep their slavery plantations status quo. This argument is one of the more ridiculous and recurring ideas put forth by Progressives...it's just too silly for words....really

Reinvent history all you want, but it's true. I see that you are rejecting links without even reading them, so I'm not going to bother posting links because you aren't looking to deny ignorance. Enjoy your confirmation bias.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

^YES

I call the adherents of "Churchianity" the neo-Pharisees.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Reinvent history all you want, but it's true.

Talk about the pot calling the lime black. Step away from the Zinn.

I see that you are rejecting links without even reading them, so I'm not going to bother posting links because you aren't looking to deny ignorance. Enjoy your confirmation bias.

If your links are going to be NYT Opinion pieces painted as hard-hitting investigations, I endorse your decision.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Got anything to prove me wrong?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Hmmmm

Well as a conservative christian who actually lives my faith, helps others, gives my time , builds homes for those in need, etc etc etc

Id have to say I dont agree

but thanks for telling me who I am, and what I should believe, I was really getting worried there that id have to figure it out on my own!

Lots of conservative hate going on ATS, you know, from the open minded, all inclusive , left.........lol

I agree with you. I work at a church. I handle all the contributions and money as well as any other administrative duties. Every cent that the church does not use to keep the church running goes back into to the community.

The church makes snack snacks weekly to provide children food on the weekends for kids that are on the free lunch program during the school year, we give to a local organization called LICS (Lexington Interfaith community services) they help pay electric bills, have a pantry etc., we go on a mission trip each year to build clean water wells in Domincan Republic and Haiti, we fund a small school in a little village in South Sudan, we give to Ronald McDonald House, we pack hundreds of boxes for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes each Christmas season as well as adopting families, our youth go to the local park and provide food for the homeless, we build houses (Habitat for Humanity), we give to help with natural disasters (both foreign and domestic), we help our parishioners with personal bills if needed, we volunteer at the soup kitchen, we give to the MS fund (we have a fundraiser each year), give funds for Cancer research, as well as Relay for Life and Nancy Perry Foundation and the list goes on.

I know that not ALL churches put their money where there mouth is but many do.

I know that many think that all Christians do is throw out judgments on other people and no doubt there are those that will use Christianity in that way. I will say that although the bible clearly states to examine ones self and deal with your own sin before chastising another, the bible also says that if you see your brother or sister sinning that it is a duty to go to that person in love and call them out. It is called accountability. "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over." Matthew 18:15.

We are not to judge where someones soul will go. That is only God's judgment but we all judge each other by actions. To say different is to live in a fantasy. There is a term "Use good judgment" that people use all the time. We make judgments everyday (Both conservative and liberal.) To call only conservative Christians judgmental is just laughable. People are judged by there looks, status, car they drive, etc. ...This is universal and judgment is not only exercised by Conservative Christians. Give me a break!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: spiritualzombie

AMEN!

Testify to this from every rooftop, sing it from every lofty peak, and from the bottom of every canyon, that all may bask in the stark reality of this fundamental truth!

Hammer, meet Mr Nailhead!

so your pro pigeonholing whole groups of people.........good to know

Pretty much what they say we conservatives do all the time, huh? Ironic

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: neo96

That is the most ridiculous, empty headed thing I have ever heard. It takes two to make a baby, and only one of those people cannot escape the consequences without medical aid. Simply put, you DO have a problem with women, if you think they should be paying on their own, for something they had to have a mans help to cause to happen.

The facepalm is stronger with you than usual tonight... Are you ok?

I am a woman and I don't think that the government owes me birth control, access to abortions, condoms, etc. I do not take birth control anymore because they made me sick but guess what the generic brand cost me (without using my insurance)? $8.00 a month! I guess conservatives are just evil and think that we shouldn't depend on government social programs for planning our sex life.

"It takes two to make a baby, and only one of those people cannot escape the consequences without medical ." This is a crazy sentence. Only one of those people cannot escape the consequence?! It is a consequence of an action. When someone makes a decision to do something there is always a consequence. So in your logic, we should be able to make decisions and never have to deal with any consequences?
edit on 9 28 1515 by amberinsc because: no reason

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: amberinsc

Shhh, I can't guarantee you without having scanned through the pages I have missed, but I'm pretty sure the conservatives are the only ones who have actually quoted scripture in this thread.

The Gospel really isn't a cut and dried Marx Manuel anymore than it's a cut and dried capitalist manual. It is a manual for personal spiritual living and growth and how to choose to behave toward one another, but that isn't a political system.

So this thread really is flawed from its very inception and premise.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The conservatives like the good and evil part of the bible. Where people are cursed by god and punished, while others are holy despite whatever they do. It's the source of partisan politics. When someone does something wrong, half of the country suddenly deny it, and support them due to their political party no matter of how guilty they are. This happens on both sides though, although the hatred towards liberals is much stronger that the hatred of the right wingers.

The democrats like the forgiveness part of the bible, but that doesn't exist to the other side. God and government is blended together like an antifreeze frappuccino, and the government must obey their god. Its about creating laws and making others follow them in an orderly fashion, like an OCD obsession to keep everything clean.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
It seems liberals are the better match for the teachings of Christ. Caring about other people, being anti-war, favoring the sick or poor or needy over greed.... It just fits better.

Don't forget treating us all like children and sheep.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join