It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unOfficial End of the World of the Month thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I know this seems kinda silly, but so far I have lived through many End of the World as we know it events. Y2k, 2012, September 2015, and likely several I wasnt even aware of.

So I made this thread where interested folks like yourself can keep track of what and when the next end of the world may be occurring. This will help concerned parties prepare for one of their ends and keep up with the current and/or future ending events.

Did I read somewhere here the next event was on Easter or Passover? See, I cant keep up with them anymore.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I thought we had a meteor due to collide today or yesterday - so that's gone by the board.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
well, if you search youtube for 23 september 2015 you get all kinds of nonsense about something happening the 23rd.
People talk about pre-predictive programming by putting the number 9 and 23 together in movies, comics, series, etc.
And there is talk about cern, comets, what have you.

But i feel great today, woke up, clear blue sky, and just in a great mood overall.

So... I guess it was all BS... once again? Damn. I was really hoping for something to happen this time.
Yeah call me cynical but for once I would like the tinfoilhats to be right

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Technically it's still September 23rd in some parts of the world (hawaii)

So the prediction can still come true..

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

y2k wasnt a false, it was a legitimate concern, thankfully most important infrastructure was updated so it wouldn't be effected, y2k is literally an example of the hype effectively prevented the doom.

y2k actually lends credence to the idea that trying to predict doomsday's may help to avoid them.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Jesus came to me in a dream. He said drink a beer and enjoy life and dont focus on negative thoughts. Then he put his hand under his armpit and made a farting noise. Then he said thats what I think about the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Friday April 15th 2016. TAX deadline for the United States.
Thank God It's Friday. Truth is, if there was an official end of earth as we know it. I would get a car or truck I couldn't afford. Then I would drive it like I stole it. Literally, because I would not make payments.

Imaging the chaos. This is why I feel NASA or any other government would never say.
I really don't know if or when the next "Event" will occur. If it happens. Then it happens. But at least I know I lived my life.
Bring On The Doom! I'm Ready to Scream!

edit on 24-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: SPELLING

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

y2k wasnt a false, it was a legitimate concern, thankfully most important infrastructure was updated so it wouldn't be effected, y2k is literally an example of the hype effectively prevented the doom.

y2k actually lends credence to the idea that trying to predict doomsday's may help to avoid them.

hype effectively prevented the doom.

Uhh...no.Y2K was a non-event. The reason it started was one person voiced a concern on the 2 digit year instead of the full 4 .Oh , no Mr. Bill what happens when the computers roll over to the year 00.
Answer - nothing happened. And , no most computer manufacturers did not correct the 2 digit years with BIOS updates, They just tested and found everything just went on as normal.

Just one person crying DOOM and trying to make money.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

We may not be out of the woods yet

"Responding to wild Internet rumors that an asteroid is careening toward Earth and will make impact near Puerto Rico between Sept. 15 and 28, 2015, destroying swaths of North, Central and South America, NASA scientists decided it was time to set the record straight."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

A rock told me 8/14/2016!

I'll take a sooner date though, I hate waiting for things. Very upset about this Sept. 23rd incident not happening, this is the 3,682 time the world didn't end when it was supposed to. How unreliable this place has become now.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I had to work 12/31/99 thru 01/01/00 and week leading up to it making said adjustments and updates to many systems. Also had the pleasure telling a fellow that his iMac did not need a martini.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Love it ... I've been a member here for years and I've seen so many doomsday posts... the world should have been destroyed so many times by now, we were supposed to have a few raptures too .. it's always funny to see it come and go.

alienDNA mentioned Sept. 23 ... and of course, I'm responding on the 24th... there will always be a next end of days, usually a comet or something.

There's a web site I found a few years ago that has a HUGE list going back a couple thousand years or more where people were predicting the end, it has a list of all of them.. I need to track that down.
edit on 9/24/2015 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

I had to work 12/31/99 thru 01/01/00 and week leading up to it making said adjustments and updates to many systems. Also had the pleasure telling a fellow that his iMac did not need a martini.

Yeah, I worked at an internet service provider as a systems administrator at that time, our entire staff had to work that night and the following morning to make sure nothing went wrong... and of course, nothing went wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Technically the world ends every day for somebody. It's called death.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Jesus came to me in a dream. He said drink a beer and enjoy life and dont focus on negative thoughts. Then he put his hand under his armpit and made a farting noise. Then he said thats what I think about the end of the world.

OMG NO WAY- I had the EXACT same dream!!

Freaky man, just freaky.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The blood moon on the 28th of this month is the next doom date! Will it be doom or a said divine message?

Stay tuned: the viewing

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what`s the point of making end of the world predictions?
If you`re wrong you look like a fool, if you`re right you can`t brag about it because we`ll all be dead.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A ton of money was made from companies scrambling to get y2k compliant stickers on equipment and circuit boards that didnt have a clue of what day it was.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

hype effectively prevented the doom.

Uhh...no.Y2K was a non-event. The reason it started was one person voiced a concern on the 2 digit year instead of the full 4 .Oh , no Mr. Bill what happens when the computers roll over to the year 00.
Answer - nothing happened. And , no most computer manufacturers did not correct the 2 digit years with BIOS updates, They just tested and found everything just went on as normal.

Just one person crying DOOM and trying to make money.

you are quite wrong sir, try doing some research,

this site had a lot of good information about this www.iy2kcc.org...
but it seems alot of their pages have 404d, still wayback machine has their list of glitches reported archived here, (ETA - see below) do a ctrl F for Appendix C and have a nice lengthy read of all the REAL glitches that occurred to infrastructure that did not update, now keep in mind while reading that, that ALOT of infrastructure DID update in time, and had it not we would have felt the hurt much more so then we did.

be grateful it was a non-event, if everyone mocked it back then the way you do now it WOULD have been QUITE an event indeed.

ETA - apparently ats will not allow me to provide a wayback machine link in a post, you will have to quote my post to see the whole link and copy past it from there. web.archive.org/web/20010228195454/www.iy2kcc.org...

edit on 9/25/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
Well , since you did all the research . I guess you got me. My only pitiful claim is working at a rather small tech company that only is known by 3 letters which has been around forever.clue - blue
hey , wait was that sarcasm?

edit on 25-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join