It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Number Believe California’s Drought Is A Government Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There is a growing, underground movement of people who believe California’s drought is part of a government conspiracy instead of a naturally occurring event from a lack of rain during the last four years. The movement’s leader, Dane Wigington, says he’s putting his life on the line to reveal a truth that will shake society to its core.

Growing Number Believe California’s Drought Is A Government Conspiracy

"Wigington is 100 percent certain climate engineering is happening and is causing California’s drought. The truth, he says, will cause a global shockwave."

Global shockwave?

Like people outside Cali care what happensin Cali?

Don't think so.

First, there may be a government conspiracy causing the drought.
However, it is not clear that is linked to climate engineering.

These are two different issues.

Second, who cares. No one I know.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I found another article by Intellihub, claiming the same thing: www.intellihub.com...

It talks about HAARP being used to change the jet stream, chemtrails and cloud seeding, and then more legitimate points like how China used weather tech. to ensure a rain-free opening ceremony at the 2008 Olympics

This sounds like rubbish to me, unless corporations are selling our water to China... that might be a more legitimate theory.

edit on 23-9-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well as an LA resident, my main complaint would be while we are asked to conserve water, Hollyweird celebrities and government buildings don't do the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Since I do care, being on the West coast and as well as in a region that is affected by drought: Can't help but notice many were talking of this whole thing being a conspiracy.

After dealing with the ongoing fire's smoke pollution, people of the region having harrowing times loosing homes and firefighters lives loss, etc., in the worst wildfires to hit Washington state. These were fueled by the drought due to low snow-packs last year(low snowfall in the mountains) which is also impacting lessened rainfall, affecting farms and salmon are dying. There is something going on here, whether natural, human influenced or not.

Anyone who lives on the West coast, not necessarily California should be concerned because this will affect everyone and even into other parts of the country-a lot of produce, and more comes from the West.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I found another article by Intellihub, claiming the same thing: www.intellihub.com...

It talks about HAARP being used to change the jet stream, chemtrails and cloud seeding, and then more legitimate points like how China used weather tech. to ensure a rain-free opening ceremony at the 2008 Olympics

This sounds like rubbish to me, unless corporations are selling our water to China... that might be a more legitimate theory.

Water being bottled and shipped out is a possibility even if for local companies to sue it. There has been conspiratorial discussion on that great Lakes water is being bottled and shipped out to China. After all I've seen quite a few local bottling companies from the Great Lakes area that sell water. Why stop at US sales. Maybe it's not so far off.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The cover up is that water is used up by big agro and other industry. The goubmnet covers for that reality by making crap up like this.

CBS? (See, BS) in the main stream. I've lived here my whole life, there has always been some drought, California is a dry state. Its just that lately these regular droughts have been exasperated by the use of water before it even gets down stream.

NO matter how much rain falls or snow pack melts the capacity of reservoirs to hold the years supply of water is fixed at the number of dams and resevoirs. They aren't building any more of those. The under ground aquifers are being depleted by growing agro and other industry, like Nestle, for instance.

Nestlé is draining California aquifers, from Sacramento alone taking 80 million gallons annually. Nestlé then sells the people's water back to them at great profit under many dozen brand names.

Article

And BIg Agro…

The overpumping has escalated during the past drought-plagued decade, driving groundwater levels to historic lows in some places. But in a large swath of the valley, growers have been sucking more water from its sands and clays than nature or man puts back for going on a century.

LA Times

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Conspiracy is one thing and pure fantasy is another. Seems more and more egotists want to 'shock the world', to bring forth that hidden truth that will make them famous.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There might be something thats being ignored that is causing it but as for it being a conspiracy by the government to cause a drought on purpose i very much doubt it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It may be more like Dane wiggerton.
If it weren't for all the water in the california aqueduct.
edit on Rpm92315v50201500000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The conspiracy is that California didn't build more reservoirs in the last 100 years.

Everybody knows a drought will happen some time.

Why aren't there enough reservoirs?

Could be a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Pretty soon rap and hip-hop stars will be seen pouring out bottles of Fiji Water instead of Cristal or Dom P over their Ferrari's in music videos...

Drinking expensive bottled water will be how you show someone how rich you are in the near future.

"I'm so rich I water my African violets with Dasani!"

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe, our reptilian overlords want it hotter here on planet earth...

Just saying..............................

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If there is a conspiracy it would be the insane water management policies of the government.

When you live in a desert and have a rapidly growing population, you shouldn't be destroying the system of dams and reservoirs that were built up in the past to collect the snow melt and run-off, but they did in order to restore the natural watershed and assuage the demands of the environmental movement.

Then, instead of building something like a desalination plant, they decided a high speed railway line was the most pressing concern.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't put anything past the animals in our government that claim to care for us.
They would kill your first born child while you watched if it assured them
a win in the next election. I feel bad for those in California dealing with this.
Lot's of sad stories as mentioned by dreamingawake.
Hope things get better.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wont call it a conspiracy, but there seem to be alot of fishy government decisions, my little town had a really warm summer, we had watering bans for certain days of the week, my issue was how come all the hotel pools and hot tubs where not closed but i had to let my garden die because i couldent water it every day.

Again for me its a money thing, we live off tourism and i guess hotels with no water in the pools wouldent help get more tourist up here.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If there is a conspiracy it would be the insane water management policies of the government.

When you live in a desert and have a rapidly growing population, you shouldn't be destroying the system of dams and reservoirs that were built up in the past to collect the snow melt and run-off, but they did in order to restore the natural watershed and assuage the demands of the environmental movement.

Then, instead of building something like a desalination plant, they decided a high speed railway line was the most pressing concern.

I suspected as much. Everything I've read has pointed to intentional government mismanagement of resources and insane regulatory policies. But, then again.....it is California.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
no everything in life is accidental and due to ineptitude........go back to sleep

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They say cali goes through a rough patch with drought about every decade. Santa Barbara did have a desalination plant built in the early 90s after a drought but it started raining again so they sold a lot of parts to Saudi arabia... Iv heard that we arnt the only ones using weather modification techniques... Could possibly be a "cold" war in the atmosphere... Russia vs China vs US? I saw a video of a huge beam being shot into the sky off the coast of Brazil at a HAARP facility, the author says its heatin the ionosphere... This one isn't the same as the one I watched a few months back but it also claims to had footage of a UFO so I thought I'd throw up this link m.youtube.com...)

edit on 25-9-2015 by ResearchNOWknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I just don't understand what gain the government would have from stopping people in Cali getting water.

Surely destroying a large economy is not beneficial for government coffers.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Please, please, no more crazy talk about not enough dams! We have over 1,400 dams! Many were built as late as the 1950s. 60s, 70s. The few new proposals would cost $9 billion dollars to gain 1% more water! Even Ronald Reagan in 1986 wanted to reduce govt spending by changing federal law to have states pay more in damn building.

Building more dams will not make the rain come!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join