It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin fires warning shot to West

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think this is something that we will see happen . "Putin orders talks on Russian military base in Belarus"

President Vladimir Putin has ordered an agreement be signed with Belarus to create a Russian air base on its territory.
"To accept the proposal of the Russian government to sign an agreement on a Russian air base in Belarus between Russia and Belarus," the decree reads according to the Kremlin’s press service.

President Putin also ordered the Russian Defense Ministry to start all necessary negotiations with Minsk on the issue.

“The agreement will help jointly protect the outer border of the Union State [of Russia and Belarus] in the air and also create a unified system of air defense,” the order reads. How exactly this will be done and what role the base will play is still subject to talks.
www.rt.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ukraine is a sovereign nation.
Belarus is a sovereign nation.
Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are sovereign nations.

Really? So keep your CIA, STRATFOR, NATO, World Bank, MOSSAD, out of these supposed independent states.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Perhaps you need to read a more reliable news source? Should I put this article between www.express.co.uk... and
www.express.co.uk... or shall I just put this one in the ignore bin? All three articles are on that page.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So Putin approved the go ahead however Belarus has not agreed?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ukraine is a sovereign nation.
Belarus is a sovereign nation.
Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are sovereign nations.

Really? So keep your CIA, STRATFOR, NATO, World Bank, MOSSAD, out of these supposed independent states.

LOL... That's all you can come back with?

There is no Russian near abroad. Russia has sealed its own fate by being a failed state.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Headlines: Russia builds military base in its own land!
Reaction by the West: Oh no. Look they want to start an all out war with us. Those war mongers.

Meanwhile...the USA has many bases, and not only here but plenty in the majority of nations. Oh peacekeepers..

Give me a break.

Shall we do a list? This was a perfunctory search on Wiki, so let the debunking begin - because everything on Wiki that people on ATS disagree with is wrong:

Russia has bases in:
Armenia
Belarus
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgzrstan
Maldova
Syria
Tajikstan
Ukraine
Vietnam

Other than Vietnam, pretty much former territories along the Iron curtain.

The US has bases in:
Bulgaria
Germany
Israel
Italy
Japan
Kosovo
Kuwait
South Korea
Bahrain
Brazil
Cuba
Djibouti
Greexe
Guam
Spain
United Arab Emirates
Afghanistan
Greenland
Honduras
Netherlands
Oman
Portugal
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
United Kingdom
Australia

Every time I hear that the US military needs to be expanded, I wonder where to? Perhaps they want to build UP now, rather than out! If you're going to rush into a panic every time another country does something that your own country already does, you should be refocusing your fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Here is another base Putin is building. It's in Belarus.

www.foxnews.com...

Like Ukraine. This should go well.

Belarus did agree. They need the finance and oil from Russia.

edit on 23-9-2015 by Bigburgh because: add on

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

see post above by Bigburch .

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This is unsettling precedent. Putin wants to build up forces on the Ukrainian border to prepare for an all out invasion and occupation of Europe. Someone needs to stop that maniac supporter of Assad. Another maniac that needs to be stopped, and given tbe boot like that evil Gadaffi...liberty for all!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

see post above by Bigburch .

Yup and it points out the point I made before.

While Putin has signed off on it Belarus has not. I find it interesting that Russia pushes the base when the Belarus Presidential Elections are occurring. I wonder if putin threatened to move his support to a candidate who would do moscows bidding?
edit on 23-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Truth is extremely difficult to find.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Warfare is a funny creature isnit .military ,economic ,diplomatic as well as political .I guess a tool for every job that needs done . I like the vid Tales of a Economic Hit Man .

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If Putin was playing poker, he would bet the house on a pair 10's, with only a Jack in the hole. Damn, what an egotistical bastard.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No offense, but they're building this base on Russian land, right? So what's the problem? Every sovereign country has the right to build military installations in its territory. If they were building this base in Haiti, Mexico, or Canada it would be different.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
that article is an absolute load of nonsense..

he intends to lash out at the West to distract attention from his country's ailing economy.

really? so he isnt building a military base in his own country because there's a military conflict going on nearby?
he's doing it to distract from the economy? bahaha! good one.

the latest evidence that Russia is now on a war footing in eastern Europe.

a war footing? he's building a base in his own countries borders.

far out Brussel sprout - you red neck yanks will use any nonsense article to get your viewpoint across

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ok.
What do you call actually joining?

www.spacewar.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Ok.
What do you call actually joining?

Uh, joining. What else would you call it?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow. Nice find

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: skywatcher44
All the countries within Nato have chosen Democratically that route it sounds like you are saying they have been invaded by NATO carry on upping the Russians as they have not stolen any land lately Ha FFS.

Come on........................ USA invites itself in by having a 'coloured' revolution, then gets its man in (Saakashvilli types educated in the States) then they invite themselves (NATO) in. It happens every time

Well if any country wants to leave the NATO umbrella they can go ahead and leave ..

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Headlines: Russia builds military base in its own land!
Reaction by the West: Oh no. Look they want to start an all out war with us. Those war mongers.

Meanwhile...the USA has many bases, and not only here but plenty in the majority of nations. Oh peacekeepers..

Give me a break.

Well, if we stop the clock after US undertook action in WWII with it's Allies, the map already has US forces deployed overseas. Are you suggesting US should return to home soil and leave free Europe to a Warsaw Pact type fate? Historically, the "problems" have no been on US soil, so it kind of makes sense.

Don't forget, NATO is an alliance whose members can withdraw at-will, as France did at one point. The members of Putin's Alliance were never at liberty to withdraw from the "pact". Something for the rational observer to consider...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join