It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Life Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In the last year of high school I had to write a story about a part of my life. Now I did this, but skirted it with the use of metaphors.

The Sailor and the Star

Intro:
Life is a constant. There is nothing, nothing anywhere without life somewhere, someplace, at some time. One organism-even a single person, bird, or mouse-creates the world. One organism keeping the the light from eternal darkness, one organism to see and feel; one organism to hear and smell and one week in one organism's life is the eternity of the Universe; one week in which it is created by light and the the one organism and from one a second and another, another, another! World without end and at the end of that organism's one week; its entire existence a world created and doomed; but created! One organism, one perspective, the Universe created; that one week and the North Star now shines...

Monday:
In the sky there were stars; one, two, and up to a thousand...Ah, but who has the time to count the stars? And the fish jumped, but none could see that one star shining bright, but for the lone sailor in his wooden boat, floating out at sea. The star was blinding and the sailor fool heartedly cursed it; not knowing the Star was his Guide. Each night the star shined down onto the sailor and each night the star shined the sailor stayed hidden, looking down, waiting, waiting for a wind to pick up the sail. No clouds covered up that Star, and surely this Star, so bright, would pierce any veil. But each day and each night the sailor would look down, oh, but this day, only one, but like so many others. Never to wonder, ah, but what beauty resides up there, beyond the realm of the sailors comprehension, what amazement, what wonder. Looking down the darkness of sleep engulfed the world.

Tuesday:
The sailor was awoken by the violent sways of the ship being tossed back and forth and the wind tearing at the sails forward, back, to each side and at every angle. The rain drowning, submerging the world! The sailor awoken peering out up to the Heavens, the Star, the North Star, ah! Where is it? Gone. The sailor now without a care and of remorse now that the sea and wind is violent and the North Star! Gone. Where is it? Gone away. A destination? The storm, to some place, somewhere, to some time. Ah, but lightning and thunder clap, the day wasted away in remorse. Is that Star there? Up through the clouds this night? Beaming still. Darkness.

Wednesday:
The day was set far into and the Sun beamed from the center of the Sky. A speck of light shining brighter beside the sun, a tiny speck, next to the masses that made up the Sun. There was a constant breeze; neither light nor heavy; that carried the sailor, on his wooden boat forward. The turbulence of the storm had come to an end, the sky was no longer shrouded by clouds and thunder did not clap. The North Star was shining bright throughout the day and as night fell, the North Star appeared to fall as well, at greater speed, but a similar direction as the sailor. As the Star fell, the sailor drifted to sleep unaware of the Random Force of the Sea.

Thursday:
A sudden crash awoke the sailor; the wooden boat directed by the Random Force rammed into some land and there the North Star waited. This Star shone so bright and was, as the sailor, directed to the other by the Random Force that had found them so distant; in time and place. This collision created a great explosion of life and death; volcanic explosions and flowers blooming; a star imploding and two creatures becoming one. The North Star never flickered, but at night flickered off and the sailor never left, but left to dream...

Dreams:
Dreams reveal the deepest corners of the Sea of Life and each Star in the sky an angel in Heaven and for each angel in Heaven a fish. From collision to the Conquest of many lands. From conquest to the release of Hell hounds; as Death fathered with Sin. The sailor would die, in the embrace of the North Star; their Hell hounds would live again; this what their parents had. The sailor and the North Star; Non-existent and Unaware to Love and Death.

edit on 23-9-2015 by Tiamat384 because: Added a colon after "Tuesday"

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

This is quite some style you got there mate! You managed to make the kingdom of the mind becomes one with the kingdom of reality. I must confess I am quite impressed

S&F - quite original, quite original indeed.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Thank you
It's probably one of the best I've written. And one of the three things I've written, make that four of the past year to year and a half. Great to have a compliment from a writer

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Very Good Job Here Tiamat!
I Liked the Way Your Writing Pulled Me Into the Story!

Very Good Job Indeed!!! Star and Flag for YOU Sir! (Maam?)

edit on 23-9-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Ha thank you very much
Very kind!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You are Very Welcome!!

new topics

top topics

join