It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear The Walking Dead Scene

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I find this scene from the upcoming Fear The Walking Dead to be of interest.
If you have not seen the TV series yet, basically LA is fully occupied by American soldiers.
In fact I find how the military is portrayed to be of great interest during this series, the zombies arn't interesting me at all, it's how the military is relating to the civilians that is of interest, generally it's martial law for your own protection and you don't have a say about who gets taken away to government facilitates for "treatment". And your movement is restricted to a fenced community.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I saw this show last night and I absolutely agree with everything you just said. I even made my girlfriend watch it for this precise reason. She hates zombie stuff but was as intrigued by it as I was.

Quite eye opening and a little scary.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

"You think I like acting like some power tripping 5-O?"

Best line I'm that sequence.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Had you thought about, you know it being a TV show, this is how the writers want you to see the solders?
I would think they are there to do the job of keeping these people safe, even if their efforts are not appreciated.
Actually there a couple of people on this show whom I would just put outside the fence and let them deal with whatever happened.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
+1

There were a lot of people criticizing this show as boring, but it’s been everything I had hoped for so far. I still like the original, but in my opinion it’s degenerated into the same old shtick of zombie gore and characters dying off everywhere, and that gets pretty tedious and boring.

Fear The Walking Dead has really centered back in on the fear part, without showing us (almost) any zombies. Instead we have this much more interesting dynamic dealing with fear of the unknown, fear of failure, not being able to protect your family, being helpless, etc. I’m sure more zombies will come in due time, but right now it’s much more interesting to see how a shtf scenario descends into complete chaos - especially in regards to the guys with all the guns supposed to be restoring order.

edit on 23-9-2015 by mc_squared because: grammar nazi'd myself

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Let me see if i get this right...

A fantasy show about the start of a walking dead or zombie , for lack of a better term , apocalypse shows the military trying to control the chaos that would surely set in and people are afraid of that?

How would you propose that the situation and operational security be established in a setting like that if not by the methods they gave on the show?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Scary indeed. I'd like to see some soldiers try to keep me away from my family, no matter what the reason.

There would be insurrection and revolution...that is for sure. Not all Americans are weak.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

People want protection but they don't want to be controlled, a tough balance for any power to achieve.

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have......."

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

People want protection but they don't want to be controlled, a tough balance for any power to achieve.

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have......."

Platitudes like that basically will get thrown out the door if something like a zombie apocalypse were to ever take place.

It's one thing to not be willing to sacrifice liberty at the expense of safety when you are dealing with the Govt , the police , whatever.

It's another thing when you are dealing with something that has never been experienced before on the planet and could in fact wipe humanity out.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In the first episode when people were protesting the police shooting of the "harmless" homeless man, the show was already becoming a statement on current society. If course the police knew more about what was happening than they let on.

The scene with the boy videotaping the police, with the police telling him to turn it off and others telling him to tape and stand up for his rights... this was another mirror of current society.

That is what I like about both this and the original series - it is not just about zombies, it is about society, and what happens ro civilization when faced with extreme adversity.

The military situation on the show is gearing up to be an interesting standoff that could make people think about the what-ifs.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
How can anyone watch this show! No answers as to WHY everyone is going Zombie. At some point in time they will have to address this issue or folks like me & you will tune out. The basic questions left unanswered......what has caused the Zombie Apocalypse.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Had you thought about, you know it being a TV show, this is how the writers want you to see the solders?
I would think they are there to do the job of keeping these people safe, even if their efforts are not appreciated.
Actually there a couple of people on this show whom I would just put outside the fence and let them deal with whatever happened.

TV shows are a gateway into the subconscious mind of human beings. TPTB are well aware of this. It's why Operation Mockingbird was started, and arguably never done away with. It's why the US govt recently legalized propaganda on it's citizens.

It's why if you watch X-Files there are some eerie real life aspects. Do research into Chris Carter and you will find he was being fed info. from FBI and CIA to help with the show.

Consider the ridiculously eerie first episode of Carter's spin off - The Lone Gunmen where they talk about a small faction of the government crashing a plane into New York City. Even more importantly it was a war games scenario the Lone Gunmen acquired through hacking into a "government think tank's" computer system. And why?
1. The cold war is over
2. arm sales were dwindling
3. reason to bomb dictators and go to war

Yeah, no predictive programming here. Too bad not many people saw the 1st episode of The Lone Gunmen, which aired almost exactly 6 months prior to 9/11.

/Edit: Great catch Blue_Jay33
edit on 24-9-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I love the show, love the fear present with the unknown. Especially disturbing was how the *spoilers* military created the so called safe zone.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

We do not need to know how it started.
Actually, the whole zombie epidemic is really just symbolic. Replace "zombies" with "ebola", "civil war", "nuclear attack", "natural disaster", or any situation that would create such a struggle, and the meaning of the show would remain the same.

Some people seem to emphasize the zombies as more meaningful than they are. The zombies can represent anything that makes survival a struggle, and changes the very fabric of society and the foundations of morality.

The gore means nothing. You need to look at the deeper meanings.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
People dont believe martial law would happen here for some odd reason... but there is even a dedicated army career for it:

edit on 24-9-2015 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ly to: Blue_Jay33

The show is alright........

I think it spread too fast, and there could have been more of a build up, to get to the point they are all at now. They could have done so many cool things. Showing more effects on friends, family, coworkers. It seems like ,LA went from healthy to everything being shut down in like a day.

I also think they should have started the show off following not one, but two family's, for the first week or two of the outbreak, then had them eventually meet by chance, and try and survive together.

That would have made the show much better.
edit on 24-9-2015 by kurthall because: Added

edit on 24-9-2015 by kurthall because: Added

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In the zombie apocalypse it is every man for himself! The military is not trained and equipped to defend us from zombies! So why on earth should they be in charge of 'protecting' us from them?

Screw the military when you need to wear the carcass of a dead zombie to stay alive.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

replace zombie with humans without a Walmart.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fear the walking dead is pretty good. Better than i expected. I thought the way they handled the army stuff and the way people react was fairly realistic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join