It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So nada? You'd think a habit would make it easy to pull a quote.

Midwesterners clinging to their religion and their guns comes to mind...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

How many congregants did these men have following them? Should Francis be looking over his shoulder in case they add a few and start catching up to him?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

where on earth did you get hat idea from??

From people saying stuff like this:

The whole of het GOP candidate clown car is filled with religious extremists - have really not noticed that one idiot county clerk recently was mixing her religion with politics by not issuing marriage licenses as required by law

Which makes my point nicely thank you.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Really? Me pointing out that you are wrong makes your point??

Perhaps you could explain that bit of reasoning in a manner that makes sense??

alternatively a dose of honesty would be appropriate for you right about now......not that I actually expect you to admit being wrong, but it would be a good step on your road to growing up

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

we don't need the pope - what has need got to do with anything?

We don't need the pope for American political discussions.

Indeed.

we don't need you for that either.

but both of you are allowed to participate nonetheless.

If that is how desperate the left is after seven years of 'hope, and change' they DESERVE to lose in 2016.

Feel free to make sense at any time.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Huffpo's Mayhill Fowler has more from Obama's remarks at a San Francisco fundraiser Sunday, and they include an attempt to explain the resentment in small-town Pennsylvania that won't be appreciated by some of the people whose votes Obama's seeking:

" You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is just to funny - All 13 pages... The only reason the Pope is visiting the WH is to get Congress on board with Carbon Taxes for the Global Warming agenda... The USA is a corporation just like most governments are. They stand to make a lot of money on the market with this. TPTB want it done before Obama is out of office. So what better way to get it done. Have the Pope whom I'm sure is already heavily invested address Congress backing the President's plan. Then presto it will pass....just be ready to pay taxes for breathing, or just for being...
wow! I just can not bring myself to believe this tax will go any how or way toward cleaning our nation up at all. Just another con to shear the sheep some more. Once this one is completed, then TPTB will find something else...

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Like I posted on another thread, Religion in America within the politics is used for propaganda to gain votes, all politicians do it, most of our past presidents did it and it works

Separation of state and church? is nothing but a scam.

The pope is the King of Rome, he is a politician Neo just because he is the head of the Catholic church doesn't mean that he is just a figure, he rules Italy and all the countries that are majority Catholic like a politician.

And while America is mostly protestant he is still a Christian and they worship the same God.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Separation of church and state is only a convenient excuse for when a person can't or won't be bothered to come up with a reasoned response to why they oppose something.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm a far left wing atheist. I, of course, don't trust the pope. He not only pushes religion and a god, he's Catholic. These are the people who brought us the Crusades, discrimination, molestation, and the Vatican. Nevertheless, he speaks to me in a way that people like Noam Chomsky and Neil DeGrasse Tyson do. I feel like he has a speech writer. However, if he's going to sway people who will only listen to the church, viva la subterfuge.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

like I said you know what kind of man the Pope is by those who follow him and like you adore him.

I adore him, too. What is your problem with him?

(@MamaJ - high five, girlfriend!)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

He was RIGHT on EVERYTHING he said. WHICH DID NOT INCLUDE gay marriage. He never mentioned ANYTHING about gay marriage. I watched the whole thing.

Good Gawd
What a sad worldview.

edit on 9/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

And the Daily[f]ail is a horrible resource, a sensationalist tabloid. Just like Beck and Limbaugh and FOX news in general.
edit on 9/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Apparently it's open season on Republicans.

And getting foreign dignitaries to push American political agendas.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The pope said his piece. You hated him before he ever even began speaking.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What would Sanders say ?

The Vatican has a very dense and widespread investment portfolio – holding billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations. Just to give you an example – the Vatican is heavily invested in Gulf Oil, General Motors, General Electric, International Business Machines, Shell and many others. The Catholic powerhouse also has large investments with the Rothschild family, and a number of world-renowned banks. In the United States alone, the Vatican is deeply invested in the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan, the Bankers Trust Company and a number of others. Their investments are so diverse and abundant, that it could make for a separate story.

myfirstclasslife.com...

Something like who cares what a billionaire oligarch thinks.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Apparently it's open season on Republicans.

Deservedly so. They need culling.

And getting foreign dignitaries to push American political agendas.

mm hmmmm.

But I bet you just lapped up what Bibi Netanyahu had to say..... started loading your assault weapons with glee. Right?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sanders is not in this dialogue here. You are.

Sanders stands for everything the pope said. (He was there - I saw him on camera. He didn't boycott the whole thing and refuse to show up.)
You hate Sanders, too, we all know that.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Time to chill out....
As members are not the topic of this thread......You are responsible for your own posts.

Let's please stay on topic:

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join