It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin fires warning shot to West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not the US but Ukraine

Russia loves proxy wars as much as the US and NATO

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see the US position with regards to all our war in Europe.

They will probably play a game of deception at first... Promising not to get involved on one hand, and secretly funding the fascists in the other. Then when Europe falls into the hands of the Third Right again, Russia invades, then US comes in to stop "Russian expansionism" ......

Case in point, the only thing stopping US becoming a fascist dictatorship is Left wing governments in Europe and Russia.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
seems you didn't look very hard ..
This took me 5 seconds

source

Sorry in fact I was searching "putin new base" and there was nothing but Belarus new base; with "russia new base" I also found another reuter source that might the source of the article you posted.

EDIT: Seems Reuters is confused, they claim a second base with the same identical characteristics for which there is no source but the writer of the article I posted. The first one linked in the OP is this which unsurprisingly is going to be built by a friend of Putin who already does the catering for the army.
edit on 23 9 2015 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
Not the US but Ukraine

Russia loves proxy wars as much as the US and NATO

Let me know when Ukraine joins the West.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Only in western media are things that have been RFP'd, tendered, and finally under construction considered "new".

If any of you are familiar with western military procurement...you know damn well that things don't magically 'appear'. In Russia...double the time frame.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Headlines: Russia builds military base in its own land!
Reaction by the West: Oh no. Look they want to start an all out war with us. Those war mongers.

Meanwhile...the USA has many bases, and not only here but plenty in the majority of nations. Oh peacekeepers..

Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
First maybe the west should think of fast tracking the Ukraine into NATO along with Finland, Sweden, Georgia and Belarus if they would like ? goo.gl...

Second the Ukraine should secede their conflict area to Russia and build with NATO a FO wall to keep the MF warmongers out..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Putin is neither crazy nor stupid he's a cold blooded killer. Ask yourself if he did launch a limited nuclear strike and he took out say NY City? would the US retaliate at the risk of all out Nuclear war? I think America would back down it would be stupid not to. I don't put it past Putin either if his back is to the wall. He don't need to launch an all out Nuclear war. All he has to do is use one bomb and the world would kneel to him in fear of all out destruction.
a reply to: wantsome

Your talking about the leaders of the U.S. who have a finger on the nuclear button. They're safe and secure in their underground bunkers. What do they care if they retaliate? The people of the world are the dead ducks in a nuclear attack. It's disgusting that the majority give so much power to the few who can decide to kill millions or billions of innocent people all because of their lust for power.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

On the other hand i have provided links for Russian base building on Ukraine's
border.. New air bases in Belarus.

Come on....................... Ukraine and Belarussia belong to Moscow. They are it's near abroad as they call it in Russia. NATO has literally taken the piss by encircling post Soviet Russia. What are we to expect? Putin to lie down and take it up the arse? Good on him, Russia was destroyed by the demise first of the Soviet Union, then by oligarchs who quite literally stole the enormous industrial wealth of Russia's population. Then Russia was encircled by hateful nasty NATO states that wanted to cause its disintegration.

Good on Vlad, he's standing up to NATO and its never ending attempt to take over the world. I'm a Brit and proud of much of my countrys history, but when it comes to Russia our government has never offered the hand of friendship to Moscow, when without Russia doing the manual work in WW2 we would be speaking German now, if not that then most of us gassed to death by the Nazis, instead it has attempted to steal bits of land away from the Russian sphere of influence. Good on Russia, indeed take back what was yours, it belongs to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
At this point in time, the west doesn't look too innocent and I bet the west looks like New Hitler to Russia and the Middle East we fail to see past our own patriotism, yeah we bombed kids in the middle east yet sing patriotic songs, it is common knowledge that the west and her allies have funded and even trained rebels to overthrow Assad no doubt just to expand power over the region, what I am trying to say is people will always support their horse and condemn the other, even though both horses are the same except they race slightly different, Russia are not peace man!, flower power!, free the people! they have their own interests in the Middle East also and the pro-Russian crowd need to understand that too, I find it funny that we condemn Russia when our own countries are doing the exact same thing as Russia, expanding power and influence, it is the little people that are going to suffer in the future. I guess you could say Putin is the lesser of two evils, Russia actually wants to stop the spread of ISIS while the west seems hell-bent on importing them plus the UK and others continue to push the plan forward to bomb a man that was educated in the UK along with his family, a man who was even friends with a lot of British politicians at one time and now all of a sudden is public enemy number one, to me that shows the West is nothing but a puppet, at least Russia dances to it's own beat.

Long story short, all this is is another kicking each other in the b**** contest, my nuke is more friendly than your nuke, my guns fire happy bullets, yours fire angry ones, WAR IS BAD, end of, this is like a group of spoilt children with nuclear capabilities, they all need a timeout because while the people that finally destroys this uncivilization are running to the bunkers, it will be us that will be burning in the rubble

wake up, all countries and political leaders have their skeletons, less ball kicking and more finding a solution

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
difference between russia and USA:

if you're an ally of russia, they'll cover your back.

if you're an ally of the USA, they kick you into the mud hole, take your wallet, pretend to help you out, kick you in the nuts instead and leave you in the mud while preventing anyone from helping you out.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well that's not geographically possible or were you trying to be cleaver?

like i said it doesn't directly threaten the west just the people of Ukraine

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Down with the Putin!

The snake is as low as he can go.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Their oligarchs are the threat, not a russian base in Russia.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

.... great idea.... Let's put a very large military base on the border of a destabilized nation, and fill it with heavy weapons, and troops that may sympathize with their closely related neighbor.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Come on....................... Ukraine and Belarussia belong to Moscow. They are it's near abroad as they call it in Russia. NATO has literally taken the piss by encircling post Soviet Russia. What are we to expect? Putin to lie down and take it up the arse? Good on him, Russia was destroyed by the demise first of the Soviet Union, then by oligarchs who quite literally stole the enormous industrial wealth of Russia's population. Then Russia was encircled by hateful nasty NATO states that wanted to cause its disintegration.

Good on Vlad, he's standing up to NATO and its never ending attempt to take over the world. I'm a Brit and proud of much of my countrys history, but when it comes to Russia our government has never offered the hand of friendship to Moscow, when without Russia doing the manual work in WW2 we would be speaking German now, if not that then most of us gassed to death by the Nazis, instead it has attempted to steal bits of land away from the Russian sphere of influence. Good on Russia, indeed take back what was yours, it belongs to you.

All the countries within Nato have chosen Democratically that route it sounds like you are saying they have been invaded by NATO carry on upping the Russians as they have not stolen any land lately Ha FFS.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Putin is neither crazy nor stupid he's a cold blooded killer. Ask yourself if he did launch a limited nuclear strike and he took out say NY City? would the US retaliate at the risk of all out Nuclear war? I think America would back down it would be stupid not to. I don't put it past Putin either if his back is to the wall. He don't need to launch an all out Nuclear war. All he has to do is use one bomb and the world would kneel to him in fear of all out destruction.

His policies and actions are bringing a whole lot of hurt onto Russia with sanctions. If Russia sinks economically the oligarchs will see to it he is hanged.

Most of the Oligarchs live in London, if they start returning, I think he should worry.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
How many times have we seen this in history?

Will it be a good old fashioned case of Brinkmanship, or will war arise with Russia?

This is his reaction to the build up of NATO on his doorstep, he did warn there would be a reaction.

www.rt.com...

Spot on correct. Brinkmanship. But at what a cost! And in this era, it seems to be a bit odd. A large footprint base like this is nothing more than an easy target. That makes it a bit out of place, at least in my opinion, but....what do I know. Maybe what's more important is what will be built underneath this base....at depth.

I sometimes wonder at the Russian mentality which appears to me to border on paranoia. The move on Crimea made perfect sense.....they have to maintain their Black Sea Naval port. But this move seems a bit over the top, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Come on....................... Ukraine and Belarussia belong to Moscow. They are it's near abroad as they call it in Russia.

This is where you argument / justification fails.

Russia, for a country that truly believes in the sovereignty doctrines developed in Europe in the late 1800's, apparently think it only pertains to them and no one else.

There is no such thing as a near abroad.
Ukraine is a sovereign nation.
Belarus is a sovereign nation.
Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia are sovereign nations.

Their proximity to Russia does not make them a part of Russia nor does it allow Russia to act as if they own them, let alone being able to dictate how they should run their countries.

Considering the US and Russia share a border does that mean the US can dictate to Russia since its in the US near abroad?

The level of absurdity of the near abroad argument has hit new highs. Had the USSR not occupied all those E. European countries after WWII they might have more friends in those neck of the woods.

Russia is a failed state under Putin.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
All the countries within Nato have chosen Democratically that route it sounds like you are saying they have been invaded by NATO carry on upping the Russians as they have not stolen any land lately Ha FFS.

Come on........................ USA invites itself in by having a 'coloured' revolution, then gets its man in (Saakashvilli types educated in the States) then they invite themselves (NATO) in. It happens every time

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join